Dragon's NFL - Week 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon's NFL - Week 3

Indianapolis -6 @ Houston - Indianapolis has won 9 out of 10 in this series with the only loss being last year during the Colt's end of season 4 out of 5 losing streak. 8 out of those 9 wins have been by 9 or more. Andre Johnson, who has been Schaub's favorite target this year, is out. Johnson has only accounted for 14 of the team's 36 receptions, 262 of the total 452 receiving yds, 3 of the 4 offensive TD's, longest reception of 77 (which is 50 longer than any other reception), and a nice 18.7 yd average per catch. Schaub's other receivers have a total of 6 receptions for 50 yds and no TD's. Houston has a nice little start to the season but will now be facing the Super Bowl champs who will not be likely to take the Texans lightly, in this division matchup for 1st place, after last years loss and Houston's recent play.

Green Bay +5.5 vs San Diego - LaDanian Tomlinson has 35 rushes for 68 yds in 2 games so far. That's a 1.9 yd YPR average. Part of the reason is because he isn't game ready yet, being held out of the entire pre-season. And part of it is probably due to the lack of a passing game, especially lack of a deep threat. The longest completion so far has only been for 22 yds. Chargers WR's have only caught 10 passes for 115 yds in the first 2 games. Most of the other completions have been dinkers to RB's. TE Antonio Gates has been the primary target so far with 16 receptions for 184 yds. They only have 28 pts total, one TD only being a 29 yd drive after a TO, and only 1 FG attempt. WR Eric Parker will be out again for this game as well as starting LB Matt Wilhelm.
    With the Green Bay 'D' playing well and San Diego's offense sputtering this will probably be a low scoring game and I can't see how the Chargers can be expected to win by 6 or more.

N.Y. Jets -3 vs Miami - The Jets have won 5 out of the last 6 meetings. Here are some other pro-Jet stats from UsaToday:
    * MIA is 6-22 ATS in their last 28 vs. AFC East.
    * MIA is 3-9 ATS in their last 12 vs. AFC.
    * MIA are 4-18-1 ATS in the last 23 meetings w/ the Jets.
    * Favorite is 7-3 ATS in last 10 meetings.
    Miami has given up around 350 yds rushing in their 2 games so far and hasn't been real successful themselves in that area with only 66 against Wash. and 61 against Dallas. The Jets haven't done a heck of a lot better either but should have an easier time maybe, especially with Miami LB and leading tackler Zach Thomas out.

Dallas +3 @ Chicago - The Bears have been even worse than the Chargers on offense so far. They only managed a FG vs the Chargers, and that was largely because of a S.D. miscue. Then only managed 13 offensive pts at home against a bad K.C. team. They've got a mistake prone QB who's already thrown 3 INT's to go with a couple fumbles. Their longest reception thus far has only netted 24 yds and their longest rushing attempt has been a 13 yarder. Dallas, on the other hand, has put up 82 pts in 2 games and over 800 yds of offense. They could probably use a little help on defense, but most of the damage has come through the air and can't see Grossman taking advantage of that as well as Trent Green and Eli Manning have. The Cowboys do have 5 picks so far also.

Nice picks Dragon. And 2 dogs that win outright! 2-0 plus 2 pushes, I'll take that anyday.

Comment

Thanks I'll take it too but damn, the Colts were up by 17 at one point and the Jets were up by 18.

Comment

I'll give you Indy should have covered. But I don't have much faith in the Jets! Good Luck! Either way nice picks!

Comment

Nice picks, two last minute pushes. I had both those games that pushed!!

Comment

Working...
          X