ARIZONA -7.5 vs ILLINOIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARIZONA -7.5 vs ILLINOIS

Today, Illinois travels to Arizona as a 7.5 Dog.

Illinois is hurt, they have lost
    Jamar Smith, Brian Randle, Rich Mcbride
    all starters. Now the rumor is that Chester
    Fraizer PG for Illinois may not play today
    due to an ankle injury.

Arizona plays alot of Zone which is going to make
    a potientially ugly game even uglier for Illinois.
    Last game vs Maryland Illinois shot a dismal 34%
    from the field.

AZ is better at all 5 positions, PG Mustafa Shakur
    is # 2 in the country in assists/game. ALL 5
    Arizona starters are shooting over 33% from
    3 point land.

AZ is averaging 93.6 pts a game, With Illinois
    speed and talent all spending the day in the MASH
    unit, I see no way that Illinois can slow them down today.

The Carpet says, ARIZONA -7.5
    "The Carpet always covers"

Good Luck,

Semper Fi

AZ wins 84-72 in a real come back behind fashion.

I knew with the Illini hurt they could'nt run for
    40 minutes

A few points for the game................

AZ has proved they are suspect in DEFENSE
    down low, (mark that down)

Illinois will be a very dangerous team come
    January (mark that down)

I Hope everyone jumped onto the Carpet
    and made some GREEN...........

Good Luck to all

Carpet

Semper Fi

Comment

i liked the insight heading into the game. BUt i wasnt about to lay that much wood so i played AZ on the ML. i tuned in in 1H to see Illi up by 12!! was cussing all over the carpet until i realized that ALL hoops game sare ONLY decided in the end....so i didnt turn it back on until about 2 minutes left and was comfortably ahead. good call

Comment

You make some nice points Carpet, especially for us out here on the West Coast that are oblivious to most of the Midwest CBB games (unless they're on ESPN)..........Looking forward to continually following your leads.............Nice job and Good Luck to you.
        ;)

Comment

Once again, nice call Carpet

Carpet,

Once again, always dead on with your insight. I really liked the play and then came back for some 2H AZ -5 action (I believed AZ would win outright). I was very pleased they covered for the double play.

BOL2U!

Comment

yeah, those west coasters are frequently blinded by the glitz and bright lights. many were easily fooled by that pac-10 powderpuff schedule that USC plays. well boone, i hope you didnt lose the refrigerator payment money on those bums that were going to destroy ohio state with "double speed". now all that slamming that Florida got for struggling to get past their bitter rivals from Tallahassee doesnt seem like such a terrible game after all. at least they got the win.

Florida deserves the shot at OSU, not conference runner up michigan. beside, lloyd carr cant even speak. did you hear that idiot's interview on ESPN??

Comment

Originally posted by hart attack
              yeah, those west coasters are frequently blinded by the glitz and bright lights. many were easily fooled by that pac-10 powderpuff schedule that USC plays. well boone, i hope you didnt lose the refrigerator payment money on those bums that were going to destroy ohio state with "double speed". now all that slamming that Florida got for struggling to get past their bitter rivals from Tallahassee doesnt seem like such a terrible game after all. at least they got the win.

Florida deserves the shot at OSU, not conference runner up michigan. beside, lloyd carr cant even speak. did you hear that idiot's interview on ESPN??
              Anyone that's read my posts, knows I don't bet on teams I root for out here on the West Coast............I never bet on the Raiders, Lakers, Dodgers, USC, or UCLA...........Those are teams I grew up watching and it's impossible to form an unbiased opinion in regards to handicapping their games..........impossible, so why bother?.............As far a USC's "double-speed" is concerned, I was right...........they were too fast for their own good.........they kept on running into each other all game long !!!
              ;)

Comment

Working...
              X