NFL picks (all games) for 11/2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL picks (all games) for 11/2

Alright, here are my picks for this week. Best of luck to all today.

Top Picks
    ======

***** Oakland -3 - Oakland has burned me in the past, but they are now starting a new QB that looked decent in a 4th quarter attempted comeback against KC , and they are facing one of the worst pass defenses in the league. I believe Detroit is going to make Oakland look like a superbowl contender again. Of course that will only last a week.

**** Chicago -2.5 - I had this as a five star pick and it lost one star due to Latomlison. SD's RB will keep them in the game, but in the end the Chicago will prevail by at least a FG. If both A. Thomas and Booker make their return, they will shine by at least a TD.

**** NE +2.5 - Wow, who's holding on to the dream that Denver is a healthy team?? I'm a bit surprised at the spread, and I believe that we should all take advantage of it. I don't see Danny Kannell carrying this offense, and although Portis will have a great game, he won't be able to carry the entire team for a win. If pressed, I would even take NE -3. Kept to four stars because of Denver's home advatage (Mile high stadium).

Other Picks
    ========

*** NYG -3 - What can I say, they are looking pretty good.
    *** Indy +3 - Tough upset call, but I don't see the phins dominating the game.
    *** CAR -6.5 - Houston's D is hurting a bit, making Carolina's spread more attrative.
    *** ARI +3 - Sure Cin is looking better than expected, but I still believe that Shipp and Blake (big game for former Bangel?) will carry ARI them to a close game.
    *** DAL -5 - Dallas has a great pass D, against a team with a healing QB that stands to take some abuse today.

** NO +8 - Maybe I'm crazy, but New Orleans may have a chance to keep this thing close with Deuce. Outright, I believe TB will win.
    ** BAL -6.5 - The QBs in this game will be a wash, but Lewis will bring the win home.
    ** SEA -5 - The only reason this game is a two star is because I'd rather see -3. Pittsburgh has many problems, and they should continue this week.
    ** STL -5 - How deep can STL go before they hit a bad player? Faulks back-up (Harris) is strong, and Bulger has been a blessing. We haven't seen SF's offense shine in a while, and this may be the game, therefore the two star rating.
    ** PHL -4.5 - Mcnabb needs to prove some more, and ATL is a good team to try to shine against as a QB. Both teams are terrible, but PHL has the edge with Buckhalter.
    ** GB +4.5 - Tough pick, but after a bye week GB will come ready to play. I haven't looked at the over, but I bet it's at least 49.. If not jump on it.

I guess the moral of today is I should always stick with my original picks. I downgraded SD as my 5 star pick because I thought it seemed too good to be true. And boy does Oakland always get me when I bet their games.

Good week overall however so far...

10 Wins, 3 Losses, 1 Push.

***** Oakland -3 - BIG LOSS Ouch.
    **** Chicago -2.5 - WIN

**** NE +2.5 - WIN
    *** NYG -3 - PUSH
    *** Indy +3 - WIN
    *** CAR -6.5 - LOSS
    *** ARI +3 - WIN
    *** DAL -5 - WIN
    ** NO +8 - WIN
    ** BAL -6.5 - WIN
    ** SEA -5 - WIN
    ** STL -5 - LOSS
    ** PHL -4.5 - WIN
    ** GB +4.5 - WIN
    Last edited by atomicchaos; 11-03-2003, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Great job Atom 9-3 ATS

I really loved your call on New Orleans...

Carpet

Comment

Last game was a nail biter, but closing the week at:

10-3 ATS

Hope everyone had a decent week!

Going on vacation on a good note, no picks this week, I'll be on the ocean sailing for the carribean.

Last edited by atomicchaos; 11-03-2003, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Great call on MNF, Atomi.
          Thanks

Comment

Hey atomicchaos...
            Nice work. I had liked those picks even before I read your post, and I agree with your points and reasons. I went 4-0 this week, with the Colts, GB, the Patriots, and the Jets because I bought a half point.
            One game that had my attention was the 49ers/Rams. The Rams had back-to-back road games to each coast, Pittsburgh to SF. A must win for SF who is a home dog vs. a division opponent. They already lost to the Rams and it all added up to a lock for SF. But I wasn't sure about QB Rattay. Who knew he would look that good?

MrLucky

Comment

Working...
            X