X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Drive to 65 Mens NCAA Teams Discussion Forum

This Forum is officially open for all discussion
    items regarding the NCAA Dance....

Got a team on the bubble, share it with us...

Pac-10 expert, Big 8, Big Sky, etc... share your thoughts
    and opinoins here as we look to see who is the final 65..

lOOKING FORWARD TO SOLID INTELLIGENCE FROM
    MY FRIENDS AT BW.....

Carpet

Semper Fi

Southern Illinois a possible # 3 seed

This is the most vunerable # 3 seeds I have ever seen
    Great Defense, but just no offense last 5 games

SIU could easily be the weakest # 3 seed from a Mid Major
    ever.....

Mark this team down as one to look at come
    dance time

Good Luck all

Carpet

Comment

I totally agree with you on SIU...I watched both of their games this weekend and they should have got beaten by Bradley. Good D, but no O is right on the money. Think a decent shooting team will take them out. They deserve a high seed from their good season but they are very vulnerable as you said.

Same with the Big 10. Wiscy and Ohio State will probably get #1's but if UNC gets the #2 in Wiscy's bracket as CBS said today, they have no shot. I think the Big 10 is very overrtated and just slower than the other conferences. I may be wrong but I have watched a ton of hoops the past week and it looks like the Iowas, Illinois, Wiscy, OSU, Indy, etc. just are about 2 clicks away from Tennesee, Duke, UNC, Florida, UCLA, Kansas, Texas etc. I think they make an early exit.

And the same with the Big 12. A bit better than the Big 10 but still not the same caliber of other conferences. Kansas maybe, but besides them, they are weak too.

What I see is a wide open tourney. Lots of lower seeds advancing early. Maybe a couple huge upsets, with seeds, #13-15, making a splash.

I will continue to chime in as I look at it and hopefully we can target a few teams as hot or cold and make some cash!!

(also, a note on my posts--I type fast and don't like to go back to proof read-so if you see some spelling errors or grammatical errors, its not b/c I talk that way, just b/c I am eager to get my thoughts typed out!)

Comment

I see your post and knowing you are midwest people I will give you a ACC and east coast perspective.I will tell you that the ACC IMO has been awful this year.I have watched many games in person and can say without a doubt to me that I think the top 5 teams in the CAA CONFERENCE would have winning records in the ACC and once again this year this CAA is tuff tuff tuff.The Atlantic10 sucks big time they will get the tourney winner in the 65 but that is it.Also this Winthorp team is tuff and at last I will say that the CAA should get three teams in this year.VCU-ODU-DREXEL and they will all win a game in the 65.

Comment

Hey do not forget TEXAS AM they will make a run to the final four along with Florida-Georgetown-and I think the big12 is much better than the ACC this year.

Comment

Yeah, Love the CAA! Hope all 3 of those guys get in for sure.

Forgot about A & M too. They may be tought.

Outside looking in at the ACC, it seems like it is a pretty good conference. But maybe you see it diffferent out there too. Thanks for the info!

Comment

You guys are over looking my pick to make a big run to the finals... Memphis. Their O is comparable to UNC, there D isn't bad especially with their half court press. They could be real nasty come tourny time.

I also think Winthrop will make a run to the sweet 16. They didn't play well against VMI in their conference tourny finals, but they have been manhandling teams all year. They lost to UNC, and a couple other big time top 20 schools by a negliglble amount of points and only got blown out once by Texas A/M at their place. I look for them to advance until they run into a Florida or UCLA type team.
              [I]"Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.”[/I]

Comment

I agree and memphis will beat a UNC because they do play D,UNC doesnt know what the word D means.I think that was a great observation on Memphis but that weak conference hurts their tourney preparation.

Comment

Illinois remains on the Bubble as the big ten
                  tourney starts Thursday...

Every year it is obvious to me that the Big Ten
                  Tourney has no bearing on the NCAA Selection
                  committe picks, the mind is made up well before
                  the picks are announced....Usually the Dance
                  is announced within 1 hour of the Big 10 tourney ending

I cant talk for the judges, but can only speculate
                  what they see in Illinois

21-10 No real bad losses, but no real good
                  road wins, a Ho Hum Team, Now What ???

The only thing the judges can look at now
                  is how The Illini play in the next 2 games, Yes it will
                  take 2 games....

First Game Illinois vs PSU (Penn State) trying to beat
                  them for a third time this year (always hard to beat a team 3 times)

After that Indiana second round, should be a
                  real good game (Illinois matches up extremly well
                  vs Indiana)

Illinois is in a Must Win Situation to extend the
                  streak of 8 consecutive NCAA invites.....

More to follow

Carpet

Good Luck all

Semper Fi

Comment

Working...
                  X