No announcement yet.

Let Brett come back. Quit the whining.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let Brett come back. Quit the whining.

Why can't a guy change his mind or come back after retiring? Junior Seau, Vinnie Testeverde, and many others. Of course their comebacks didn't make as many waves as Brett's will.

Brett is no broken down Johnny U. or Joe Namath.

I can see both sides of this and the obvious resolution is to trade him to a mutually acceptable team.

Aaron Rodgers is no sure thing. He's hardly played. He will be almost like a rookie. Expect rookie mistakes. With Rodgers, they are only 50/50 to even make the playoffs. But still, I can see why they want to move on. The Pack in a no-win situation.

If they hold Brett hostage, they will have to pay him $12 million! Brett has them over the barrel in this regard.

Just trade him to Carolina, Tampa Bay, Jets, Miami or Baltimore. He will probably accept less from a new team.

I agree with you 'Strides...........I think he just doesn't want to play anymore "cold games" late in the year at Lambeau............I still hold true to the fact that the weather is what did his 38-year-old bones in on that frigid afternoon NFC Championship game with the N.Y. Giants......Did you see his face in the second half?..........It was as purple as a plum..........He's too old for that shit anymore...........He'll probably go to Miami with the rumor mill swirling around a trade for Jason Taylor, where he'll probably have more success with the media fiends than he will on the gridiron........but what the hell, it's good for the game.........Let him play !!!
    ;)

Comment

I have thought there was something fishy(no pun intended towards any trade) about this entire scenario to begin with. Could it be that maybe Brett wanted to be traded, but figured the best way for that to happen was to retire and then return? There is something about this situation that I think no one is being told about. I think this was one of the quickest retirement turnarounds ever, and that raises a flag that something is amiss.

Comment

how ridiculous was it that they were going to pay him to stay away from the game? Bottom line..if you don't want him to play football for you, trade him or release him. If you don't want to trade him or release him because you don't want someone else to have him then obviously he is good enough that he should be starting for you not for someone else. This whole thing is a joke. Regardless of whether Aaron Rodgers will be great or not, the bottom line is do you want Favre on your team? Why pay a guy to sit home? Not to mention that it would have counted against the cap because he was still under contract. As a life long packer fan all I can say is I hope Brett has a great year, wherever he plays. I love watching him play more than anything whether he is a packer or not. As for Ted Thompson, I hope he gets fired. As for Aaron Rodgers..tough luck..Brohm might be better than you anyway. If McCarthy doesn't pick Favre to start(which again would be ridiculous) then I hope he also gets fired. You can't blackball a legend out of the game unless that legend did something slightly dishonest ( a la barry bonds).

Comment

Brad, I totally agree with you.

Men in all walks of life retire and change their minds all the time. What's the big deal?

Packers blew it all along. Play me or release me. That's all he asked. He wants to play football. He wouldn't take $20 million to stay retired. I admire him for just wanting to play. Sure there is some ego involved, but there is also a genuine enthusiasm and zest to play the game.

If you've moved on, release him or trade him. Don't be cowardly and worry that he is going to come back and beat you. This is the NFL.

When it was suggested that Brady's ankle might keep him out of the Super Bowl, the Giants didn't want to hear that. They wanted to beat the Pats with Brady. That's the spirit. The Packers Management are gutless wimps. It's called competition. Play him if you are afraid to play against him.

Comment

Working...
          X