Ncaa Football Thurs &fri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ncaa Football Thurs &fri

Any thoughts on Boise St vs BYU and S flor vs Cincy. I did some research on S Florida and they should be able to win solid from what I have seen from their schedule and opponents they have played. They beat Louisville outright and played some good team tough. Any thoughts on this would be great.

ON PAPER...Boise St. should handle BYU.

BYU is 0-7 ATS in home games when they allow 350-400 total yards since 1992

BYU is 1-6 ATS in home games against good offensive teams averaging more than 450 yards per game

Boise St. is 9-0 ATS after gaining 300 or more passing yards in 3 straight games

Boise St. is 10-2 ATS after 2 consecutive covers as a favorite

Boise St. is averaging 49.7 points per game over the last 3 games with their last game being a 77-14 pounding of San Jose St. This game reminds me of the October 9th game against Colorado St. where BYU was handled at home by Bradley Van Pelt in a 58-13 beat down. Van Pelt was just 10 of 15 in that game (on Thursday also) for 232 yards. That's 23 yards per pass!! Boise St. QB Ryan Dinwiddie is a little better throwing the ball than Van Pelt. Van Pelt is more of a scrambler whereas Dinwiddie should have all day to sit in the pocket and pick apart a sore BYU secondary.
    This has "Blowout" written all over it!!
    Boise St. -7...this line scares me a little, but we're still going with a 5* Play!!

Good Luck,

The Hammer
    Sports-Plays.com

Comment

thanks hammer

I will look into this more now. Ihate when those stats are one sided like that looks to good to be true.

Comment

for what its worth,

the computer has byu within a field goal.

so, stats say play byu. as far as trends and ats records, that may explain the touchdown line.

luck to all

Comment

good call hammer!
          i was on boise st and it was easier than it looked. i just knew that the two times i watched byu earlier this season that i felt they really sucked. i also rememebered boise st getting screwed on a critical 4th down call against a pac-10 team in the early part of the season. just wish i had gone stronger....but.....

WINNER....WINNER....CHICKEN DINNER!!!

Comment

Do not want to be a jinx but Sou. Fla. looks easier than Boise.I cannot think of any reason to like Cinn. here,only on history but my figures have Sou. Fla.27-Cinn.17.

Comment

Cincy/S.Florida

I love Cincy +2.5 in this game. Both teams have solid defenses, & no advantage is held there by either team. On the other side of the ball is where I think Cincy will dominate play. Namely @ the QB position. Gino Guidugli hasn't exactly had a Heisman winner type of year, up to this point. I feel this will be his breakout game.

If you look back @ the last 2 seasons, Guidugli has always started slow, then finished on a tear. Who knows why this is, but who cares? It happens. He has a gun for an arm, & has 2 years of starting experience under his belt.

This is a must win game for both teams. However, I give the slight edge to Cincy here, as S.Florida is on the brink of being eliminated from bowl consideration. They must win out...which is highly unlikely, & they all know it. On the other hand, Cincy has a realistic shot @ a bowl, but they definetely need this game, or they can forget it, as they have games vs. TCU & Louisville on deck. They have been in this position before, & they thrive in it.

I call for the outright upset....Cincy beats S.Florida 21-10! Take the points!

Comment

Working...
              X