Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL NEWS 12.04.06

Al Wilson - LB, Denver Broncos 12/4/2006

Star LB Al Wilson of the Denver Broncos was carted off the field in the game against the Seattle Seahawks Sunday night. Wilson, an eight-year Pro from the University of Tennessee, left with an apparent neck sprain and was taken to Sky Ridge Medical center for precautions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jay Cutler - QB, Denver Broncos 12/4/2006

Rookie quarterback Jay Cutler may be the future signal caller in Denver but he certainly looked rough in the present as Denver lost to Seattle 23-20. Cutler was 10/21 for 143 yards and 2 touchdowns, however he threw 2 costly interceptions with one being returned by Daryl Tapp for a touchdown. "To have a game like this and have two picks and have one housed, it's tough," Cutler said. Shanahan added these comments on his rookie quarterbacks performance. "I think he did pretty good for being his first game," Shanahan said. "I'm a little disappointed in myself. I think I put too much in the game plan for this being his first game."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antonio Gates - TE, San Diego Chargers 12/4/2006

TE Antonio Gates continues to excel as one of the most dominant tight ends in the NFL. The 6'4" 260 pound pass catcher from Kent State caught 7 passes for 90 yards and 1 touchdown to help the Chargers defeat the Bills 24-21.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maurice Drew - RB, Jacksonville Jaguars 12/4/2006

Rookie running back Maurice Drew continues to run through defenses in the NFL. This time it was against a solid Miami defense that has been playing much better in the recent weeks to help the Dolphins win 4 consecutive games. Drew, running with starter Fred Taylor, carried the ball 5 times for 46 yards and 1 touchdown on the ground. "I kept my head down and kept going," Drew said. "Once I saw a little opening, I didn't give up."

Mike Furrey - WR, Detroit Lions 12/4/2006

Detroit Lions WR Mike Furrey continues to impress. The 4th year receiver from Northern Iowa caught 9 passes for 123 yards and 1 touchdown in a 28-21 loss to the New England Patriots.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reggie Bush - RB, New Orleans Saints 12/4/2006

Reggie Bush, the Saints No. 1 draft pick this season and (2nd overall pick), had his coming out party as the Saints dominated a good 49ers team to win 34-10 Sunday. Bush carried the ball 10 times for 37 yards and 1 touchdown, but did most of his damage in the passing game. He caught 9 passes for 131 yards and 3 touchdowns as he ran though the 49er secondary most of the afternoon. "Obviously, I haven't had the flashy runs or the breakthrough game like everybody has been expecting, but at the same time, I'm adjusting to the NFL. I'm learning," Bush said. "It's the kind of a game I've been waiting for, too. It finally came today."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Cedric Houston - RB, New York Jets 12/4/2006

The New York Jets have been desperately searching for a consistent running game all season. They have used Kevan Barlow (who was inactive this week), Leon Washington (7 carries for 40 yards and 1 touchdown this week) and Cedric Houston who has been nursing injuries for most of the 2006 season. However, on Sunday against the Packers Cedric Houston returned to the starters role and carried the ball 22 times for the Jets for a total of 105 yards and 2 touchdowns in a 31-10 win over the Packers at Lambeau field. Houston led all rushers in the contest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ladell Betts - RB, Washington Redskins 12/4/2006

RB Ladell Betts, who has ran well in relief of the injured Clinton Portis, carried the ball 28 times for 155 yards and 1 touchdown Sunday against the Falcons. Betts, a 5'10" 223 pound back from Iowa, was totally dominating a Falcons front line the entire game. He has rushed for 100 yards in each of his last two games.

Jerious Norwood - RB, Atlanta Falcons 12/4/2006

Rookie running back Jerious Norwood of the Atlanta Falcons has served as the backup for starter Warrick Dunn so far this season. Norwood, the Mississippi State product, carried the ball 9 times for 107 yards and a touchdown as the Falcons were victorious 24-14. The big play of the game was the 69-yard burst by Norwood for a touchdown in the fourth quarter to seal the victory.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Edgerrin James - RB, Arizona Cardinals 12/4/2006

Running back Edgerrin James finally showed the Cardinals and their fans the reason why he was brought to Arizona. On a day when the Rams were playing at home and for a potential playoff berth, James rushed 26 times for 115 yards but did not get into the endzone because the Cardinals let Marcel ship get the goal line carries. "I had an opportunity to go in, and I said, 'No, let Shipp go in,"' James said, "because they've been so supportive of me in practice and everything." Backup Marcel Shipp carried the ball 7 times for 21 yards and scored 3 touchdowns.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Trent Green - QB, Kansas City Chiefs 12/4/2006

QB Trent Green, who has missed most of the season recovering from a severe concussion, is looking like he is returning to form. Green completed 24/32 passes for 297 yards and 4 touchdown passes on the day. The quarterback also threw one interception on the afternoon in a losing effort against the Browns. "Now we need other teams to help us out," Green said. "That's why this one is so disappointing." The loss was a huge setback for the Chiefs as they now have their backs against the wall for a playoff berth.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlie Frye - QB, Cleveland Browns 12/4/2006

Cleveland Browns quarterback Charlie Frye injured his right wrist in the first quarter of Cleveland's 31-28 overtime victory over the Kansas City Chiefs. Frye was 11/13 for 122 yards and 1 touchdown pass before leaving the contest with the injury. "I tried to fight it off for a while," said Frye. "At halftime, the trainer pulled the plug on it. I should know tomorrow just how serious it is." Frye, the second year quarterback from Akron also injured his ankle in the game
Working...
X