BOONE'S NFL SUNDAY 12/10/06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOONE'S NFL SUNDAY 12/10/06

When every game on the rotation looks like a "trap", you know these lines are getting tight............Here's hoping that I don't "take a bath" on the following plays, jut looking to get my feet wet a little.............Remember, if you're going in on my plays with me, please pay the rent first..............Or as "Hart-Attack" puts it, "pay the rent on your refrigerator"..........I LOVED that one ....

KANSAS CITY -3 VS. BALTIMORE

This one just makes sense to me.......Simply put, the Chiefs can squeeze right into the playoff puzzle with a victory here, being that they still get to play the Raiders again and Jacksonville at home on the last day of the season..........Home has always been sweet for them, and with the Ravens having not played in 10 days, they might find themselves trailing before they get off the bus..........Ravens can afford a loss, the Chiefs can't......Should be a close one either way, but I'm going with the home boys.

TAMPA BAY +3 VS. ATLANTA FALCONS

Will probably buy the 1/2 point here with the Bucs........Atlanta has been a big disappointment this year, and despite last week's win over the Redskins, they just haven't been very successful at stringing good games together............That, combined with the fact that they're playing back-to-back road games -- just doesn't bode well for them, or for me.............Bucs are not as horrific as they have looked in recent weeks, and here's where they save some face........Let's go with the points at home.

WASHINGTON +1 VS. PHILADELPHIA

I like this one mainly because of the line turnaround...........The "books" opened this one with the 'Skins favored by 2 1/2, but that all changed very quickly with the Eagles victory on Monday night........But I get the feeling that the Monday win was more of a Panther loss ..............The Panthers have been blowing games in the 4th quarter all season long, and the game the other night was no exception........Meanwhile, the Redskins usually save their best for division rivals, and they played pretty well last week despite losing to Michael Vick and Co.............Actually think the Redskins win this one pretty handily.

ARIZONA +3 VS. SEATTLE

I realize that these are the "new and improved" Seattle Seahawks with the return of Hasselback and Alexander, but they just haven't made anything look easy this year at all...........Don't get me wrong, I know that they will eventually make their prescence felt come playoff time, but I just don't think they are all the way back yet.........They allowed the Packers to stay in the game way too long last week, and the defense has some holes to fill..............Playing at home, the Cardinals can pull a surprise and keep this one very close, or even win it outright..........This is definitely no walkover for the Seahawks.

NEW ORLEANS +7 VS. DALLAS

O.K, O.K, I'll be the first to admit that the Cowboys are probably playing the best football in the league right now, and everything's gone according to plan since Romo took the thing over.........and they actually showed that they could handle adversity last week when the Giants were after his neck, and he survived it all...............Problem is, the Saints are no slouches either, and actually have more to prove here..........While everyone and his brother is jumping back on the Cowboy bandwagon, no one wants to give Bush, Brees and Co. the credit they deserve..............Most of the skeptics insist that they are strictly a "home" team, and can only win in the hostile confines of the Superdome...............That being said, and myself agreeing with popular opinion that Dallas is probably the superior team at the moment, I just can't see these two team separated by 7 points..........Even 4 would be a reach.........The Saints will play the entire game with the poise they have showed all year, and if the Cowboys can cover in this spot, then I'll just have to tip my 10-gallon hat to the state of Texas.

Well guys, it's been a tough read lately, but these are my plays/opinions and I'm sticking to them...........Wish me luck as I wish you all the same..........Take Care and Happy Holidays to all, from everyone here at the Boone Moone Fan Club and Radio Network
    ;)

Nice reading, no matter how you do this week you have earned some style points with me for your analysis and humor.

This may not be the best news for you coming from a so-so at best NFL capper, but I'm on the Skins and Saints already. Say a prayer
    It doesn't take a zoologist to identify the ass.^^^^

Comment

i am with you on tampa and arizona.

Comment

Boone, to my surprise everyone is on the saints this week. I'm really surprised by this but it makes me feel a little better about my pick. I'm thinking about adding but probably want until tonight and I don't like it when you take the other side against the Cowboys. It usually shows that I'm being bias. I see nothing I like this week, I was thinking that NYG were the easiest pick on the board but the gut says run. Boone, just for the record I only like the KC pick , and you know what that means 4-1 for you today. Anyways good luck to everyone.
        jpehl

Comment

Thank you guys for the nice compliments............Hey Jpehl, you've got me running back to window to "double-down" on all of my picks............I love it when you disagree !!............Your know I'm just messin' with you man...............But seriously, I know that you hate when I post against your 'Boys (and that's why you're always eager to see what I have to say about them ) 'cause I've been lucky enough to have had a pretty good gauge on them throughout the season...........But that means nothing today because alot of times we expect a good, close, competitive game, and it ends up being a blow-out, believe me, your guys are capable of putting an ass-whipping on the Saints, I'm just hoping that the game is played on the up-and-up, and lives up to advance billing like the Dallas/Indy game did..............Good Luck to you man.
          ;)

Comment

Hey I know you play at bodog, have you checked out the new live betting ? Boy is this going to suck my money up tonight

Comment

Boone, give me your take on over under for Cowboys. Im leaning under

Comment

I'm really liking the Bucs pick as well... The line just moved to 4 which tells me there is more money going on ATL. The bucs defense is still somewhat tough to beat at home. I'm taking the points here

Comment

Don't really have an opinion on the TOTAL for tonight's Dallas/N.O. game so I won't be playing it, but if I had the proverbial "gun to my head" and I was forced to pick one or the other, I play the UNDER.........Somebody's gonna win that game 27-17 or 24-14.........
                  ;)

Comment

Hey from your last post your saints pick doesn't make since to me. Did you pick the saints just to make me think twice? I think I'm adding to tonights game but damn I want -6 1/2.

Comment

End of Day Summary

Another shitty 2-3 finish with my plays today, and while we were lucky to win the two late games, we were very unlucky in the early ones............These aren't excuses, just facts........Consider:

Chiefs: These clowns were in the Red Zone four times in the first 3 quarters and managed a whopping 3 points out of it.............The 3 turnovers and an interception at the Baltimore 6-yard-line didn't help matters much, but I blame it on this year's "Tony Dungy Coach-Alike" winner, Herm Edwards.........Every time this team gets ready to take a step forward, he takes them back two.........Doesn't help either that Trent Green is still only about 50%.........Either way, the Ravens were the much better team today, and obviously a big force to reckon with come playoff time.

Redskins: Getting picked off for an 84-yard interception return helped the 'Skins dig themselves a 21-3 hole by the half, but they had plenty of chances to redeem themselves...........The biggest waste was having a 1st-and-goal at the 1-yard line, trailing 21-16 with about 5 minutes left in the game, they went backwards from there and had to settle for a field goal.............That might have been O.K had I made my play this morning when the line actually went up in some places to Washington +2, but I played it at +1, needless to say........Close, but no cigar.

Bucs: If someone told me that the Bucs would hold Michael Vick to 155 yards passing, and 5 yards on the ground, I would have figured that the Bucs won the game by a touchdown or so, but not with Tampa's anemic offense............The 6-0 T.B. lead at half was too good to be true, and they reverted to old tactics when Gradowski came out in the second half, promptly coughed up the football, and the Falcons returned it for a TD............The worse part of it all was that the Bucs had a chance to cover the number with a 4th-and-goal from the 2-yard-line with 18 seconds to go in the game.........to no avail, the QB (Rattay) was stopped at the line of scrimmage to end all hope............Pretty imaginative play calling, huh?

Anyway, we live to fight another day, thinking about what might have been if things had gone our way instead of against us...........It's all part of the game......The season's gettin' good now, and the coming weeks are what I look forward to every year......Hell, it's what I live for.............Hope to stay in contact throughout, and we'll talk to you during the week.........Good Luck everybody.
                      ;)

Comment

Working...
                      X