Baseball Futures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball Futures

Well Im absolutely board since football season has ended and I wanted to get a few opinions and place a few bets on the baseball futures. Let me know what you guys are thinking and what value you see out there.
    Odds to win World Series
    Arizona Diamondbacks
    30/1
    Atlanta Braves
    15/1
    Baltimore Orioles
    80/1
    Boston Red Sox
    7/2
    Chicago Cubs
    12/1
    Chicago White Sox
    9/1
    Cincinnati Reds
    35/1
    Cleveland Indians
    13/1
    Colorado Rockies
    55/1
    Detroit Tigers
    10/1
    Florida Marlins
    50/1
    Houston Astros
    40/1
    Kansas City Royals
    90/1
    Los Angeles Angels
    10/1
    Los Angeles Dodgers
    9/1
    Milwaukee Brewers
    20/1
    Minnesota Twins
    18/1
    New York Mets
    8/1
    New York Yankees
    7/2
    Oakland Athletics
    20/1
    Philadelphia Phillies
    11/1
    Pittsburgh Pirates
    50/1
    San Diego Padres
    25/1
    San Francisco Giants
    20/1
    Seattle Mariners
    50/1
    St Louis Cardinals
    13/1
    Tampa Bay Devil Rays
    90/1
    Texas Rangers
    40/1
    Toronto Blue Jays
    22/1
    Washington Nationals
    100/1
    jpehl

Hey J-Pal, nice to see you back in the mix.........IMO the World Series futures never really offer the value that they should - giving that you've gotta go through hell and then wait 6 months for your ROI (Return on Investment in layman's terms)..........The odds usually offered don't really reflect your actual chances of collecting on the bet.

That being said, I'm sure it won't deter the average Joe, or this sucker (myself) from indulging on a little action just to have the bragging rights when your team is hopefully sailing through the season with a 10-game division lead............Fuck it, it's only money.

I doubt I'll get involved with actually trying to pick the World Series winner at this time, but I'll admit that a couple of teams warm me a little - in regards to winning the AL and NL pennant races ..........I'm looking at:

Philadelphia Phillies and Los Angeles Dodgers, both currently at 4-1 to win the National League title..............And the Minnesota Twins looked like a nice tease at a fat 10-1 to win in the American League...............Of course with the perrenial favorite New York Yankees at 2-1, you can get pretty juicy odds on just about anyone that doesn't play their home games in the Bronx.

I'm sure we'll have alot more to discuss as the season goes on, but it's never too early to start the ball rolling..............Let me know what you're thinking........Talk to you soon.
    ;)

Comment

I like your philly pick alot. I'm also looking at few things in my neck of the woods. I hate to say it but i feel pretty strong about the Rangers taking the west division. I don't know what it is but i feel they will rally around Ron Washington and grind through the Texas heat. I will probably be playing them at 4/1 and I will probably be playing the over 81 games. Once again a homer pick but im pretty pump about the new coach. As far as Minnesota I think it all depends on how Liriano bounces back from his injury, but I do see alot of value in 18/1 to win it all. I need to do a little bit more studying before i make my decision.
      jpehl

Comment

I really like O/U win totals for the year. Been busy with hoops and work and haven;t had a chance to look but there are good opportunities out there.

Being a cradinal fan, I think there shitty pitching and stiff central division competition will make them and Under bet, whatever that number is, probably 90-something.

Will look at this more and let you know b4 sunday.

but WS futures kind of bore me.

I love Baseball and look forward to a good capping season here at BW.

Comment

Working...
        X