BOONE'S NFL PLAYOFF PLAYS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOONE'S NFL PLAYOFF PLAYS

Can't hold back any longer........Here's what will happen this weekend.......Good Luck !!

BALTIMORE/INDIANAPOLIS...........The Ravens are my "Best Bet" of the weekend........They simply have the best all-around team of the 8 teams remaining in the playoffs.......Alot of people will side with Peyton Manning because of his short passing skills and the 3.5 points that come with it, but rest assured that the Ravens will render the Colts rushing game ineffective, and when Peyton gets stuck in the pocket, it usually collapses.........The Colts use the Joseph Addai factor pretty effectively when they're in their domed friendliness, but on the road, it's been mostly in- effective..........You take this part of the game away from Manning, and he gets lost in the shuffle...............In fact, if it weren't that Peyton Manning was considered the best QB in the NFL, this spread would be closer to 10, and by all means, that's about where it should be............I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the Ravens could and should win this thing by 17 points or more.......It will be another unhappy ending for Tony Dungy and his staff.........In case you're playing the total, I like the UNDER in this one, looking at a final of 27-13 or 31-10 BALTIMORE.

PHILADELPHIA / NEW ORLEANS........At first, this game scared me a little............But when I figured that Philly could just as easily be out as they are in, I came to my senses..........The two-week layoff can sometimes make one forget just how dominating a team has been over the course of the season, and when you look at how easy the Saints strolled through the NFC schedule, you've gotta admire what they have accomplished............Sure, the Eagles have impressed some with their late-season run to the playoffs behind the ballsy play of Jeff Garcia, and the formidable running game led by Brian Westbrook, but most of the victories came against inferior opponents...... in Philly.........Take nothing away from Washington, Dallas or the Giants, but these are the guys that the Saints handled quite effortlessly on the road and at home............The Saints are rested, the offense has been unstoppable all year long, they are at home in front of a rabid, playoff-hungry, emotionally amped fan base that includes Americans from all walks of life, and they have the better team..........Big boy 'Hollis" is back on duty to front the offensive line this week after a four-game suspension, to boot...............What's not to like?..............Saints dominate......No prediction on the total.

CHICAGO / SEATTLE.......In my opinion, Seattle's offense will be lucky to score in this one..........The weather figures to be shitty as always, the Bear defense is pretty damn inpenetrable when in the mood, and the Seahawks are hanging from a thread to begin with.............The only thing stopping me from talking out a small loan to heap upon this game, is a fellow by the name of Rex Grossman............You see, this guy's capable of putting points on the board for either team............You noticed above that I stated that the Seattle offense might not score, I didn't mention anything about their defense................But seriously, if it were not for Grossman, this spread would have opened closer to 13 points instead of where it did...............Either way, I'm looking for complete Bear domination, and the only question during the 4th quarter will be what the total will be...............Myself, I'm playing the UNDER here also, looking for a boring 24-3, 24-7, or 27-7 victory by the Bears as they ready themselves for a showdown next week against the Saints.

My write-up on the Chargers/Patriots was posted on "J-Pehl's Playoff thread earlier in the week, and there's been no change of heart since, so we're on the road to an easier-than-usual sweep of the weekend's games, while we get ready for the AFC/NFC Championship games next week between Baltimore/San Diego and New Orleans/Chicago............in what will be two great matchups..............Good Luck from everyone here at The Boone Moone Fan Club and Radio Network.
    ;)

As always another GREAT write-up Mr Boone, we agree on most of course so NOW you can make your picks since I already did.... Good Luck Boone
    [COLOR=Red]Arizona DiamondBacker[/COLOR]

Comment

My picks are practically the same but does it not scare you guys that everyone is on the same damn team. Just a thought. Im really not changing my picks just trying to decide how much to drop.
      jpehl

Comment

Originally posted by jpehl
        My picks are practically the same but does it not scare you guys that everyone is on the same damn team. Just a thought. Im really not changing my picks just trying to decide how much to drop.
        jpehl

jpehl....the public is actually on the road dogs with the exception of philly.....its usually a "buy" sign when people go against the home favs

CF2

Comment

BM...there's a tout in your thread!!!!!

well at least he's on the saints and ravens.....still - where does he get off???

CF2

Comment

I don't know, but if he's 96-51............he should be in the Bahamas, not on this thread !!
            ;)

Comment

Well he'll soon be at least 96-53 because the SB is going to feature San Diego and Chicago Good luck BM

Comment

Why is it no one is giving props to New England? I'm going with the road dog in the Patriots.

Comment

Just thought I'd replay this post since it happened exactly 1 month ago today................The thoughts really haven't changed much..............Maybe they will after this weekend, and maybe not:

Contenders, Pretenders, Etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You've got a nice take on things as usual Jeff, hope you don't mind if I chime in with some comments.....Here goes:

AFC

Contenders:

RAVENS :These guys are the team to beat if you want to advance any further...........The defense is controlling ballgames now that Ray Lewis is back and healthy, Steve McNair has pretty much completed the offensive puzzle, and Brian Billick has already proven that he can take a team all the way....You'd better have your shit together if you wanna topple these dudes.

CHARGERS : The Chargers are steamrolling everybody right now............These guys posess a massive offensive line that consists of a bunch of piano movers, and the defense is actually playing pretty respectable too, combine that with the fact that they have this guy named LaDanian Tomlinson (ever heard of him?) and most likely home-field advantage throughout the playoffs, and you can pretty much make your reservations for Super Bowl 41 right?..............Wrong.............for the following three reasons.......(1) This rookie Phillip Rivers has not been put to the test yet........ during the playoffs - he'll face more media scrutiny, stupid questions, pressure, hostile playoff environment, and all of the regular things that make these guys come back down to earth the way the
                  Saints tore the Cinderella slipper off of Tony Romo's foot the other night..........(2) Just can't see a Marty Schottenheimer-coached team going all the way...........He will once again find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory........one way or another...............(3) Having spent the last 35 years or so with the Raider Nation, I simply can't break one our strictest commandments............"Thou shalt forever hate the Chargers, Chiefs and Broncos".

Longshot:

JAGUARS: This might be a little biased, but with Jack Del Rio being an ex-USC Trojan, he's already got "winner" written all over him..........figure in this newly-discovered little jitterbug named Maurice Drew-Tate that just happens to come out of UCLA, and you've got some ingredients that spell U-P-S-E-T..............Laugh all you want, but I'll guarantee you that the fans in Indianapolis ain't laughin' tonight, after the butt-pummelling they got from these guys Sunday.

Pretenders:

Patriots : With a defense living on it's laurels, and an offense lost in space, they'd be better off planning for next year.

Bengals : Love Carson Palmer and his two great receivers, but all offense and no defense won't even win you a domestic dispute nowadays.

Colts: Simply put, Tony Dungy's unimaginative offense has caught up with him again.........Last year it took 13 games to expose his team's vulnerabilities, this year only 9............See you again next year guys.......but try to get a clue.............or a new coach at least.

NFC

Contenders:

SAINTS : Storybook ending might be in the works for this team of believers............Brees always was a gamesman going back to his college days, and the entire nation finally gets a chance to see what all of the hoopla surrounding Reggie Bush was all about.......factor in a couple of receivers named Horn and Colston, and a coach that has more balls than "Tony Montana", and the sky's the limit with this group................Did you see the way this cool coach handled his former mentor the other night?!!!............Taking a knee with 3 minutes left in the game?.................You talk about someone sinking your batttleship.............The "Big Tuna" sleeps with the fishes tonight.

BEARS : Awesome at times, dismal at others, this team is hard to figure..........While this team use to rely on it's inpenitrable defense in years past, this current group won't soon make you forget about Singletary and friends from the 1985 version..........One must also factor in that your dealing with a QB that might as well go by the nickname "Dr. Grossman/ Mr. Hyde"..............The Bears will last as long as Rex Grossman's focus does...........This flash named "Hester" is a Dieon Sanders clone that brings in a special weapon, so to speak.

Longshot

SEAHAWKS : This team (believe it or not) still scares the shit out of me..............They never got to finish the job they started last year due some lousy breaks they had to endure.......from bad calls in the Super Bowl, to untimely injuries, to a schedule that would make the most frequent of frequent flyers jealous.............They always seem to play to the level of competition and their record substantiates this............With a Super Bowl winning coach calling the shots, and being a probable winner of their division, these guys still figure to make some noise in a conference where there is none.

Pretenders:

Cowboys: They had their run and it was exciting for the fans in Texas, but when you look at who they've beaten this year, especially since Indy is turning out to be another "also-ran", it really doesn't impress much.........The only one that came out of Sunday's game against the Saints more shellshocked than Tony Romo, was Bill Parcells himself.........did you see the look on his face when his former student took him back to class?.........He knew that Romo was wearing the Cinderella slipper all along, and the clock struck midnight before he knew it ...........maybe next year.

Giants: Manning's in a fog, Tiki's not interested, and Coughlin sucks...........Wish the Raiders would pick up the only hustler on this club..........Jeremy Shockey.

Eagles: My heart goes out to the two guys that play with alot of heart, Brian Westbrook and Jeff Garcia, but with no defense to keep you on the field, I get the feeling there is no pulse here.

Let's see what next week has in store for the topsy-turvy NFL..............Good Luck everybody..........

Comment

Cowboyfan
                    I don't think theres anything wrong with an extra voice. The more the merrier my friend. As far as the public I already know this. As for here it seems that everyone tends to be laying it on the favorites. I dont know about you but I will not be happy going 3-1 this weekend.
                    jpehl

Comment

mr.sycosam

Been nice reading guys,hope ever play is a good play....I need a good week I have a feeling that the chargers walk all over the pats,the rest of the picks i like

Comment

BOONE.... very nice write up .. I knew you could not wait till SAT to post
                        Only thing I can say there has to be an upset somewhere dont know which one yet ..... Good Luck
                        JPEHL...Dude its just another weekend right? what are you going for broke this week?Ill be happy with 3-1...Maybe... Yea 3-1 does suck ....
                        SWEEP

KJALB

Comment

Originally posted by jpehl
                          Cowboyfan
                          I don't think theres anything wrong with an extra voice. The more the merrier my friend. As far as the public I already know this. As for here it seems that everyone tends to be laying it on the favorites. I dont know about you but I will not be happy going 3-1 this weekend.
                          jpehl
                          hey jpehl - i dont mind anyone joining a thread...but i do take offence to these guys who join TODAY and then start posting their record that has no way of being verified - know what I mean??? you join the forum you are 0-0 and start posting your plays...i looked at his site and there is not much there - looks like he moved from a different site and i'm not going follow the bread crumb trail to see if this guy is legit or not and quite frankly - i shouldn't have to...

not only that..." i like saints and ravens in SB"...what's that got to do with this weeks games?? seems to be a "LOOK AT ME" post as far as i am concerned...

i like orange juice

CF2

Comment

Boone Moone, I am flooding the carpet with many twenty's
                            on 2 of your picks....................

Love your insight on Baltimore
                            and Chicago....

I am going to tail you on these 2 games, good luck
                            partner.....

The weather in Chicago Sunday will be RAW
                            very windy and cold

Carpet

Comment

Well its quite obvious that there are two types of people in this business: One that says look at me , and the second that quietly goes about his business. That being said I have yet to see either one not lose or win. I dont think this is any way to welcome anyone to the forum. The future always reveals the truth. So if someone wants to come in and beat his drum so be it , but I guarantee that the sharks are waiting for you when the wins dont come. But hell who am I ....... I dont know this cat from Joe Blow. Im starting to sound like a woman, I need a drink.
                              jpehl

Comment

Working...
                              X