BAD BLOOD IN BALTIMORE......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAD BLOOD IN BALTIMORE......

Twenty three years ago, Baltimore Colts owner Robert Irsay packed his team up in the middle of the night and relocated them in Indianapolis, Ind. He tried numerous times to get the city of Baltimore to build a new stadium for his Colts. The city refused on each attempt, and fearing that Irsay would move them out of Baltimore anyway, threatened him with eminent domain(a legal tactic used by cities to get what they want). So, he packed them up and moved out, before any legal attempts could be made.
    There is still a lot of bad blood about that move, and any older Baltimore Colts fan will go on and on about the deceitful move that Irsay made.
    Jim Irsay, Robert's son who inherited the team upon his fathers death, was still very young when that move took place. But that makes no difference to the Baltimore faithful, they dislike him almost as much as they do his father.Upon returning to Baltimore in 1998, Jim Irsay saw a Baltimore fan wearing a T-shirt that depicted a fan urinating on Bob Irsay's grave. Now, that's some serious anger.
    The now Indianapolis Colts returned to Baltimore for a game in 2001 and lost 39-23. Then again they played in Baltimore in 2005, and won 24-7 To this day the ill feelings still exist in Baltimore, and the Baltimore faithful will be doing their share of heckling on Saturday.

I'd be careful about getting caught up in this from a handicapping standpoint.

I like the Ravens this week. But none of that has to do with this.

No one connected with the outcome of this game (players + coaches) cares about what happened years ago.

Even most of the fans could care less.

This is something that fans 40+ still hold on to and something that the media loves to throw out there.

But it won't have any impact on the outcome of the game.

Comment

I only made this post, so that some of the younger members here, that may be interested in the story, could here it. I never let things like this enter into my handicapping of a game. I like the Colts to win the game outright. Good luck in your choice also. It should be a very entertaining game.

Comment

Working...
      X