• Show
Clear All

• Saturday CFB "Best Bet"

Posted Plays:
    (College 5-6-2...Best Bets 2-3)……
    (NFL 5-2-1 ....Best Bets 3-1)

5 Diamond Best Bet For Saturday October 6, 2007

Wake Forest –7.0 over Duke

Wake Forest has had a slightly tougher schedule than has Duke, but still they have outscored their opponents by 1.2 points per game while Duke is being outscored by 10 points per game. The only two losses Wake has suffered came at the hands of two very good football teams in Boston College and Nebraska and they were the first two games of the season. They will be in huge revenge this week as they were beaten as a 3 touchdown favorite at home last year by Duke 14-13…They are 14-8 against the spread when on the road the last 4 years. They are 4-1 in revenge situations and although it is a rather useless trend, they seem to play well before playing Florida St as they are 4-1 ATS in those games.

Duke has only won 2 football games since 1995 and have been outscored 32.5 to 16.5 points per game in the last 4 years. They are 6-13 in the role of a home dog and 6-15 at home overall the past 4 years. Duke is 1-8 in first of back to back home games and 1-6 when a dog of 11 points or less. Duke has no running game, averaging only 60.2 yards on the ground this year and only 1.92 yards per carry while defensively they are giving up 189.8 yards per game rushing and 4.92 yards per carry. Wake is rushing for 145.0 yards per game, which is slightly skewed because they only rushed for 2 yards in the opener against Boston College, which means they have averaged 192.6 yards on the ground in their last 3 games. Defensively they are only giving up 115.0 and 2.95 yards per carry. Wake holds the defensive edge in passing also, giving up 236 yds per game and 6.44 yards per completion, to Dukes 267.6 and 8.42.

Duke will have to put the ball in the air to come close to winning this game and I don’t see them having any success against the Wake pass defense especially since they really don’t have to worry much about the run.….Laying only a TD against a team that has won only 2 games in three years is a little too good to pass up. We had a similar situation last week with our best bet being a play against Temple more so than a play on Army.

Wake Forest by 18

Additional Plays:
    N. Illinois -3.5
    Nevada -3.0
    East Carolina +3.5

Like Duke. Think they could win the game.

Comment

I wouldn't gloat too much. Wake had a 25 pt lead at one time. Duke got the back door cover with a minute left. If you took Duke you were probably shitting bricks.

Comment

BTW, if you want to rag on somebodies CFB picks you ought to rag on mine

Comment

The problem with BW lately is that we have attracted "new blood" on here who are intent on trying to beat fellow handicappers, instead of trying to beat the bookies.
          ;)

Comment

New Blood here - let us all try to be possitive in these trying days - be kind to your fellow cappers - let us help each other --

I liked Tex A+M alot going in - got the free post of the Sweep (Texas A+M a 4*pic) and pushed harder - and it smacked me in the kisser - messed up my day - but I will thank Anonimal for the free post and hope we can get it again and go on to better days.

Good luck to all today -- (go PITT and Balt)

Bernie

Comment

Yeah, I was on A & M myself -- thought we might have a chance there for a minute but we fell too far behind early...........Hey, at least they covered the tease (LOL) !
              ;)

Comment

Working...
              X