• Show
Clear All

• Dragon1952 - CFB Week 5 - Friday - Saturday

Week 1 - 5-3
    Week 2 - 3-5
    Week 3 - 5-2
    Week 4 - 5-4

Friday -
    West Virginia -7 @ S. Florida - West Virginia is 10-3 ATS in their last 13 road games. They've got big-time revenge here for the 24-19 upset last year at home vs S. Florida, a game in which they turned the ball over 4 times and had a fumble returned for a TD. The Mountaineers may have been peeking ahead to the Rutgers game in that matchup but no chance of that happening this time with Syracuse on deck. Both of these teams are playing well on defense and giving up less than 17 pts per game but West Virginia has the advantage on offense averaging 17 pts more per game. West Virginia won the last matchup on this field in '05 by 15 and racked up over 600 yds of offense. Maybe not this time but they should be able to win by a TD. West Virginia has outscored their opponents so far by a margin of 189-68. S. Florida has been a little less impressive in beating Elon by 15 and Auburn by 3 in OT, teams West Virginia would have probably annihilated, although they did score a nice 27 pt victory over North Carolina last week. Mountaineers get revenge and go to 5-0 ATS on the year!
    Saturday-
    Miami -24 vs Duke - I think Miami has got their swagger back and should dominate a Duke team that has virtually no running game (240 yds in 120 attempts for a 2 yd per rush average). Duke has been able to stay fairly competitve against the likes of Navy and Northwestern but they did lose to Uconn by 31 and that was at home. Navy just torched them for 540 yds. Duke did make it a fairly close game last year in a 20-15 loss, but they did trail 20-2 well into the 4th Q. The last time Duke traveled to Miami was in '05 when Miami routed them 52-7. This will also be Miami's 3rd home game in a row. And more significantly, this will be Duke's 4th road game in a row. Miami rolls!
    Temple +6 @ Army - Army scored one offensive TD vs Akron, one more offensive TD in regulation vs Rhode Island, they managed 10 pts against Wake Forest and then another 10 offensive pts vs Boston College. That's 34 offensive pts in regulation in 4 games for an average of 8.5 pts per game. Even though Temple is 0-4 they are 3-1 ATS losing by only 5 at Uconn and by 7 at Bowling Green. Temple QB Adam DiMichele is coming off a 300 yd, 4 TD performance against Bowling Green and Temple looks to be improving offensively where the same cannot be said about Army.
    UTEP +2 @ SMU - In SMU's lone win, vs door mat North Texas, they still gave up over 600 yds passing. In fact they've given up over 1400 yds in the 4 games so far. Why anyone would even bother with the run is beyond me. SMU has also given up an average of over 36 pts per game so far. I watched the Texas Tech/SMU game earlier this year and it was incredible how bad SMU looked. UTEP has put up 55 pts in 2 road games so far, and against better competition than this , so they can score on the road. I think UTEP wins SU.
    Oklahoma -22 @ Colorado - It's hard to imagine Oklahoma not being able to win by about 30 here. After all, in their 4 games so far they have scored 79, 51, 54 and 62 and have only given up an average of 12 pts per game. We saw a couple weeks ago how well Colorado does against a top notch defense as they were only able to score 6 pts (TD and missed conversion) against Florida St. and that was in garbage time. Yeah Oklahoma has Texas on deck but with this game being the Big 12 opener I can't see them taking any chances here vs a team that played them really tough for 3 Q's last year.
    Ohio St -22.5 @ Minnesota - Ohio St giving up about 7 pts per game while the Gophers are giving up a ton. The Buckeyes now seem to be hitting their stride offensively too. They should be able to score close to Fla. Atl's 42 or Purdue's 45 at least while limiting Minnesota to something like last year maybe where they held them to 0 pts and under 200 yds.
    USC -20 @ Washington - Washington did play the Trojans tough last year but before that it was USC wins by 27, 38 and 20. I also see where Washington is 9-24-2 ATS in their last 35 home games and USC is 7-2 ATS in their last 9 overall. After their ho-hum effort against Idaho in the opener, USC has come on strong with 2 covers in a row vs Nebraska and Washington St. They know they've got to keep rolling with LSU and Oklahoma playing the way they are so I believe they will continue to lay it on. Washington is liable to be a little spent after the 2 big emotional wins to open the season followed by 2 extremely tough games in a row against Ohio St and UCLA. Probably not a good time to be facing the #1 team in the nation.
    Arizona St -14 @ Stanford - I love Arizona St! They're like West Virginia in that they are never out of it...as in covering the spread. They can score in bunches which is what you like to see with a 2 TD spread like this. We saw what Oregon did to Stanford last week and there is no reason why the Sun Devils can't do the same. Oregon let Stanford in it by screwing up time after time in the 1st half. If Arizona St takes care of the ball Stanford should never even be in it.

Good luck Dragon. Like a few of your pics. I don;t think Duke comes close to the endzone against Miami. see a 35+ point route with a goose egg for Duke.

Comment

Thanks. Yeah, looks like I'm going to need a bunch of routs

Comment

Working...
      X