MNF Cleveland at Buffalo in the snow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MNF Cleveland at Buffalo in the snow?

Any homers out there? Weather services saying anywhere from 70-100% chance of snow for Orchard Park.
    http://www.findlocalweather.com/fore...hard+park.html
    Tonight...Some snow showers likely but more persistent lake effect snow over southern areas. Accumulations ranging from an inch or so north to 3 to 6 inches south. Lows in the upper 20s. West winds 10 to 20 mph... Increasing to 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.

Monday...More lake effect snow. Additional accumulation 2 to 4 inches. Highs in the mid 30s. West winds 10 to 20 mph...Becoming northwest. Chance of snow near 100 percent.

Monday Night...Snow. Additional accumulation 1 to 2 inches. Lows in the lower 20s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph...Becoming north. Chance of snow 90 percent.

I think this sounds a lot worse than what we saw on Sunday in a couple of the games.

Nobody around here lives in Buffalo!? Well,can't say as I blame you, I guess.

I should have played the 6 pt teaser last night when it was 41.5. Now it's down to 40. Probably be 37 by game time. Still, Cleve +11 and UN 46 might not be a bad way to go. We might see a lot of Marshawn Lynch and Jamal Lewis, although Roethlisberger did OK yesterday in a light snow.

Comment

i have cleveland +12.5 to finish off my SD teaser. so may just stick to that.

One thing to look at is maybe the first half UNDER 22.5. You never knwo when the weather may change during a game or when the teams may adjust.

Winds are a better under predictor in my opnion and the snow is an added bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12
        i have cleveland +12.5 to finish off my SD teaser. so may just stick to that.

One thing to look at is maybe the first half UNDER 22.5. You never knwo when the weather may change during a game or when the teams may adjust.

Winds are a better under predictor in my opnion and the snow is an added bonus.
        Yes, and this is going to be the coldest game so far this year. And I mean.....cccccccold

Comment

I looked at weather.com and it said a few snow showers. Artifical turf, there should be no issue. I also looked at another site of posted paid plays and everyone is calling UNDER. They are bring up the 8-0 game last year. If memory serves me right, there was a half of foot of snow and strong winds.

I will gladly wait until game time and hope the total drops under 40 as I will go contrarian and play the OVER.

BTW, I have never seen the tables so dead out here in Vegas today.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman
            I looked at weather.com and it said a few snow showers. Artifical turf, there should be no issue. I also looked at another site of posted paid plays and everyone is calling UNDER. They are bring up the 8-0 game last year. If memory serves me right, there was a half of foot of snow and strong winds.

I will gladly wait until game time and hope the total drops under 40 as I will go contrarian and play the OVER.

BTW, I have never seen the tables so dead out here in Vegas today.
            Everyone out there must have been on the Steelers yesterday.

Comment

BTW, I don't necessarily trust those weather sites. I look at what they say about my weather sometimes and more often than not they are way off. We had a few days of 40-50 mph gusts with sustained winds of at least 20 mph and weather underground showed winds of 3-4 mph.

Comment

A few meaningless tidbits of info to thoroughly confuse you, and possibly cost you money.

Dating back to the beginning of the 2004 season, Cleveland is 1-7 ATS their last 7 games as a road dog of between 4 and 6 pts.
                Cleveland is 4-9 both ATS and SU their last 13 games after a SU loss as a favorite.
                Cleveland is 17-7 ATS in their last 24 games overall.
                Buffalo is 11-4-1 their last 16 roles as home favorite.
                Buffalo is 12-5 ATS their last 17 home games.
                The under is 11-4 in Cleveland's last 15 games overall.

Buffalo is seeking revenge for an 8-0 loss last year in extremely bad weather. Some Bill quotes,
                “We’re aware of what happened last year,” said Keith Ellison. “We were fighting for a playoff spot and they ended up beating us. And this year we’re in the thick of the playoff race and trying to push toward the playoffs and especially now because we’re in a little bit of a slump. But it’s going to be a huge game and we’re going to have to go out there and really challenge them.”

“We need to get these guys from last year,” said Edwards. “We owe them and they took our chance of going to a playoff game last year and we still have that taste in our mouth. Give a lot of credit to the way they played last year. We didn’t play our best game and hopefully that will be a little bit different this year.”

“I know I definitely thought about that this week,” said Duke Preston of last year’s loss. “We were out there with a chance to keep our playoff hopes alive and that pretty much ended for us. Right now we kind of owe them one and Monday night would be a perfect time to get that done.”

It will be colder than shit, but the field should be free of snow. The wind may be around 10mph and gusting.
                Bills have been slumping and Cleveland has been blowing games they could have won. The Browns are 1-3 their last 4 games but could have won all of them. In fact, they had a chance to win the last 6 in a row, but they are just 3-3. Late game collapses in defense and questionable coaching. Cleveland would likely have to win out, or at least go 6-1 in their remaining games to make the playoffs. I think they know they are out of it. This will be a tough spot for Brady Quinn's first road start.
                I like the Bills here.

Comment

Well, I'm glad they lost...they deserved it. When this game is basically your whole season, I don't know how you play that conservatively.....and poorly I might add.

Comment

I guess it is better to see than to believe the weather sites. I actually sawthe Pitts snow and wind on TV and that triggered my under in the first half on sunday.

MNF weather was pretty much fine.

Comment

Yeah, I tuned into the game about 5 minutes before kick-off and it looked fine so I did end up taking the over. Just had the wrong side. I didn't give enough credit to Brady Quinn and the Cleveland 'D'. But actually, it was really Buffalo that screwed it all up. They had great field position all night.

Comment

Working...
                      X