Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOONE MOON...Who do you like Bears vs Saints ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOONE MOON...Who do you like Bears vs Saints ?

Boone Moon may I ask you your take on the
    game from a betting perspective??

Bears 2.5 favorite, Great Defense

New Orleans, Drew Brees miracle man,
    Reggie Bush, etc...

The Saints play better on the road than
    at home ironically enough....

Do you know what the Saints record is
    on Natural Grass on the road ?? (i dont)

I think 2.5 points is a gift and Defense wins games

Just wanted your take on this game

Carpet

Semper Fi

Saints/Bears

Well last week was rough.... it happens but I think I have two solid picks for the weekend. This game is tough at first thought but once you dig deep I think I have found the answer. First I want to say that Im taking the SAINTS and the points what ever i get on Sunday. Since Safety Mike Browns departure in October the Bears Defense has not been the same. It took awhile for the NFL to figure it out but its true, this is not the same Bears D that opened up the season. Peyton will know this and take advantage of the Bears. All the D has now is Briggs and Urlacher. You would think that the Saints will try to avoid these two monsters but no there going to run the ball strait at them. I dont think that I have to mention that Brees is a Stud. Grossman, once again they will take the ball out of his hands and not allow him to blow this game. Theres no way that a Superbowl bound team would let the Seahawks hang in last weeks game. I cant really give you much on how the Saints play in cold weather but thats just a chance I will have to take. I think I heard a stat on the radio that said that in the Divisional Championship game there has been one and only one upset each year since 1996. So that being said Ill take the saints as my one upset game. The weather is calling for snow showers and wind at 15 mph. As long as the wind is not heavy I think the Saints win by 6. 23-17. Feel free to add your thoughts.
    jpehl

Comment

Damn carpet I meant to start my own thread sorry man.
      jpehl

Comment

Carpet, I find it quite flattering -- yet mesmerizing that you would seek out my opinion on this game, seeing how lousy I did last weekend.............Which tells me that you're asking me so you can either (A) fade me..........Or (B) you might be figuring that no regular handicapper can be that bad 2 weeks in a row !!

Whichever it is, this is about all I can offer:

The Saints were 5-1 on GRASS this year.
        The Saints were 7-1 on the ROAD this year.

The Bears were 8-4 on GRASS this year.
        The Bears were 5-4 at HOME this year.

Honestly speaking, this game has me up-in-the-air at the moment (as far as the side is concerned, I have a BIG opinion on the total)..............My gut tells me to go with the home team Bears, but my heart and my skepticism has me on the Saints.........Brees is the more stable of the two starting QB's, so you can count on his regular huge presence, but in retrospect -- Grossman didn't look too bad last week................Sure they had their share of problems putting Seattle away, having to go into OT to do so, but it might have been a case of the Bears looking past Seattle while focusing on bigger game.........maybe.

This game will come down to whether or not the Saints running game can be as productive as it was last weekend at home.............Home teams usually have an edge with a running game, and the Saints looked pretty formidable running all over the tired Philly defense last week at home. ....................Whether or not they will be able to duplicate that feat on what figures to be "frozen tundra" this weekend, remains to be seen............If of course they can, then the next game they play will be in Miami.

As of this moment, 8:27 PST on Wednesday Jan. 18, 2007.........there are still too many questions to be answered for me to take a positive stance...........Hopefully something willl "click" between now and Sunday, that will have be "jumpin' in with both feet"..................It should be quite a weekend..............Good Luck to you.............I'll post back soon.
        ;)

Comment

Whats your take on the total? We want to know! Please tell!

Comment

Here is my 2 cents (I know who cares) but anyway Im with BOON i like the total better than the game Im thinking a low scoring game and the BEARS D will show up this week and play like they did at the start of the year as far as the game its a toss up right now Yea there has been one upset every year since 97 but maybe the trend ends this year,, BEARS vs INDY?????

Comment

BEARS by double digits

clock will strike 12 on cinderella

Comment

Boone Moon, my approach was sincere as was your reply
                thanks Partner.....

I am not a NFL capper per say, not my focus
                so the Carpet decided to Lean on you for Intelligence....

Respectfully

Carpet

Comment

I think it will be the Bears also, even though I will be rooting for the Saints. I noticed some real weakness in the New Orleans offensive line. I think the Bears D will be swarming despite some holes that have become apparent in recent weeks as JP mentioned. And the Eagles ran and passed pretty good on the Saints D. The Bears should do even better at least on the run. But I won't be going with either team.

I do think Indy will better New England. Peyton has mastered them two times in a row now I believe. The monkey is off his back. He will get his ring this year and he can finally relax for the rest of his life!

Boone, if I can envision a game going either way, then that is my signal to lay off of it. Or go easy on it.

Good luck.

Comment

well put wild

Comment

Side Note

With all due respect Boone... The Bears are 6-2 at home this year and 13-3 overall. I think the Bears win a close one. Every frickin expert is on the Saints. Too close to call IMO but I give a slight edge to the Bears because I am a homer!

Comment

Thanks Chicago for setting me straight.............You guys know from my posts that I'm a "taxman", and my season jumped out of the gate a lot faster than I ever imagined.........Hence, when I was pressed for the info the other night, I drew my stats from the "scoresandodds" website, and sent them forward................If they were wrong, then so was I.............Should have investigated this info before posting, cause it didn't add up to begin with................Sincere apologies to all I mislead, and I promise not to respond next time -- until I have my shit together...............Which is what I'm attempting to gather as we speak................It's been a crazy week for me, and we've got these freakin' games to cap to boot !!

I'm sending a new thread here momentarily with my thoughts on the NFC/AFC Championship games in hopes that we all clean up this weekend..........Good Luck my friends.

Respectfully Submitted,

Boone Moone.
                        ;)

Comment

Working...
                        X