Bye Weeks- College and Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye Weeks- College and Pro

I would like to hear your opinions on the effect bye weeks have on teams. I believe it is more of a plus for the college teams. Unless last week was a fluke, teams coming off a bye week or extra rest were 11-3 against the spread with 10 of those wins and covers coming pretty easily. Of the 3 that lost, 1 was by on 1 point and the other which I hopped on strong (Maryland) was in the last seconds of the game. 10 of the 11 won outright, including upsets like Pittsburgh, NC St, and UCLA. Clemson and Florida rolled. I heard some obscene stat about Florida coming off a bye week. I can't remember the actual stat.
    I am not sure of the pro teams effect. You had Buffalo, Denver and Detroit playing well, while San Fran and Pittsburgh went down.
    This is always something I've taken into consideration, but after last weeks numbers, I am interested in your thoughts.

Just a little info to add since 2005 ( found this some where) teams coming off a bye...
    Washington Redskins 8-3
    Arizona Cardinals 7-3
    Denver Broncos 7-3-1
    Houston Texans 2-1-1
    Dallas Cowboys 7-4
    New York Jets 7-4
    New Orleans Saints 7-4
    Philadelphia Eagles 7-4
    Kansas City Chiefs 5-3
    Baltimore Ravens 6-4
    Buffalo Bills 5-4-1
    Minnesota Vikings 6-5
    Oakland Raiders 6-5
    Tennessee Titans 6-5
    Carolina Panthers 5-5-1
    Jacksonville Jaguars 5-5
    Pittsburgh Steelers 5-5
    San Diego Chargers 4-4
    St Louis Rams 5-5
    Chicago Bears 5-6
    Cleveland Browns 2-3
    Indianapolis Colts 4-6-1
    Seattle Seahawks 4-6
    San Francisco 49ers 4-6-1
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4-6
    Detroit Lions 3-5-1
    New England Patriots 4-7
    Atlanta Falcons 3-6-1
    Miami Dolphins 3-6-2
    Green Bay Packers 3-7
    New York Giants 3-8
    Cincinnati Bengals 2-7

Comment

Jpehl, Do you mean 1995? I don't know how they could have played 11 games after a bye in 2 years. If those numbers are correct, it is a little bit like I suspected. In the NFL, it is a little more dependent on the coaching style of the head coach and how he uses the bye week. If I get time I want to try and look back through the colleges. There are 11 teams coming off a bye this week. I was beginning to think I asked a taboo question or something with no responses. I thought our goal here was to help each other beat the "books".

Comment

I believe that was the last two years after the bye.... hmmmm Im not quite sure....
        but heres a little bit more info.... again this is not my research....
        "In 2006 - Teams went 18-14 ATS off the bye including 12-5 ATS at home. That's 37-27 ATS over a two-year span with home teams producing a very worthwhile 23-8-1 ATS mark"

Comment

the above records for the teams is for 2005 2006, the record is all games after there bye.... Maybe that will make more sense....jpehl Cant help you in college.... I think Ive won one game all year....
          jpehl

Comment

Does anyone know where to find a site that list all College teams coming off a bye this week?

Comment

Working...
            X