Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HEY JEFF......ANY BOWL GAME CONTEST THIS YEAR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEY JEFF......ANY BOWL GAME CONTEST THIS YEAR?

The College Bowl Game post season kicks off next Saturday, December 20th with no less than 4 games to get it started........Is anybody planning a contest like we did last year (or was it the year before?) or anything at all.........Perhaps it's a little too late to start but what do you think Jeff?
    ;)

Oh well............I tried.
    ;)

Comment

Hey Boone - always use email first. These threads slip by some times.

Sure. If you guys can come up with an agreeable format and someone wants to keep score, let's do it.

We don't have to start on the 20th either. We can always wait until next week.

Let me know. BWorld will put up $300 to split any which way.........

Comment

I can keep score again Jeff, if you would like. I say we put something together real quick and start by Saturday. The lines are already available. Either winner take all or 200.00 for first and 100.00 for second.

Comment

I am available to keep score also, or at least double-check. I like the winner take all or 200/100 split also. Last year we just published the lines prior to the games and picked as we went along. And I think we might have counted 1 pt each for a win and then 2 pts starting with the higher profile games and then 3 pts on the Championship Game, or something like that. That gives people a little chance to make up some ground at the end so it isn't a blowout. How about 1 pt per game, 1/2 pt for ties. Then 2 pts per game on the BCS Bowls, which are the Rose Bowl (Penn St vs USC), Orange Bowl (Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech), Fiesta Bowl (Ohio St vs Texas) and Sugar Bowl (Alabama vs Utah). And 3 pts on the Championship Game. Ties should probably remain 1/2 pt though? Can't see getting a whole pt for a tie. Anybody else?
          The Sheridan lines are available right now on USAToday website. To make it easy we can just publish those now for everyone to use and then have separate threads for picks for each day of games.

Comment

we could just add or subtract a half point on some of the lines making everything a .5 like we do in the nfl contest. That way there would be no ties to worry about.

Comment

Yeah, we could also do that, but it sure screws up the value on some of the plays.

Comment

I am up for either the extra points for the later game format and for 200/100.

I am willing to help out too...Maybe put a chunk of lines up at a time and a few people pitch in to make sure they are up enough in advance but not too far if something would happen with the lines i.e. FSU last year.

Most points wins, so people can start as late as they want really and miss a game if they can't make it in.

Comment

It doesn't bother me to keep track of ties. I don't think we should put a bunch all at once. Just put a new thread each day for the games coming up. After the 4 games on Saturday there is just 1 game on Sunday, none on Monday and 1 on Tues, Wed and Fri. Maybe, start a thread tomorrow for Saturday's games and then a thread for the other 3. Dragon or Woodee if you know how to start the threads, put them both up tonight, so that people can get in. We can figure the prize money later, whatever Jeff decides. Also, last year cutoff time was before the first game for that day started, that way everyone is not posting all day long. And yes, the scoring system was 1pt for the early games and switched to 2 pts for the games from Jan.1 on up until the championship game which was 3 pts. If you guys do start a thread please make the cutoff time clear in the rules.

Comment

Have a thread for each game and you have to post in that thread.

Comment

Sounds good. I'd say do thread for each 'days' games, so if there is 3 games like on friday, they will in all one thread.

A few of us can all help out with this, whoever is in the forum first that day can start the thread.

Does anyone know where the best place to cut and paste lines is from, that has up to date lines too?

Comment

I think the Sheridan odds at USAToday are updated daily.

Comment

Working...
                        X