Arm Chair NFL Scouting Report Thread for Week 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arm Chair NFL Scouting Report Thread for Week 2

Give us a review and scouting report on the NFL teams that you had the opportunity to watch on this second weekend.

Well I saw te Rams and Niners. Bulger looked a bit better than the previous week, but this team is going nowhere. And now they go on the road. Bulger is getting beat up. Their O and D lines are getting overpowered. And they do not seem very inspired. Go with the Bucs against them this week.

Niners have a good D, but Alex Smith has not arrived yet. He doesn't have a feel for the pocket and the pass rush, and not great vision downfield yet. So their D will keep them in some games, but don't expect sgniifcant numbers from the O.

Comment

Pats loooked awesome of course. San Diego will beat most teams. SD's D is better than what they showed. But like Alex Smith, Rivers is not there yet either. He's got spunk and will improve. He's missing Eric Parker. They've got LT and Gates but no go-to guy on the outside.

SD -4 should cover against Green Bay, but it's in GB and you know what dogs and home dogs did this past weekend.

Pats are giving 16.5 against the Bills. They are certainly capable of covering, but Division games are usually closer. However, the Bills are hurting. Letdown game for Pats? Take the points? Gimme +17 and I will.

Comment

Eagles and McNabb looked bad. No fire. Like they didn't care. McNab looks rusty and inaccurate. Again, he doesn't have any great receivers. Lions +7 looks good, but probably will go down to +6 or +5 after this performance by the Eagles.

Redskins are workman-like and steady. Their D looks pretty good. But they are not going to blow anybody out. And their O line has now lost two starters. But they put away the Eagles in Philly. And Jason Campbell looks steady and confident, but not spectacular. Redskins -3.5 at home against the Giants will probably go to -4 after this win. Two teams heading in opposite directions. Is the Giants D really that bad? If so, it'll be the Skins 27-13.

Comment

Like I said in my write-up of the N.E./S.D. game, the Chargers don't have any receivers. Rivers completed 5 passes to WR's in the 1st game and only 5 more in the 2nd game. The longest completion so far has only been 20 yds. Vincent Jackson has 8 of the 10 receptions for WR's. There's nobody else with Parker out and McCardell gone. He either throws to Gates or to a RB. Tomlinson has 68 yds rushing in 2 games for an avg of about 2 yds per rush. They have no receivers, Tomlinson won't be as effective as a result plus he's not warmed up yet, they have 8 new coaches and no Cam Cameron to run the offense. They still have a good defense but this offense ain't going to be putting up pts like they did last year.

Comment

Watched the houston game for the second week in a row.... Was very impressed with the houston line. Its amazing how many years they complained about the o line...... All it took was a new QB... Glad to see there finally tying the loose ends in Houston.....
            Im not going to comment on the Cowboys as everyone knows how I feel about them...Although I am really considering making them a play this week, but im kind of superstitious.... Were 2-0 when I dont bet them.....Lol I might as well get a little action in before the Pats come to town.....
            jpehl

Comment

You've gotta admit that the 'Boys offense sure has a different look to them now that the "The Tuna" skipped town........Just goes to show you what they may have been capable of all along..........They surprised the shit out of me last week.............especially since Miami is a tough place to go in and win the way they did...........who knew?
              ;)

Comment

Working...
              X