MLB - Wednesday playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB - Wednesday playoffs

I'm going to have a little fun here (on a small scale) and maybe go out on a limb a bit.
    Phil -1.5 (+130) over Col - Francis has not fared well vs Phil....0-1 this year in 2 starts and a 15.12 ERA. The last game he pitched against the Phils (Sep 13) he only lasted 3 innings and got hammered for 8 earned runs on 8 hits with 4 walks and a HR. In the other start he lasted 5 innings and gave up 6 earned runs on 12 hits in a game in which Colorado eventually got the win in extra innings. The entire Colorado team has got to be emotionally spent from that stretch run which culminated in that Monday night extra-inning 'playoff' game vs the Padres, a game in which they used 10 pitchers and 13 position players. That was one of the most intense games I have ever seen. Phillie starts Cole Hamels who has gone 15-5 with a 3.39 ERA. The Rockies have never faced Hamels which should be to the Phils advantage big-time.

Arizona -122 over Chicago - Arizona finished the season with a 50-31 home record. They have also fared very well vs Chicago in the past going 17-8 against them over the last 4 yrs (8-3 @ Arizona). Although the Cubs did beat Webb earlier this year in Chicago. Webb didn't pitch poorly in that game though as he went a full 7 innings giving up only 3 runs (2 earned) on just 5 hits. That put Webb's record at 8-8 on the year. Since then he has gone 10-2 to finish the year at 18-10 with a stellar 3.01 ERA, and put together an impressive 42-innning scoreless streak (Jul 20-Aug 22). Overall, Webb has pitched very well against the Cubs going 4-1 over 7 starts with a 2.53 ERA (2-0 , 1.76 ERA in three home starts).

Boston -165 over Angels - Strictly based on Lackey's past performance vs the Red Sox (1-6 with a 6.27 ERA in 11 starts) and the fact that Boston is playing at home where they have gone 51-30 this year and have done well vs the Angels in the past in winning 13 out of 19 over the last 4 yrs. Lackey has pitched @ Boston twice this year, an 8-4 loss and a 10-1 loss. Beckett has one start vs the Angels this year, a 7-2 win at home.

Comment

Like thatplay on the Runline with Philly. I read a good artcile on laying the 1.5 runs and in the playoffs last 30 games where favs have covered, only 10 were decided by 1 run. Nice value in taking the favs and getting the + number too.

I didn;t have the balls to do it today so just played the phillys -140's.

Good luck!!

Comment

Thanks....good news, although I'll probably jinx the trend
        GL to you also!

Comment

It's a good thing I wasn't a Yankee fan in the late 1920's or else you probably wouldn't have even heard of Babe Ruth. They probably would have lost 110 instead of winning 110.

Comment

Hey Dragon, it's posts like that, that keep me comin' back here.............that's crazy funny man...........Your's and my thinking are right along the same lines dude...........Touche !!
            ;)

Comment

Thanks man

Comment

Well congrats on your winning day. All I got out of it was a few laughs from those Frank TV commercials. Any picks for tomorrow? Can Colorado and Arizona go 2-0?

Comment

Tomorrow looks like pretty even matchups in those 2 series. In the Ari/Chi matchup, Davis and Lilly faced each other earlier in the year in Arizona and both pitched very well with Davis picking up the 3-1 W. In the Phi/Col series, Kendrick faced Colorado in Sept. in Philly and got rocked pretty hard in giving up 4 runs on 7 hits and lasted only 3 innings. Morales faced the Phils in that same series and picked up the win going 5 innings and only giving up 3 hits and no runs. I ain't betting against Colorado again. That Holliday/Helton combo is pretty hot right now and they can kill you. And in that previous game against Kendrick they went a combined 4 for 7 with 6 RBI and 2 runs scored. Holliday had a HR and Helton had 2 doubles.
                  As for the other game, Arizona appears to have the Cubs number. And you know the Cubs aren't going to go too far anyway as they are snakebit anyway (no pun intended).
                  In the Yankee/Cle game, a quick look (if I read it correctly) reveals that the Yanks went 6-0 against the Indians this year outscoring them 49-17 in the process. It looks like none of those games featured either Wang or Sabathia, at least not in a starting role. I didn't look any closer than that. Looking back a couple years it looks like Wang has won a couple and lost one vs Cleveland. Sabathia hasn't faced the Yanks since '04 I guess and I read the write-up on The Sportsnetwork where it said prior to that he was only 1-7 against them with a 7+ ERA. Not sure that helps us now, but I do know that no matter which way I bet on Yankee games, I always lose so don't listen to me for sure.

Comment

2-1 great job Dragon. Keep it up.

Comment

Im going with the yanks tonight.

I took the d-back -1.5 last night and squeaked in a win.

I am going with the cubs tonight. Looking at a parlay also maybe...

good luck all.

Comment

Working...
                      X