Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okla. Sooners at Tulsa Golden Hurricane

Okla. Sooners at Tulsa Golden Hurricane

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skelly Stadium, which holds over 65,000 fans, will be jumping tonight when the Sooners meet the Hurricane.
    "Hurricane." That name sounds familiar. I believe it was the team in Miami, last night, that I thought would not play as well as they did. Tex A&M suffered a loss that ruined my perfect pick season, but they got off to a slow start, and it didn't get much faster after that. So be it!!!
    Well, moving right along, we have an Oklahoma team that scored 51 points against that Mia defense that "I viewed" to be nothing short of awesome. They played like a team that was on amphetamines.They really got my respect..... but how did Oklahoma score 51 points against them this year? And they did it with Bradford at QB taking the place of Paul Thompson, and an offensive line that returns 4 starters surely was of some help.
    Oklahoma faces a team that has only 11 starters returning and only 5 on offense. Tulsa lost its two best receivers but it seems they have not missed a beat by QB Paul Smith working to a mulitude of receivers that are "catching the ball." Tonight Tulsa faces one of the stingiest secondaries in the entire NCAA, and I do not feel that Paul Smith will have anywhere near the success that he has had in Tulsa's first two games. The Tulsa defense can be had as illustrated in their last game vs BYU,which they won 55-47. Sounds like a girl's basketball score, don't it?
    Oklahoma has given up 26 points in three games(10 to N Tex,13 to Miami and 3 to Utah St)
    and they won't give up much here either. I think when you give up 23 points or more to the home team, you are almost giving up the world. But my choice is Oklahoma minus the points, because of their staunch defense, and an offense that plays much like a well oiled machine. In 6 away games last season plus one bowl game Oklahoma only managed a 23 point deficit once, and lost outright 3 times. Not a very good stat to be betting Oklahoma, is it? A definitive point is that the Tulsa secondary is hurting, and return only one offensive lineman. Paul Smith last year on 350 att, completed 233 passes, for 2727 yards, with 9 ints and 15 TDs for an outstanding 66.6 % rating. The only 15 TDs is what bothers me, on so many yards. He will have to find a go-to man tonight if they are to stay in the game. Good luck to all.

"Everybody plays the fool sometimes....there's no exception to the rule."
    Online:

Thanks Great info.

Good Luck

krc

Comment

Working...
    X