VT @ WVU Wed. Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT @ WVU Wed. Night

Virginia Tech Hokies @ West Virginia Mountaineers (12.5)

Virginia Tech comes into this game as the 3rd highest scoring team in the nation averaging 45.7 PPG. Kevin Jones looks for a huge game against the 67th ranked rushing defense in WVU allowing 160.3 yards per game on the ground. V Tech has a great offensive line that is giving Jones a solid 5.8 yards per carry, good for 1st in Div. 1-A.
    WVU is hoping they can play spoiler like they almost did against Miami on October 2nd. Miami was certainly looking forward to the next week when they played, and ultimately beat FSU. V Tech, however, should prove to be a more daunting task. VT is 27-10 ATS when playing in revenge games, which this one is considering WVU beat Tech at home last year 21-18.
    WVU is 0-3 ATS at home and they are 2-8 as a home dog. VT is 8-2 as a road fave.
    VT shouldn’t be looking forward to Nov. 1st, when they play Miami because of the fact they have an extra 3 days to prepare for the Canes. Playing on Wednesday night should help them there.
    As we scrolled through the hometown papers, we noticed WVU Head Coach Rich Rodriguez made many references to “playing a perfect game” tonight. Something is up with the Hall families, because DeAngelo Hall is the NCAA version of Dante Hall. This kid is sick! He became the 1st player in school history to return 2 punts for TD’s in one game.
    Both teams are coming off bye weeks and should be relatively healthy and rested.
    VT is actually a better scoring team on the road averaging 48 PPG, good for 1st in Div. 1-A.
    WVU has lost 3 of their last 4 ATS while VT has won 3 of their last 4.
    VT has the full package in their offense, defense, and special teams are all solid. There is such a thing as over preparing and WVU has probably done that.

VT is 11-3 ATS after allowing 200 yards or less in their previous game since 1992.
    Since 1992, teams that outrush their opponents by 1.75 YPC on the season have gone 47-21 for 69.1%.

We like: Virginia Tech -12.5 4*

The Hammer

searching around, and found this.

this is copied from another forum:

Under53

I hate to play totals, but this total is just screaming at me more so then anything I've seen all year. This game is a classic down spart for V. Tech as they are coming off an off week before their HUGE game with Miami. They will rest their best players when possible and will not do anything to run up the score. West Virginia can not score. Their only 2 offensive outbursts were against East Carolina (Padther, how about those boys) and Rutgers, both known weak teams. The History of this series points to nothing but unders, every game in recent memory has been under 50 points, regaurdless of if it went "under" the number or not. Even The in 2001 when Vick was there and V. Tech lost to Florida St. in the title game, V. Tech won only 22-20 on a last second field goal.

I like West Virginia....I Love the Under.

This Under IS my biggest bet this season
    (end quote)_

funny how people can see every game in such different ways.

luck to all

Comment

Did anybody watch W. Virg play Miami ??? or even Wisconsin at home ?? I know this is after the game, but I hope that the Virg Tech players got plenty rest in this blowout gaem

Comment

Working...
      X