TUESDAY MORNING QUARTERBACK--BCS STYLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TUESDAY MORNING QUARTERBACK--BCS STYLE

Nobody likes an after the fact poster, or an "I told you so" handicapper..............And I neglected posting a write-up about this title game simply because Bowl Games have definitely not been one of my strong points over the years..............But I did post my feelings on this game in the "Contest Thread" some four days ago...........Not totally by my own doings, but by something Jeff, the master that he is, posted some weeks ago.

I was all high on USC going to this game and again be able to dismantle the "Big Ten" opponent like they've done in years past......Unfortunately, they shot themselves in the foot, in one of the flukiest games ever played (the loss to UCLA).........Here was Jeff, stating his feelings on how he could not see Florida being overlooked for the BCS Championship game based on the fact that they had played the far better schedule of all of the teams being considered.

The weeks went by, and we all witnessed the SEC and the ACC Conferences dominating the Bowl Games, and the USC dismantling of a highly-regarded Michigan team in the Rose Bowl................But yet the public (with the exception of the "sharp bettors") continue to bet on the Buckeyes with both hands...............Who are these guys, and where do find the means to consistently indulge on overrated "Big Ten" teams that continue to underachieve?.............You talk about a total mismatch !!.........I called my brother (along with all of the guys that called me ) at halftime, to make sure he got down on Florida for the 2ND HALF !!..............I heard several years ago some advice from a bookie friend of mine, that when things are going wrong for a team during the early stages of a game, that 9 times out of 10.......they will continue to go wrong...............NO SHIT !!!................Thanks Jeff, from a guy that was blind to just how good this Florida team really was all along, and for the eye -opener that you provided in that now-infamous post from weeks ago.

I'm still a student, and you're still the teacher.............Time to celebrate my friend............And please, keep up with your true professionalism..............Thanks again........Boone.

P.S....... I would cut-and-paste that post of your's from weeks back, but my "computer girl" (she hates being called my secretary) took off to Key Largo for a couple of weeks, and that's why I haven't been posting too much of late.................I suck at this shit..............but she's back on Thursday, so I'll be back online soon.
    ;)

Well i knew where you stood on this game and i was right there with. I grabbed a little bit from the ml and alot on the points. Only worried for about two minutes during this game. I wonder where scit is now.
    jpehl

Comment

Boone - I wish I saw 41-14 coming. There were some props in the 5-1 range or so for Florida winning by 20+ points.

The end to another College Football season.......

Seems like it was just yesterday that the season was getting underway. Time flies when you're having fun I guess.

College football, for me, will always be the best sport to handicap. It's the most beatable (for me)........you're dealing with kids, high emotions, rich traditions, etc.etc......every year, the teams change but the scenarios and situations remain the same.......every year, especially this time of year, we get the big upsets, the great plays (boise st) etc.etc......gotta love it.

Well, we still have the NFL playoffs, the Super Bowl, and then......conference play in college hoops, followed by...........TOURNEY TIME and MARCH MADNESS and then the NBA playoffs before finally going into hibernation until next August

Comment

Florida's speed on defense and the spread attack are what won it for Florida. If you review the tapes, time and time again the spread offense created confusion for the secondary especially when the Bucks played predominantly a zone defense. The Gators were the better team yesterday.

Comment

Working...
        X