Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL NEWS 12.02.06

Sammy Morris - RB, Miami Dolphins 12/2/2006

Backup RB Sammy Morris is ready to go as he takes over the starting running back duties for the Miami Dolphins this weekend against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Morris, who was out earlier in the season on suspension has returned at the right time to help the Dolphins keep their slim playoff hopes alive. Morris, the 6'0" 218 pound runner out of Texas Tech, will be backed up this weekend by Travis Minor and Patrick Cobbs. ''I think he'll do very well,'' Brown said. 'It's going to be a challenge. The Jaguars' defense is pretty good, we all know that. But I think he'll go in and do real well.''

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shawne Merriman - LB, San Diego Chargers 12/2/2006

San Diego Chargers LB Shawne Merriman is scheduled to return to the field when the Chargers battle with the Buffalo Bills this weekend. Merriman, the Pro-Bowl linebacker and 2005 Defensive Rookie Player of the year, has been out for the last 4 weeks serving a 4-game suspension for violating the NFL Steroid policy. "I think I'll be a little bit anxious waiting for Sunday to get here, but Sunday I'll be fine, just getting out there, flying around, knocking some heads," the linebacker said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pat Williams - DT, Minnesota Vikings 12/2/2006

Vikings defensive tackle Pat Williams was upgraded from doubtful to questionable and is expected to play this weekend against the Chicago Bears. Williams, who has been nursing an injured right knee for the last few weeks, will most likely be evaluated at gametime to see how his knee is doing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brandon Stokley - WR, Indianapolis Colts 12/2/2006

WR Brandon Stokley of the Indianapolis Colts appears to be ready to return to the field this weekend when the Colts take on the Tennessee Titans. Stokley, out since the October 8th contest with the Titans, will be a welcome addition to the receiving corp especially with the season ending loss last week of TE Dallas Clark.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Byron Leftwich - QB, Jacksonville Jaguars 12/2/2006

Jacksonville Jaguars starting QB Byron Leftwich was placed on the IR Friday stemming from the left ankle injury that has kept him off the field the last few weeks. Leftwich, the first round pick for Jacksonville in the 2003 NFL draft, played the first 6 games of the season as the Jacksonville starter, however the injury forced him to the sideline and David Garrard into the lineup.
Working...
X