Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio Bobcats at Virginia Tech Hokies

Ohio Bobcats at Virginia Tech Hokies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Bobcats aren't exactly a scoring machine. 8 games last year scoring 17 or less, although they scored 31 down in Cajan country, at Lafayette in their second game of the season, but that isn't all that impressive. With a new QB at the helm, this will be a one man team...Kalvin McCrae(1252 yards on 258 carries for a respectable 4.9 ypc and 15 TDs and another 280 yds on 29 receptions. I don't think a one man team can compete with the likes of Virginia Tech, who were 1st in the nation last year in total defense and 11th vs the rush. Kalvin will have his hands full with this Hokie defense, that's for sure. These linebackers will hit him and hit him hard.
    What can be said for the Hokies? Well, for one thing they return 16 starters to the gridiron this year, although those starters ranked 99th in offense and 90th in rush offense. Not really that good of stats, are they? But Ohio is a bit short of linebackers this season losing Tyler Russ, Matt Muncy and Michael Graham who were mostly responsible for the 5 games in a row last season that the Bobcats held the oponent to 17 or less. VT lost back to back games against Georgia Tech at home and an embarrassing 22-3 loss at Boston College(a team that surprised a lot of people last year and likely will again this year). Don't let the debacle at LSU last week fool you, this is one hell of a defense. That 48-7 loss will only add more coal to the fire this week at home. Ohio is about as far away offensively from LSU as it is from New York to Hawaii.
    The oddsmakers opened this one up at 20', about 10 or more points less than it should be, in my opinion. I think that the kitties step right into a meat grinder this week.

" Everybody plays the fool sometimes....there's no exception to the rule" If nothing else remember that.
Working...
X