Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB - thoughts and plays

Sunday June 8

Florida +117 vs Cincy - Rookie Tucker vs hard-luck Harang.
    Giants - Even @ Washington - Washington in a funk. I'll go with Zito again.
    Brewers +112 @ Rockies - I'll take Suppan over Francis with the thought that the Brewers won't get swept.
    Angels +130 @ Oakland - Santana vs Harden...I'll stick with hot Angels.

RECAP
    Sunday June 8

Florida +117 vs Cincy - WON Marlins win big 9-2
    Giants - Even @ Washington - WON Giants come from 3 down to win 6-3
    Brewers +112 @ Rockies - WON Brewers win a squeaker 3-2
    Angels +130 @ Oakland - LOST Angels lose in extra innings

Comment

MLB - Monday June 9

Short schedule today

Cleveland -105 @ Detroit - (Lee vs Willis) Wild man Dontrelle Willis has given up 16 walks in just 10 innings. He had 5 in 4 innings last time out....his first start after a stint on the DL. If he goes more than 4 innings I'll be surprised. He goes against Cliff Lee (9-1, 2.45) who has seen his ERA climb lately from a low of 0.28 but who should be worlds better than Willis.

Comment

Like that Clevelnad play too. Until Dontrelle can prove he is in control, i think he is a solid go against! Pluse Lee has been a solid surprise this year!

Good Luck.

I like Minny in the early game.

Comment

Monday - adding

Parlay - pay 4.5 to 1

Cincinnati -127 @ Florida - (Volquez 8-2, 1.32 Hendrickson 7-5, 5.33) - Volquez has been stellar. Hendrickson has got banged around pretty good his last 3 starts.
          Toronto -174 vs Seattle - (Litsch 7-2, 3.45 vs Washburn 2-7, 6.56) - Litsch has been pretty solid. Washburn is 1-4, 6.82 in 6 road starts. Seattle is only 8-22 on the road this year and have not done well at all historically @ Toronto.
          Cleveland -104 @ Detroit - (Lee 9-1, 2.45 vs Detroit Willis 0-0, 4.50) - Lee is 6-1 in his 7 road starts. Willis will walk 4 or 5 so a timely hit or 2 can do him in.

Leans -
          San Francisco -123 @ Washington - (Cain 2-4, 4.67 vs Clippard NR) - Washington can't score enough runs to win a game. They have scored 3 runs or less (all losses) in 13 of their past 18 games. San Francisco will go for the sweep having won the 1st 3 games of this series by a combined total of 22-4. The Nationals will go with recent call-up Tyler Clippard who was 4-4 with a 3.41 ERA at Triple-A Columbus.

Comment

Of course the biggest favorite against the suckiest team has to be the one to fuck things up. Toronto had chance after chance with the heart of their order up and men in scoring position and couldn't even get a fucking sacrifice fly. One of their top relievers then walks a .194 hitter to load the bases and a squeeze bunt scores the go ahead run. I don't suppose that kind of strategy ever occurred to Toronto. And then, as if they hadn't left enough runners on base, Toronto gets the bases loaded in the bottom of the 10th with no outs and can't score. Un-freakin'-believable.
            Synopsis:
            Bottom 3rd
            Runners on 1st and 2nd, 1 out....heart of the order. Stairs strikes out, Rolen pops up.
            Bottom 4th
            Bases loaded, 2 outs...Eckstein pops up
            Bottom 5th
            Runners on 1st and 2nd, 1 out...Wells and Barajas both pop up.
            Bottom 7th
            Runners on 2nd and 3rd, 1 out...Rolen strikes out, Wells infield single to score a run, Barajas grounds out
            Bottom 9th...Eckstein singles to lead off....gets picked off. They get a runner to 3rd with 2 outs....Rolen grounds out.
            Bottom of 10th....they get the freakin' bases loaded with no outs.......Overbay hits into a double play home to first. A walk loads the bases again. Eckstein flies out.

Comment

Recap

Cleveland -105 @ Detroit WON

Parlay

Cleveland W
              Cincinnati W
              Toronto L

Lean
              San Francisco WON

Comment

Tuesday - June 10

Florida -Even vs Philly - (Nolasco 5-4, 5.05 vs Myers 3-7, 5.13) Myers hasn't won on the road in 13 starts. Nolasco is 4-1 with a no decision in his last 6 starts.
                Baltimore +180 @ Boston - (Cabrera 5-2, 3.98 vs Lester 6-4, 4.07) Cabrera has pitched well vs Boston in 2 previous starts this year.
                Minnesota +150 @ Cleveland - (Baker 2-0, 4.03 vs Sabathia 3-8, 4.81) Baker had a quality start vs Cleveland a few weeks ago (7 innings, 5 hits, 1 run, 8 SO's)
                Chicago -120 @ Detroit - (Contreras 6-3, 2.76 vs Robertson 3-6, 6.03) Chicago is the hot team with the better pitcher going.
                Oakland +110 vs NY Yankees - (Eveland 4-4, 3.82 vs Wang 6-2, 4.57) After a 6-0 start, Wang is 0-2 with 4 no decisions his last 6 starts and his ERA has climbed a point and a half.

Comment

Adding:

Texas +104 @ Kansas City - (Millwood 4-3, 4.65 vs Meche 3-8, 5.54) More a play against Meche than anything.
                  Tampa Bay +104 @ LA Angels - (Shields 4-4, 3.64 vs Weaver 5-6, 4.79) Angels have run off quite a few wins lately against weaker opponents. Tampa Bay more than capable vs Weaver. Shields tossed a 1 hit, complete game shutout against Angels a month ago.

Comment

Florida -Even vs Philly - WON - Marlins hang on to win 5-4.
                    Baltimore +180 @ Boston - WON - Baltimore loses the lead but comes back to win big 10-6.
                    Minnesota +150 @ Cleveland - LOST - The Twins can't score a single run and lose 1-0.
                    Chicago -120 @ Detroit - LOST - Chicago jumps out early but can't hang on and loses 6-4.
                    Oakland +110 vs NY Yankees - LOST A's lose 3-1
                    Texas +104 @ Kansas City - WON - Texas comes from behind to nip the Royals 6-5.
                    Tampa Bay +104 @ LA Angels- LOST - Angels rip Tampa 6-1

Well, just about broke even on those I'm afraid. The lines were a tad more favorable on some today as those were the overnight lines. But according to those lines, even if you're a buck player, it only comes out to a $16 loss
                    If the damn Lakers had played half a semblance of a game it would have been a good day.

Comment

Wed. June 11

Tampa Bay +102 @ Anaheim (Kazmir 6-1, 1.40 vs Lackey 2-1, 1.70) Great pitching matchup. Kazmir has only given up more than 1 run twice in 7 starts (2 and 3 in the others) and Lackey has only given up more than 1 run once in 5 starts (3 in the other).
                      T.B./Ana UN 7 -105

Comment

Wed June 11
                        adding -

Baltimore +141 @ Boston (Olson 5-1, 3.86 vs Colon 3-1, 3.91) Olson 2-0, 1.96 last three starts. Went 5 vs Boston a couple weeks ago giving up 2 runs on only 3 hits (2 dingers though...1 to Ortiz who is still out). Colon with only 4 starts still basically unproven.
                        Yankees +105 @ Oakland - (Rasner 3-3, 2.58 vs Duchscherer 5-4, 2.32) Pretty equal pitching matchup but Yanks have the way better offense.
                        Chicago -105 @ Detroit - (Vasquez 6-4, 3.64 vs Verlander 2-9, 5.05) Going to go with the White Sox one more time, vs 2-9 Verlander this time. Chicago an outstanding 21-9 vs division foes this year.
                        Washington +128 @ Pittsburgh - (Lannan 4-6, 3.47 vs Snell 2-6, 5.65) Washington's best chance at a win in this series. Snell 0-6 last 10 starts. Lannan has pitched well for a lousy team
                        Cubs RL -1.5 +115 vs Atlanta - (Dempster 7-2, 2.90 vs Bennett 0-3, 3.47) Best home record vs worst road record. Cubs pounded the Braves last night. Bennett has worked out of the bullpen mostly but has started 3 games. I think he's only gone more than 4 innings once this year though. Chipper Jones not at 100% and may only be available for pinch-hitting duty. Dempster unbeaten at home at 7-0 in 8 starts.

Comment

I was way overdue for one like that

Comment

Saturday - June 14

Phillies -107 @ St. Louis - (Eaton vs Lohse) The Cards just not the same offensively without Pujols in the lineup. Eaton has been improving. Phils bats rule.
                            Mets/Rangers OV 9.5 - (Martinez vs Gabbard) - Gabbard has been getting rocked and is having control problems. He's given up 14 earned runs on 18 hits and with 15 BB his last 3 starts totaling just 12 innings. Overall he's got 29 BB to only 20 K's and has only lasted 41 innings total over 9 starts. Martinez has given up 11 runs in his 3 starts in only 14 innings.

Comment

Wednesday - June 18

I didn't want to clog up woodie's thread so I'll post here. 2-2 yesterday for +$55.

LA Angels RL -1.5 +150 vs Mets - (Garland 6-4, 4.13 vs Perez 5-4, 4.98) - I'll jump on the Angels RL bandwagon vs Mets. Garland had not lost a start in 7 tries prior to last outing so I'll look for him to get back on track vs an embattled Mets club still missing some key components in Church and Alou and now a hobbled Jose Reyes who has been their spark plug on the bases. Oliver Perez has been wildly inconsistent since his days with the Padres and I can't see him having 3 good outings in a row.
                              NY Yankees RL -1.5 +160 vs San Diego - (Rasner 3-4, 3.64 vs Peavy 5-3, 2.64) - Yankees are heating up having won 5 in a row and 10 of last 13. Padres not a good road team and not a good inter-league play. They've dropped 3 of 4 on the current road trip getting shelled in Cleveland for the most part except for the one 10-inning game where they got deep into the Indians bullpen. Yanks beat them 8-0 yesterday. Pads battling a few injuries.
                              Cincinnati -116 vs LA Dodgers - (Arroyo 4-5, 5.31 vs Lowe 4-6, 4.03) - Dodgers only 14-23 away this year. Lowe is 0-4, 4.96 away in 8 road starts. Dodgers are 2-5 on current road trip and only 3-11 last 14 on road. Cincinnati hasn't been tearing it up either but should have a good shot at a win here.

Comment

Working...
                              X