Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suckers bet?

I see that the line for the Bears are favored by -9.5
    Is this a suckers bet. I live and chicago and of course follow the bears. Right now the defense is "good" at best and the last time we played seattle earlier this year Alexander was out with his broken foot and Grossman is hit or miss for the last 6-7 weeks. He either throws 3 touchdowns or 6 interceptions per game. I realize that Seattle has some key injurys as well but that line seems out of wack for a playoff game

On another note the bears havent won a playoff game in over 10 years
    Whats stopping me from betting the house (kidding) on seatle covering?

Some unbias input would be nice

The game opened up Bears -7 -103 at olympic and was bet up to -9 within 10 minutes. So, for what it's worth, some early money felt -7 was the wrong number.

Comment

The Bears did beat Seattle at home back in Week 4, 37-6 so I'm sure that means something to someone. Seattle has not been playing that well and shouldn't even have made it to this game. I'm sure they're not looking forward to making this trip again! Chicago held them to 230 total yds and only 77 rushing yds.....of course that was without Alexander. I think Chicago by 10 is a pretty good bet.

Comment

Got to lean towards DA Bears in this game Seattle would not even be here if not for Homo errrrrrr. Romo and his butter popcorn hands
        Bears for now

KJALB

Comment

Yeah, Wonder what Hot Blonde Chickie he had in the stands that game that made miss the snap.

I am pretty close to Chicago and get a ton of Bears Media in this area and most people are fans so its hard for me to get an accurate take on the game. I am a biut of a bears fan but not enough to skew my opinion.

I think the Bears D wins and covers this game as it has done all year. If Grossman can even limit himself to one INT then they cover the 10 easliy.
          I think he went thtough the motions last week vs. Green Bay as maybe even a decoy on how shitty he can be. granted thats not too hard for him to fake shitty b/c he actuually is, but I think the gameplan will be structured to control the ball and let the D do it thing-which means getting them 14 points on turnovers.

May just lay off or play the bears in a 7 point tease with someone else.

Comment

Not sure if Grossman is capable of throwing for a win if his team is behind. Will wait for line as we get closer.

Comment

I think I'll wait for halftime on this one so I can see who shows up between Dr. Grossman and Mr. Hyde...............I mean, I know last week's game was a throwaway, but 2-for-12 with 3 interceptions?................I've seen better performances in the Pop Warner Pee-Wee Division...........Meanwhile, the Seattle ballclub is a Romo f*ck-up from losing 4 out of their last 5 !!.............And now they gotta play in Soldier Field?..............Personally, I'm gonna wait a bit on this one............I jumped the gun last week by forcing decisions too early in the week and I paid dearly for it................As Dragon pointed out, Chicago killed these Hawks as a 3.5 favorite in that Sunday night game early in the season when Seattle went without Alexeander, but will he make a 30-point difference?...............Probably not.
              ;)

Comment

Jump on it............I get it from my sources that this game might climb to 11+ by game time...........9.5 seems a gift.
                ;)

Comment

Im pretty sure that the Bears want let Grossman screw this one up. Take the Bears . The cowboys played terrible against the Seahawks and almost pulled the game off. One thing to consider is the weather. I know its early but it tends to get a little windy there. Might be something to worry about.
                  jpehl

Comment

I got Da Bears at -8 -115 at Pinnacle...I just think the Bears win by double digits...But this is Pro football what the HELL DO I KNOW
                    [COLOR=Red]Arizona DiamondBacker[/COLOR]

Comment

Im pretty confident that the Bears roll in this game.

Comment

9.5 is way to high

Got to factor in 3 grossman turnovers (if he throws)
                        and one if he dont......

Unless something has changed since the Bears
                        last game, this will be a close game

Two weeks of Rust to shake off, Bears by 3

Carpet

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet
                          9.5 is way to high

Got to factor in 3 grossman turnovers (if he throws)
                          and one if he dont......

Unless something has changed since the Bears
                          last game, this will be a close game

Two weeks of Rust to shake off, Bears by 3

Carpet

Something has changed since the Bears last game.....THIS MEANS SOMETHING.....Nuff said....JMO.........Good Luck all
                          [COLOR=Red]Arizona DiamondBacker[/COLOR]

Comment

Carpet you have a valid point to consider but for some reason I believe that this game will be taken out of Grossmans hands if possible. You have to factor in the weather, and i think its easy to say that the Bears D is good for at least 7. Theres no way I take Seattle. The play is either the bears or nothing. Im leaning towards nothing.
                            jpehl

Comment

Working...
                            X