The Raiders WON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Raiders WON

First, I have no $$$ on it. I hate the Raiders and if they never won another game, good for the world.

HOWEVER, that "win" by the Broncos is 100% total complete CRAP. I don't accept this "last second TO" bullshit and the NFL *MUST* put an end to it. I thought it was crap last season and the longer it goes on, the worse it is. Its bad enough they "ice" the kicker which is really stupid and counterproductive so I don't oppose it as a "strategy" since its obviously retarded but a waste of time.....but this is beyond. Unacceptable. I encourage every NFL fan to be more offended by this than the Patriots video thing. Its horrible. Unacceptable. Deplorable. I have no other words to say how disgusted, sickened, and opposed to this I am. Other than thank god it happened to the Raiders and not a team that matters.

Well I DID have $$$ on it, and as a matter of fact, they were my pick of the week for the contest.........But all of the money in the world wouldn't make up for the way they got fucked out of a hard fought road victory........The NFL keeps on figuring out new ways to fuck the Raiders, first the tuck rule, now this..............Whatever, these guys played with more heart and guts today than they have in quite some time.........and they have nothing to be ashamed of..........Look at how the Chargers are handling adversity tonight...........They are very overated.
    ;)

Comment

The tuck rule? That was like 100 years ago, lol....I wouldn't say this is a raider thing. This happened several times last year too.

Comment

All this just shows how desperate coaches are to win. Winning isn't everything. It's the only thing.

There oughta be a rule on this one. Maybe next year.

But how can you say no timeouts before a FG? Maybe no timeouts after the play clock reaches 10 or 5.

Comment

Raiders crying

Unreal. A team goes out and plays to win..Thats what sports its about.Dont give me this crap about thats how desperate they are. Your job as an NFL coach is to win. If you can call a TO and have the guy "iced" than so be it. It happens in football, and it happens in basketball. When they blow the whistle stop..Now we are calling a TO Unacceptable and Deplorable..Please.How do you know they are not calling a to to lineup differant. Perhaps Shanny saw something in the way the raiders line was set. Who could know. This is nothing like the Patriots cheating, and is not a rule that needs to be changed or added. Its a TO!!! Hell if he misses that kick than your saying how stupid Shanny is, not that the broncos were handed a game, or that the nfl id screwing the raiders..Tuck rule and now the TO Rule???? Heres an idea for the RAIDERS..stop crying and looking for excuses everythime you lose..Go win a damn game for once and dont rely on refs. I will leave with this my final point, and one that should put a rest to all of this endless chatter about bogus moral victories, cheating, and rule changes.........YOU ARE AN NFL KICKER...LINE UP...SANP THE BALL...AND HIT THE SAME KICK AGAIN!!!!!!! There is noone here to blame but an average team finding a way to lose yet another game. You should be mad at the lousy kicker you have. He blew it..52 yard chip shot and he let a TO get in his head....Yea how deplorable....

Comment

Yes, it was just a TO and within the rules.

But he told the ref he was going to do it at the last second. So, he did it for maximum disruption, hoping that it would shake the kicker up. All technically within the rules. But kind of cheap to do it a ahlf second before the snap with the crowd roaring so that no one on the field could possible have heard it.

Good point, the guy could have missed the first one and then would have felt good about getting a second chance and he might have made it. So Shanahan was taking a gamble too.

Comment

It wasn't "icing the kicker". The NFL allowed the play to go on as if there were no timeout, resulting in a made field goal. If a TO can't be called fast enough to stop a snap & kick, it shouldn't count.

Icing the kicker is retarded and the Eagles showed that again today. They gave the Redskins a TO on a short field goal attempt to plan a TD throw. Morons. They deserved to lose.

Yes, he "could" have missed it, but I've only seen that happen once and I think the kicker missed the retry. Every other time, the kicker made the kick and missed the 2nd attempt.

Comment

What accountability does the ref have to keep the Timeout a secret anyway? If he had signaled to the other coach that a TO was coming or been right on the ball to stop the snap, would that have been a violation of rules? Why is the referree helping the Broncos win? If they miss the kick, is that Timeout forgotten?

I think there was a game where the guy made both kicks.

Comment

seriously

First of all.All the rule says is look you can call a TO all the way up to 1 second on the clock, just like the offense can when they run a clock down. Its no differance offence or defence. Plain and simple. Yes they do allow the coach to tell the ref thats what I may do, just so he knows to blow the whistle. Im not sure you have the capability but look at the tape of the game...hey are blowing whistles and waving arms long before he kicks the ball. Its not like Shanny controlled any of that. He could of stopped when he heard the whistle??? Why change the rules when A: THey are not broken B: There is really no significant reason C: YOUR AN NFL KICKER GETTING PAID AN ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY TO DO ONE THING. KICK THE BALL THROUGH THE UPRIGHTS. You ever see Jordan miss the game winner after a TO was called in between his game winning free thorws??? Didnt happen..Do you think Vinaturi misses that kick??? Not gonna happen....Shanny got in not only the kickers head, but the raiders head, and apparently many fans as well..If your asking me the one hell of a genious TO call.

Comment

Nice rebuttals by "Strides" and the "Cat"..........You both make good points............but where in the hell did you dig up this "Tim Buck Two" derelict?...............About all I can reply to that is this:

A) What tin-pan-alley did you attend school at to learn how to spell like that?

B) How long have you lived in Denver?

C) How deep did you take it in the ass on the Broncos that you have such hatred for one of the most successful and historic franchises in all of sports.

D) How long have you been nibbling on "Shannie's" man parts, and when will you come up for air?

It's not that we're bitching because the Raiders lost another game, because as Raider fans, we've become quite accustomed to that lately............as a matter of fact, it's huge news when they win a game............It's just the ethics involved here............Nobody is fucking with the Patriots despite the fact that Bellechick himself has disrespected the league, the fans and the game by his response (or lack of it) to the cheating antics employed by his defensive coaching staff, and that's because they win games and nobody wants to accuse them of any wrongdoing.........They're just great because they're great.............Yeah right........But when it happens to the Raiders, we're just a bunch of "crybaby losers" looking for another excuse for losing another game............Face it Flounder, the league hates the Raiders, and always will..........That's just the way it is, we're use to it, and we'll get over it.............but for near-sighted fans like yourself and the other "Raider-Haters" out there, you all know you can kiss my "Black Hole".

Aside to Jeff.............Sorry for stooping to this moron's level, but sometimes you just gotta set the record straight.

;)

Comment

In response to a ridiculas post

Ive been in denver for 28 years, seattle for 8...Yes Im a broncos fan, yes I hate the raiders....now to what really matters. You said it yourself, its news when they win, so get off the trip of believing the NFL would have anything to gain or would waste the time to bend rules to hurt them..You cant win so everyone must be against you..cmon..All this being said...this is not integrity nor the correctness of the game..pull your head out of the black hole...YOU ARE A PRO KICKER....LINE UP SNAP THE BALL AND MAKE THE DAMN KICK AGAIN..ITS A 52 YARD CHIP...YOU GET PAID TO MAKE THAT KICK...Anything othjer than admitting he flat blew the kick and your hopes of one winm this year is yes, crying us all a river.

Comment

hey Boone, its tuff but hey - same rules exist for all 32 teams

as a cowboys fan, i have had my heart ripped out on a few occasions the last couple of seasons so yeah it sucks

fact is - seabass is a pro kicker, a first round pick as well....no doubt he practices those kicks (52+ yds) a 100 times a week

missed 3 FGs against the Lions the week before

your kicker has to make that kick

also, what if he missed the first kick and hit the second one ?? shanny would have felt pretty dumb about that....look at Andy Reid this past monday - calls a TO to ice Suisham just before halftime and the skins change their minds and run another play and get a TD....live by the sword - die by the sword

CF2

Comment

Good points Cowboy, but where does this other clown get off stating that a 52-yarder is a chip shot?..........I wonder how many 52-yard chip shots he's made in his life...........He probably can't hit a golf ball that far...........There are kickers in this league that miss 30-yarders on a regular basis, even when the game is not on the line, with 60,000 fans screaming against you.........Sure, I know the guy gets paid to kick, but calling a 52-yarder a chip shot is really not worthy of a response.............this dip-shit is obviously just another newbie blowhard that won't even remember how to get on to this site by week 6.............especially after Jacksonville kicks the shit out of "Shannie's" boys this weekend on their own home field.
                          ;)

Comment

yeah Boone - i dont like that D can call a TO like that and put kicker in a position to make the kick twice....there's something unfair about that as it is not like a normal 4th down play where whistle blows and offence goes back to huddle - here you have individual kicking that basically has to go ahead with the kick even even he thinks a TO is going to be called....i think that in those situations the D should only be able to call TO with 10 seconds or more on play clock...but anyways - it could have gone other way

52 yds is no chip shot - numbers will show that kickers only hit 50% of kicks over 50yds

damn he hit that high up on the upright though....if it was straight - that would have been good from 70 yds

good to see you back here....looking forward to making some $$$ this season

CF2

Comment

Working...
                            X