MLB Plays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Plays

I'm going to try my hand. I've been doing pretty well but I'm sure once I start posting it will be the kiss of death. Been hitting way too many parlays lately.

Phils -135 Atlanta has been bad on road
    Flor/Cincy Un 9 -115 Good pitching matchup
    KC -123 Grienke pitching against cold Tigers
    Hou +115 Hot Houston team
    Cubs -164 The Padres suck big-time

Parlay

Cubs
    Fla/Cin UN 9
    KC

Comment

Recap:
      Phils -135 - W
      Flor/Cincy - W
      KC -123 - W
      Hou +115 - L
      Cubs -164 - L

Parlay - Lost
      Cubs - L
      Fla/Cin UN 9 - W
      KC - W

If you would have asked me which one was the surest bet I would have picked the Cubs. They actually killed a cross-sport 4 team parlay for me too (Hornets, Phillies, Fla/Cin UN, Cubs). I had a very profitable night but if those stinking Cubs had won it would have been awesome. The Padres have been horrid lately too. Oh well.

Comment

MLB for Wednesday, 5/14 (Tuesday night lines)

Florida +120 @ Cincinatti - Yesterday we had a great pitching match-up. Today is the antithesis. Neither pitcher has done that well, but how Arroyo can be a -140 favorite against a hot Marlin team is beyond me.
        Houston -120 @ Giants- Pretty good price for the hottest team in baseball this month. Hopefully they can get back on track vs Pat Misch who has given up 5 homers in 16 innings.
        Athletics +140 @ Cleveland - Sabathia has faced the A's twice this year already and has given up 13 runs on 18 hits in only 8.2 innings and now he's a -160 favorite? Strangely enough, both games were vs Blanton who gets the start here. Blanton has fared a little better lasting 13.4 innings and giving up 7 runs on 15 hits. Worth a shot at +140 anyway.
        Tampa Bay -140 vs Yankees - Tampa pitcher James Shields has been awesome at home this year. In 4 starts he has only given up 4 runs on 16 hits and has lasted 31 innings. His last two home starts have been complete game 1 and 2 hit shutouts vs Boston and Anaheim. I also like the UN 8.5 runs here at -120 with Mussina going for the Yanks.
        Kansas City +115 vs Detroit - Last place Detroit goes with Justin Verlander with his 1-6 record and 6.43 ERA and who has only given up less than 4 runs once in 8 starts.

Parlay - (pays 4.5 - 1)
        Arizona -160 (Owings 4-1 4.33 vs De La Rosa 1-1 10.24)
        TB/NYY UN 8.5 (Mussina 5-3 4.36 vs Shields 4-2 3.14)
        Houston -120 (Moehler 1-0 4.26 vs Misch 0-0 5.63)

NOTE: The odds tend to be inflated on the night before. If you wait until game day you get much better odds on the favorites but worse odds on the dogs, generally.

Comment

Adding:
          Cubs/Pads UN 8 -125 (Lilly vs Peavey)
          Milwaukee -102 vs Dodgers (Parra vs Lowe)

Comment

What a wild night in both baseball and basketball. Two 1 pt losses in the NBA and 4 close losses in baseball. Milwaukee gives up 3 in the top of the 9th, Florida rallies and then loses in extra innings, TB loses 2-1 and Oakland loses 2-0.
            But I did hit the 3-team parlay!

Recap:
            Florida +120 @ Cincinatti - L
            Houston -120 @ Giants- W
            Athletics +140 @ Cleveland - L
            Tampa Bay -140 vs Yankees - L
            TB/NYY UN 8.5 - W
            Kansas City +115 vs Detroit - W
            Cubs/Pads UN 8 - L
            Milwaukee -102 vs Dodgers - L

Parlay - (pays 4.5 - 1)
            Arizona -160 - W
            TB/NYY UN 8.5 - W
            Houston -120 - W

Comment

Thurs 5/15
              A small parlay for a few bucks.

4 team parlay - pays a little over 8-1. All home team favorites.
              Mets
              Cards
              Cubs
              Ari/Col UN 8 (Webb 8-0 2.41 vs Cook 6-1 2.26)

Comment

More for Thurs 5/15:
                Brewers -126 vs Dodgers (Sheets 4-0 2.53 vs Billingsley 2-5 4.89)
                Giants/Astros UN 8 -110 (Sampson 2-3 6.27 vs Linecum 5-1 1.61)
                Florida -105 (Miller 3-2 6.52 vs Belisle 1-3 7.45)
                Tigers -119 (Rogers 3-3 5.82 vs Meche 2-5 6.31)
                Angels +107 (Garland 4-3 4.30 vs Vasquez 4-3 3.63)
                Arizona vs Colorado UN 8 -120 (Webb 8-0 2.41 vs Cook 6-1 2.26)

Comment

Brutal day in baseball. Thank God for basketball

Comment

A little parlay fun. Pays 4-1.

Philadelphia -131 (Moyer vs Purcey)
                    Arizona -140 (Haren vs Bonderman)
                    Atlanta -147 (Jurrjens vs Eveland)

This will be the Blue Jays 8th road game in a row and 6th game in 5 days. They have had to bring up a pitcher from Triple A to start. This will be the Phillies 4th game of their current home stand. They lead MLB with 59 homers, compared to 23 for Toronto. Vernon Wells is out for the Jays.
                    The Tigers are reeling and now they've got to go bake in the desert against the hot Diamondbacks who are 17-7 at home this year.
                    Atlanta gets to return home where they are 14-4. They are facing the A's who are only 1-5 on their current road trip.

Other worthy parlay choices are:
                    Baltimore -129 vs Washington (Orioles are 12-6 at home this year with Garrett Olson on the mound tonite at 2-0 2.95 . Washington is only 8-13 on the road)
                    Houston -110 at Texas (Houston hottest team in MLB currently and back home....sort of.)
                    Florida -141 vs Kansas City (1st place Marlins back home after 3-3 road trip. Dropped last 3 in Cincy and need to get back on track)
                    Seattle -105 vs San Diego (Seattle no great guns but Padres only 7-17 on road)

Mix and match them and make your own...it's fun!

Comment

Well the 3 team parlay won anyway!

Comment

Todays parlay, Sat. 5/17 - pays 5.4-1

St. Louis -116 (Garza 2-1 3.86 vs Wainright 3-2 2.95)
                        Philadelphia +102 (Burnett 3-4 4.94 vs Eaton 0-1 5.40)
                        Atlanta -143 (Harden 1-0 3.68 vs Hudson 6-2 2.54)

Comment

Write-up:

St. Louis vs Tampa Bay - Adam Wainwright has pitched even better than his 2.95 ERA at home where he is 3-0 and has only given up 8 runs on 25 hits in 34 innings. Cards are 15-10 at home this year.
                          Phil vs Toronto - Not too crazy about Adam Eaton but Phillies have the hot offense and are at home. Toronto still missing Vernon Wells.
                          Atlanta vs Oakland - Oakland on the skids on this road trip and Atlanta tough at home with a 15-4 record. Hudson to face his former team for the 1st time and should be pumped.

Comment

Parlay #2 - pays 5.4-1

Cincinnati -101 vs Cleveland - Harang has pitched better than his record. Carmona has issued 35 walks in 48 innings. Hopefully he'll keep it up today.
                            Florida -122 vs Kansas City - Royals can't win 6 in a row, can they?
                            Arizona -130 vs Detroit - Should be close to 100 degrees in the desert today.

Comment

Close but no cigar on the 2nd one. Actually, I did play one at the last minute too late to post at 1 min before game time. I decided to take a shot with the Pirates at +215 and put them with the Marlins -120 and Dodgers +155...nice little 13.5-1 payoff, and then lost a late one with the Giants, Boston run line and SD/Sea OV 8. Still the 13.5-1 more than makes up for it.
                              Sunday parlay - pays 4.8-1
                              Kansas City -120 @ Florida - Jumping off of the Marlins temporarily and going with my man Zack Greinke at 4-1 1.93. All 8 of his starts have been quality starts and he's only given up 12 earned runs in 56 innings with a great 38-14 strikeout to walk ratio. He'll be facing Burke Badenhop....that's German for 'bad hop' (That's almost as bad as Grant Balfour ) . Badenhop is at 1-2 5.97 and has given up 21 runs in only 31 innings.
                              Arizona -140 vs Detroit - Staying with the Diamondbacks at home in the desert against the Tigers. Randy Johnson, 3-1 5.40, isn't what he used to be but he should be able to hang with Nate Robertson who is at 1-4 6.04.
                              Cincinnati/Cleveland UN 7.5 -115 - Wow, what a pitching match-up. Cliff Lee goes for the Indians with his lofty 6-0 record and 0.67 ERA. Yes, that's an 0.67 ERA! In 7 starts and 53 innings he has only given up 4 earned runs! In 5 of his 8 starts he hasn't given up a single run and he's gone an average of 7.8 innings in those 5 games! For the Reds we've got Edinson Volquez at 6-1 1.12 who's only given up 6 runs in 48 innings and who hasn't given up more than 1 run in all 8 starts.

Comment

Working...
                              X