Few Early Thoughts NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Early Thoughts NFL

Theres a couple of games i want to throw out there and see what you guys think.
    WASH(+10)/NO: For some reason I dont think the Saints could repeat last weeks performance if they wanted to. That game was strictly a grudge match against coaches. Obviously the old man forgot to coach this week. The public cant lay enough on the saints right now, but if this thing shoots up to -12,-14 I think i will take it. I refuse to believe that the Saints are that good; but it is clear that Wash is pretty bad. If you watched that game close enough the saints where two steps ahead of the cowboys every play.
    JACK(-3)/TENN: V Young is damn good but i think he comes back to earth this week. Jacksonville is trying to make the playoffs and I dont think that they are going to let Vince Young get in there way.
    DET(+5 1/2)/GB: Dont really have much to say just think that Detroit covers this game.
    DENV(-3)/ARIZ: Does Cutler get his first win as QB? I think so.
    These arent might picks just what im looking at as of right now. Im really wanting to lay money on my boys, but ive given up betting on them. I think the D comes out this week and makes a statement. Feel free to let me know what you guys think about these games and what games you are looking at.
    jpehl

As much as my sorryass opinion means.......................
    as for Detroit, they're 0-6 on the road with every loss being by at least a TD. Green Bay has 5 wins, all by at least 6. Green Bay just shelacked a pretty good 49er team on the road. I don't think Detroit's going to win in Green Bay, so........
    And I agree with Jacksonville. Tennessee has been competitive in all but 3 games this year and one of them in which they weren't competitive was against Jacksonville (the others being Dallas and San Diego). Tennessee was starting to look good with a 1 pt shoulda-won loss at Indy and 2 wins in a row vs Washington and Houston when they ran into Jacksonville last time. The result....37-7 with Tennessee's lone score coming in garbage time with less than 3 min remaining. Jacksonville needs this one badly to remain in good position for the wild card.
    I don't know about the other one. New Orleans has been on fire since those consecutive losses to Pittsburgh and Cincinnati....3 wins in a row by a combined score of 106-40. Washington can play good D but wouldn't be able to keep up in a shootout for sure.

Comment

Dragon what are your thoughts on the SD game, giving 9 points, thats alot. Pretty tempting not to side with KC for me.
      Jpehl

Comment

Even though I'm a Charger fan and live right here in San Diego the Chargers continue to amaze me. They are freakin' good! The two games they lost (Kansas City and Baltimore) , they should have won. They could be 13-0 right now very easily. They are 6-0 at home and have revenge vs KC for the earlier loss they know they should have won or at least gone to OT. The Chargers have always had trouble in KC but they always return the favor here. The Chargers will win the game. Although the Chargers have wrapped up the AFC West you can be assured they want to retain home field advantage as they definitely don't want to be playing in Baltimore or New England possibly. The schedule has worked out well for us with Denver and the Chiefs back to back both being big revenge games. It keeps the motivation high. I though the 7.5 last week vs Denver was a little outrageous but we saw what happened there. It would not suprise me in the least to have another similar result and I'm not sure it would be a smart move to go against this team right now. Merriman has been a force since returning from the suspension and Tomlinson has been virtually unstoppable, Rivers continues to improve, Vincent Jackson is coming on strong and Gates is always there. This is a great, great team that can beat anyone in the NFL right now.
        Now having said that, I hope I didn't just talk you out of a winner

Comment

Love your Washington and Jacksonville picks - IMO - NO and Tenn. are both for them not to cover according to my trend.

As for Det and Denver, I am on other side of the ball games. Green Bay will play next Thursday night, which that means they will win this game and will lose at home to vinking next Thursday.

Denver is due for the win - but they will win this game only from 1-3 . Buy pionts from Arizona to get a hook in middle.

My game is Miami Dolphins over Bufflao Bills - According to my trend Dolpohins will finish strong this season. Opposite from every year they used to started the season strong and collaped by the end of each year. But this year my trend keep telling me that they will going - maybe 9-7.
          "What you [I]See[/I] It's what you [I]Get[/I] "

Comment

Damn ive watched the bills the last two weeks and there beginning to click as a team. I like the Bills.Should be a good game, could go either way. Lets throw the Detroit game out, give me more of your thoughts on the Broncos/Cards game. The cards do play pretty close at home. I think im going to leave Detroit alone but i think they win at least one more game this year.
            jpehl

Comment

Man, the Cards are kind of a scary team right now winning 3 of 4 all of a sudden. These teams seem to be heading in opposite directions. That was a must win for Denver last week and they must be pretty dejected after that ass-whoopin'. I think they know deep down that their season is over, and that team is all about the playoffs. I'm sure Cutler will be trying his ass off but I wonder about the rest.

Comment

Come on man everyone knew that Denver couldnt hang last week. Now you send them down to Arizona I think I like Denvers chances better in this must win.In all reality have the Broncos already written this season off. Who knows?
                jpehl

Comment

What the hell was Mora thinking?

Comment

JAX/TENN

Bodog currently has this game off the board? Anybody know why? I can't find anything significant as far an injury.

Comment

Well they found out that it was going to be partly cloudy tomorrow so they pulled it off. Bodog pulls there games over anything. Maybe its just me.
                      jpehl

Comment

Working...
                      X