Rose Bowl Discussion PSU/USC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rose Bowl Discussion PSU/USC

I just saw the opening line of USC -10 over Penn State.

My early lean is on the dog.

I am not a USC hater either as I have backed them as a good team all year, just in a crappy conference.

Motivation is probably the same on boith sides as they were both one loss away from maybe playing in the big game.

The total is about right at 45.5 but i would shade toward the under.

I think you get a live dog with PSU here that can shut down USC's shaky offense and do enough to score in the D.

Thoughts?

It's hard to gauge USC, because they are so much better than most of their competition lately that they don't always come to play so you can't get a grip as to how good they really are. If you look at the UCLA game last week you say, 'man...that offense really struggles', if not 'downright sucks' sometimes. Seriously, they could have beat UCLA by 40 pts with some serious motivation. They are just too laid back and disinterested sometimes. Sanchez sometimes plays like he's been in bed with the entire song girl squad for a week straight. I'd be awfully tempted by that +10 too, and then probably watch as the Lions get destroyed.

Comment

I'd take being in bed with the song birds over the +10 anyday, but since that won't happen, I am still leaning toward the 10, but going to look at it closer as the weeks go on!

I know the one common opponent that sticks out is Oregon State.

USC lost, PSU killed them. That couls make the case right there for taking the 10.

Comment

both teams are supposed to be "good"

both teams play in ridiculously over-rated conferences

take the points

Comment

I will have plenty to say about this game eventually, but I think it's a little too early to light the flame now.......Stay tuned.
          ;)

Comment

Under!

And maybe PSU +10.

USC's offense struggled against AZ and Cal. Penn State's defense should be able to hold them under 24. And USC's defense should be able to hold Penn State under 20, if not under 14.

Coaching may make the difference here and JoePa often comes up big in Bowl games. Of course, Carrol is no slouch either and USC hasn't gotten UP for a game since Ohio State and we know what happened to that Big Ten team on that day, prior to Pryor.

Comment

Working...
            X