LeBron James vs. Sacramento Kings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeBron James vs. Sacramento Kings

Finally after being the No. 1 rated high school player out of Akron OH for two years, tonight James will officially make his NBA debut as the Cleveland Cavaliers face the Sacramento Kings in the season opener for both teams. This could easily be labled the most anticipated NBA game to watch a rookie in the leagues history.

Hype due to James' already megamillion dollar endorsements by the media has this game off the charts! Will the kid be ready? Any sports fan will tell you what a huge move up from high school level of play to the NBA is, and being in the spot light of the hype in this game being shown on ESPN I feel James will have an adverage debut at best. Despite the kids awesome talents, nerves and intimadation will interfere with the purity of his natural instincts tonight facing a rock solid Kings club.

I'm taking nothing away from James because his numbers and play thus far has spoken for itself, and without a doubt he may develope into one of the NBA's most premier players ever amongst the likes of M.J. But what I am doing is putting this highly anticipated game into perspective. Keep in mind, James is playing with a very soft Cav's team. A team that not only, well...sucks and will need many games to develope true chemistry to become contenders of going .500, and throwing a kid straight out of high school into the mix, good luck!

Last year the Kings took both games played against Cleveland, and went 66-28 straight up going 40-7 at home where James will be playing tonight in front of one of the most hostile environments in the NBA. Sacramento in the off-season picked up All-Star center Brad Miller from the Indiana Pacers in a three-way trade for reserves Scot Pollard and Hedo Turkoglu. 5 time All-Star Chris Webber will begin this season on the injured list while recovering from knee surgery.

Tonight the Kings are a double-digit favorite against a horrible Cav's team, depending on a rookie who will be rattled and ineffective seeing the "step-up" from high school to the NBA. Doug Christy will show James what the league's all about as the Kings cover with ease in a laugher.

The Grand Wizard
    wizardofoddz
Working...
X