Sunday NFLX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday NFLX

I posted this elsewhere on Friday and I don't think 6 is available anymore.

I would still take it at 4.5

5* INDIANAPOLIS +6, +100 over Washington

This line is pretty bad. The oddsmakers are accounting for the fact that new coaches "want to win" and the fact that Dungy has been terrible the last 3 years in the pre-season with no Peyton Manning.

First off, the Colts have no Manning but have a wide open race for the 2nd and 3rd QB spots with Jim Sorgi, Quinn Gray and Jared Lorenzen, all who have significant NFL pre-season experience. The Washington QB rotation consists of Jason Campbell, Todd Collins and Colt Brennan. Colt Brennan will be getting his first does ever of NFL Pre-season speed here. The new coaches want to win theory is semi-true, HOWEVER, it is more true for new coaches taking over moribound teams who have missed the playoffs the last few years. They have to work on winning a fan base back in the pre-season. The Redskins were a veteran playoff team last year and now you have a new coach coming in and installing a brand new system with veteran players who have already won with the old system. Will they be picking up this new system for the first game in just 8 days of training camp. I doubt it. Reports out of Washington camp was that Todd Collins is having trouble picking up the system early on because he played in the same exact system under Al Saunders the past 8 years. The dog in any game involving a VIRGIN NFL head coach is 27-13-1 ATS in the last 41 tries simply because of this reason. Virgin head coaches that are dogs are usually taking over bad teams and do their best to instill customer confidence from the get go. Virgin head coaches that are favs are usually taking over better veteran teams and have trouble installing a new system for the team right away. Colts have the better QB rotation, the same system and a little history on the side. I am jumping out with a top rated play on this one.
    http://www.ashnetwork.com
Working...
X