Woodee's MLB Playoff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodee's MLB Playoff Thread

Historically done well in the baseball playoffs. Good profit last year and even better chance this year since my team is out of it and I throw out any homer plays.

Play 1: (mini-playoff)

San Diego -133 over Colorado...Rockies have been rolling and are at home. Two words that make this a play for me..Jake Peavey. See a gem from him and not a huge Fogg fan either. Think he does enough to keep the rockies down and SD wins a low-scoring game. Oh, yeah, they have Jim Rome Jungle Karma from towers being on the rome show this afternoon--Dont; underestimate that angle!

Play 2:

Cubs/DBacks UNDER 7.5...Zambrano/Webb...Obvious call here. See the freak-show Zambrano throwong well and you all know about webb. Alos, its almost like a home game for the Cubs in Arizona so looking at them for the series too. Cubs play spring ball in Mesa and there are a lot of fans in that area that will make the away game turn part home.

good game tonight woodee. Usually dont do well in baseball but I see cubs and the phillies winning this round. Dont have a clue whats going to happen in the AL. Any thoughts...
    jpehl

Comment

The way both teams are grinding tonight you have to think that taking philly the first game would be wise. jmo

Comment

J-Pal..........I played the Phillies and Twins earlier in the year (I posted it in one of your early season threads, but I couldn't find it) for a piddly $100 bucks each ............Got the Twins at 18-1 (but that's dead), and got the Phillies at 15-1, but I don't see them going all the way...........They would have to win the World Series for me to collect........no biggie if they don't.

I think I'll post a thread tonight with my outlook on the MLB post-season...........I love playoffs in pro sports, it is the best time to indulge..............Woodee and folks remember how I was on the Cardinals last year from the outset of the playoffs, and picked them to destroy the Detoit Tigers in the World Series -- just like they did.............And then of course the easy pickin's on the San Antonio Spurs at much lower odds in the NBA playoffs.

Baseball and basketball playoffs play way more true to form than football because you've got a whole series to play instead of the lose-one-game-and-go-home situation..........One bad game in football and you're done, one bad day in baskets or bases, and there's still tomorrow...........Let's see what happens.
        ;)

Comment

Yeah i remember your call you made on the cards last year.... I have to admit that i thought you were a bit crazy.... Really like the cubs to go the distance....
          Looking forward to reading your insight...
          jpehl

I guess there want be a contest this year for the playoffs?

Comment

Trevor Hoffman has got to be the most over-rated closer in history. The only reason he's got so many saves is because
            1) He is nearly ALWAYS saved for the 9th inning
            2) Has had a TON of 3 run leads to work with.

He has had his share of 1-2-3 9ths but more often than not he makes it 'interesting'. The problem last night was partly because he sat there too long. Bell, Brocail and Thacther were literally unhittable. My Dad and I both knew exactly what would happen when they trotted 'ol Trevor out there. We've seen it happen all too many times.

Comment

Edit: Thatcher

Comment

Yeah, My two word of Jake Peavey turned into one word of getting Rocked. I watched the whole freaking game and it was great except for the end. Thought I locked up my wager until Hoffmann decided to leave everything right over the plate for a few of the best hitters in baseball. Hard not to jack meatballs that are like batting practice. He was a good closer but when he leaves that change up and weak fastball up, he is screwed.

Played the Cubs -125 in the series vs. AZ. Think they steal one in AZ and then come to wrigley and geta couple there.

Playoff record 0-1 with the Pads loss.

Think the rockies may be drained but I haven;t even looked at a price on Hamels and the Phills yet.

Still juts oneplay for me so far. Will be abck later with an update.

Thanks for joining in guys and lets make some playoff cash!

Comment

Didn't have a penny on the game last night (Padres/Rockies), but it was sad to see such a great, important game end on a blown call...............Only two situations could have made it worse:

1) If it had been the 7th game of the World Series

2) If the game had been played in San Diego

The city probably wouldn't exist today...........at least the umpires certainly wouldn't............JMO.
                  ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Boone Moone
                    Didn't have a penny on the game last night (Padres/Rockies), but it was sad to see such a great, important game end on a blown call.
                    Yep, that was one of the greatest displays of relief pitching I have ever seen.

Comment

Wow, I am a shitty, fast typer. Sorry for the typos guys, I do not talk like that. just in a huryy but it lookes like a dislexic, 5th grader wrote my last post.

Wed afternoon play:

Philly -146 over Colorado...l.Lots of people on philly today but still think the public wins out on this one as Colorado may juts be a bit worn down and also facing the nastiness on Hamels.

Pulled the trigger on the Phills for the series for 1/2 unit at -125 too.

Good luck. Will be an exciting october for baseball and hoping to make some cash along the way.

Again, feel free to post your thougths in this thread anytime.

Comment

I did:
                        Philly -1.5
                        Boston -1.5
                        Chicago +118

But I only did 1/4 unit bets because I'm a degenerate that needs action all night!

Already regretting that Philly play...

Comment

1-2 Playoffs so far. Actaully played the Dback too but didn;t post so I won;t include in my record.

Game 2:

Cubs -129 over Dbacks...Cubs bats heat up tonight against Davis. Lily has been solid and is a vet too. Like the series to be evened up tonight.

Cleveland +110 over Yanks...Have to take a shot with Sabathia at home as a dog.

Comment

2-3 YTD with pending futures on the Phillies and the Cubs to win the series--Great picks!!!

Cubs BLOW...!!!!...!!!!Gald I am a Cardinals fan. Did you see the price on game 3? Cubs -179 at home with Rich freaking Hill on the mound vs. Livian hernandez, a vet playoff pitcher. Gotta take a shot at arizona to finishe them off don't you at more than 1.5/1 odds?

Indians looked good. Probably will go back after them tonight to or just pass. Can Fausto Carmona pitch like he has all year or will the playoffs make him lose it?

Comment

What do you think about betting 2x on Colorado and Arizona tomorrow to try to get some money back? Good strategy or should I seek help with my gambling addiction?

Comment

Working...
                              X