Week 10 Early thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 10 Early thoughts

Week 10 shapes up to be a very interesting week and proves to be very difficult to cap, ...It ranges from the unbeaten falling (KC) to turning the corner (GB )

My focus is on the Bears this week visiting the Lions at Detroit, The Lions are a 1.5 chalk (2.0 at BW GOW opening line)...

Last week Detroit beat up the door mat Oakland raiders and looked like a Super Bowl team in the process.

The Bears were at home and played a very well scripted game against another very bad team (SD)

Bears are 0-11 on the road Straight up but also 16-6 ATS away in November..

Lions are 4-14 ATS as a chalk since 1998

Bears have won 3 straight ATS last three games and are very healthy...

Anthony Thomas (Amtrack) will again run for 100 yards and Chandler the QB will spread out the offense.

I see no reason why the Bears cant win this game out right, even though it is very tough to play in Detroit....

I have not pulled the trigger yet on Chicago but it is one of my early strong leans.....

Good Luck to all,

Semper Fi,

Carpet

Looking at the Bears closely too. With Thomas running the ball and a consevative but consistent Chandler at QB, I think they can pull out the win at Detroit. Should be a good game.

I like the Vikings -5 at SD as my top pick. Vikings off 2 straight losses and SD has been plain horrible all year. SD's QB situation scares me a little as Flutie always adds a spark.

Will continue to look at:

Washington +3 at home vs. Seattle

I always play one teaser in the NFL each week and have had pretty good success with them this year. Got burnt by TB last week to lose my 2nd teaser of the season.

Looking at these for a 7-pt. teaser:

St.Louis pick
    Pittsburgh pick
    Indi +1

Comment

Woodie 12...

The Bears Defense will keep them in this game, In the last 2 games the Bears Run Defense has allowed only 166 yards.

Last week the Bears D limited SD RB Tomilson to 61 yards on 16 carries. Tomilson entered the game with more rushing yards than ELEVEN NFL TEAMS....

Pro Bowl WR Marty Booker is also expected to play this week for the Bears.

Special Teams will win this game and the Bears special teams are superior to the lions.

Intangible Factor;

There has been alot of "bull shit" printed in the Chicago papers this week in regards to Bears Linebacker Brian Urlacher, saying out right that he is not playing up to his full potential.

You can bet he is pissed and will come to play..

I am going to lay with the Bears in Week 10......

Good Luck to all,

Semper Fi,

Carpet

Comment

Woodie, Carpet whats your feeling on the Wash vs Seattle Redskins have been bashed everywhere this past week.Dallas put a hurting on them last week but funny thing is as bad as washington played they could have covered and they still were in the game.This type of team behavior most of the time leads to a win or cover in their next game.NFL TEAMS prove themselves on this type of bashing but the Bruce Smith problem is real and getting heated.????maybe he is to old and washed up after tough early season assignments.

Comment

Carpet-

I like your points on the Bears and I will go with you on the play. I think the Bears will continue to improve as the season goes and they get healthy. One thing the Lions don't want is a pissed off Urlacher--that is worth a few points right there.

As far as Washington goes, I am still looking at them as a play at +3. I am not completely sold on Seattle on the road and Washington is a dangerous team if they can get there passing attack going. I believe, as much as I hate to say it, Spurrier will come out with a decent gameplan putting the skins in a position to win the game.

I still need to find more to make it an official play so let me know what you think too.

Comment

Woodie

I have looked at Washington at home vs Seahawks.....

Can't really pull the switch on Washington.

Seattle playing decent football, and Washington is not, losing 4 in a row.

Granted Seahawks not great on the road.

Just what is it the redskins have, Home Field (rebound), Spurrier seems desprate

In this game I know one thing......Redskins lack a run Defense

I am laying off this game, with all due respect....

A flip of the coin.........

Semper Fi,

Carpet

Comment

Hello guys,

I'm about to make my first bet online - I am thinking Vikings at -5 1/2 against San Diego? As said earlier, coming off of two straight losses. I'm thinking they're due for a win. Especially against a team as horrible as the Chargers.

This is my first bet, and with consideration to beginners luck I am putting down $2,000.00 on this game. Any confirmation/second thoughts on this pick would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
              -ad

Comment

Nice Call on the Bears, Carpet.

I played them nuying a full point to +3 so I got the win--hopefully you did too.

I eneded up playing a small play on Washington too and squeaked out a win.

Look forward to seeing your early looks this week.

Comment

Woodie, the best I could manage was a push in this game,

One big problem with the Bears is they have no game plan which makes them very dangerous to play week to week.

Looking at the Rams game at home last night, the Bears have a reason to Fear a blow out....30 points on a little over 112 yards in offense....Now that is a DEFENSE fired up...

Could be a double digit spread.....

Good CALL on Washington....

Carpet

Semper Fi.....

Comment

Rams-6 at the Bears???

I know its on the road but like you say carpet, the bears offense is terrible!!

I think I can lay 6 on the road vs. Chicago!!

What do you think?

Comment

Woodie,

Your question is very solid.....

Bears O is gone, Chandler will start again Sunday at home vs the Rams, granted the Rams D is hurt, but they sure looked good against a Jamal Lewis Offense.

Just to many weapons in the Rams Arsenal for the Bears to contend with on Defense to begin with, not to mention the Bears total lack of a Offensive Head Coach in play calling.

I got to throw out the history of these teams playing each other, this is two teams heading in opposite directions.

Bears do not have the Defense that Baltimore has, and for sure not the offense....

It's early and I am looking hard at the Rams in a Blow Out, and a Dick Jaroun dismissal............

I will keep you posted, several other plays on the docket.

Good Luck to all,

Semper Fi,

Carpet

Comment

Working...
                      X