US Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Open

Thought I would start a thread and see what you guys are thinking.

I see Tiger is at +275 to win it at one book. And Phil is +700.

Hard to say what Tiger and his injury will do.

Any longshots you guys like?

Probably another damn fureigner will win Hey! I just noticed it's at Torrey Pines! That's my old stompin' grounds. Back in the early-mid 80's you could play there for $7 with a resident card. We used to get up at 4AM and go down and put our clubs in line and go sleep in the car till the starter got there. You could get out before the tee times started. Sometimes we'd do it Saturday and Sunday.
    Woods plays well there. He's won 5 of the last 6 years at the Buick Invitational. Mickelson has played well there too.

Comment

Tiger is having on ill effects from his surgery
      and by all reports is striking the ball well

Tiger owns Torrey Pines and I think
      his dominance continues

Carpet

Comment

Hi Carpet--Good to hear from you!

See, I agree, but as a bettor you always try to find better 'value'. But my personal opinion is that Phil chokes as always and Tiger does his tiger thing.

I see a bit of value with him b/c of that injury. I grabbed some Tiger at +225.

Its kind of like the Derby-trying to find better value that would beat Big Brown before Big Brown was a public figure. You overlook the obvious at times to find some value, but the better player/horse always wins.

I will take my chance with Tiger and see what happens.

Phil has dropped a ton...When Bettorsworld posted their early opinion, Phil was at 8-1 I believe, now he is barely 5-1.

Comment

Not that this is any ground breaking original thought.....but is this guy the most dominant figure in any sport ever or what? Maybe Jordan.....I guess there may be some comparisons, but cheesh.

What happened to Mickelson?

It kind of takes the fun away from being a fan though. Most of the time you're tinung in to see who comes in 2nd.

Comment

I hope you stayed with the Tiger on this one
            Woodee, put a little back into the pocket

Carpet

Comment

Congrats woodee!

Comment

Yeah, I put a small amount on Tiger but was getting nervous when he blew the lead on Monday.

But if I could have cash on anything in sports betting when it is on the line, Tiger is the one.

Talk about clutch! Along with what Jeff said, in those situations, he is about as close of a lock as there is in sports betting. I almost hedged a bit with Rocco at +280 on the playoff, but decided to stick with Tiger.

Comment

Working...
                X