NFL Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Update

I was thinking it would be a bit beneficial if everyone gave us their opinion on their team. Ill be back on Friday to give my thoughts on the Cowboys. After the last couple of weeks it seems as if we can all benefit from this.
    Jpehl

Arizona Cardinals (+3) vs NY Giants

My system has NYG -1.5...so only a 1.5 difference then Vegas.

I would lean slightly towards the Cardinals.

The Cardinals have exorcised some demons this year. The catch phrase "This is not you daddy's Cardinals".

As a Cardinals fan from ever since they moved to Arizona (~89) we are in uncharted waters. I've tasted the wine one time with the Jake Plummer 98 squeeking the Cards into the playoffs and then beating those beloved Cowboys. However there season ended to the Vikings...who were then upset by the Falcon in the NFC Championship.

2008 Cards is like watching the "Greatest show on Turf...part II the sequel".
    Kurt Warner the leading actor has the best supporting wide receivers bar none!! In the presense of two Hall of Fame Reicevers in the making.

The key for Kurt is pass protection and protecting the ball (fumble/int).

The offense line has improved with pass blocking, but power run is not there specialty. Running game is gimicked with stunts and draw plays. This team has trouble closing games as it continously passes and has trouble winding the clock with a lead.

The defense is fast and furious. hits hard, but can't tackle and very, very subsitable to the big play..50 yards plus.

Coach Whiz has this team going in the right direction and is very strong at home. On the road however, the team is not always focused and make mistakes. Stupid penalties normally shift momentum to the other team (late hits / pass interference).

Special teams is hit or miss in a big way on both sides. They can make a big play and give-up the big play.

The Cardinal NFC West is in the bag and are goaling for a number 1 or 2 seed and it starts with the NY Giants. They have gotten over the hump in many areas and this is a stepping stone for there future. A win could give them a shot at the big dance and a loss will put them on the road towards the East where historically they come-up short. They have 4 of the last 6 at home and 11-5 is the mark.

With my heart i'm predicting a Arizona 23-20 win in overtime.

I will not be betting this game though,

Ding the AZ Cardinals Fan

Comment

I don't think my Chargers are going to beat the Colts this week. Indianapolis appears to be peaking and the Chargers have been struggling. They probably should have lost to Kansas City at home 2 weeks ago in a 1 pt win by virtue of the Chiefs forgoing the tie and going for 2. And now they are supposed to beat the Colts by a FG? After getting physically beat up by the Steelers last week? And with the NFL's worst pass defense against Peyton Manning? I don't think so.
      Tyler Thigpen torches us for 266 yds and 3 TD's, and Big Ben gets over 300 yds with snow falling. Drew Brees gets 339 and 3 TD's. Trent Edwards, for crying out loud, gets 266 and a TD on 25 of 30 passing? That's right....25 of freakin' 30. Trent Edwards.....his first game back, just 2 weeks after getting his brain scrambled in Arizona. For those of you who didn't get to see it, here's a replay............................................ ............ Arizona > < Trent Edwards

Comment

Okay as you know Romo was back last week, although he did not look 100% he still has his swagger. I cant make the argument the redskins were a great team but I can say it was a big win in the division. This week we face a 49ers team that beat up a bad STL team. Dall -10.5 is was Im looking at. Two things to realize. Dallas is playing two games in 5 days and it appears that the Dallas D is on the up. I have mixed feelings about this game but do not see a reason for them not to win. I think 10.5 points is alot in this spot because dallas is forced to game plan for two games. If I was to bet this game I would take SF+10.5 and maybe buy a 1/2 point. I think Thursday will be the day to unload on the boys regardless of the spread. If I had to play this game I would play sf+10.5. If your uncomfortable with this you could also play sf+10.5 with a Cowboy ML. This could possibly be a very good bet.
        Really have no opinon of the score but I am leaning towards the over. A few stats to look at from the past.

The total has gone OVER in 5 of Dallas's last 5 games when playing at home against San Francisco
        The total has gone OVER in 5 of Dallas's last 7 games

Although its been awhile some may forget the great rivalries the Cowboys had with the 49ers in the 90's.
        Just my thoughts and I will not be making a play on this game this week.
        jpehl

Comment

Dragon, the chargers are cursed! Get rid of Norv

Comment

I told ya so. There is a reason the Chargers have lost 4 games in the last 24 seconds of the game. I believe that's what they said tonight. It's called 'too conservative', and you're right....it all boils down to Norm. And we thought Marty was bad. You saw how Malcolm Floyd and Vincent Jackson could go up and get em. We've got Vincent Jackson at 6'5", Malcolm Floyd at 6'5" and Antonio Gates at 6'4". The tallest guy in the Colt secondary is Melvin Bullitt at 6'1". Most of them aren't even 6'. Gates is one of the best TE's in the league and he gets 4 catches for 35 yds and the longest is only 12 yds. Jackson and Floyd get 2 catches each for 110 combined yds. That's an average gain of almost 30 yds a catch when you throw to those guys! Both teams were too conservative if you ask me. With the size advantage, the Chargers should have thrown down field more, and the Colts are facing the NFL's worst pass defense and their longest gain is 29 yds!? All Manning did all night was dink. Neither team deserved to win.

Comment

Working...
            X