BOWL OBSERVATION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOWL OBSERVATION

WHILE ENJOYING THE "ARENA" TYPE GAME BETWEEN OREGON AND OK ST IT IS PAINFULLY OBVIOUS THAT THE ART OF TACKLING DOESN'T HOLD A VERY HIGH PRIORITY AT EITHER ONE OF THESE PROGRAMS.

GATORS LOOKING BETTER AND BETTER........

Oregon made some HUGE hits in the 2nd half though. Actually, I thought Jeremiah Johnson went down pretty easy. All you've got to do is blow on him, and half the time he just stops if there's anyone in front of him. But Blount is a monster. You try tackling a 6'2", 240 lb'er who averages 7.1 yds per carry and can hurdle like that. In 7 games this year, counting tonight, he had at least one run over 35 yds. There were some extremely talented offensive players out there too, including Zac Robinson, Jeremiah Masoli, Dez Bryant. None of them are easy to tackle once they get going. You were watching the 7th and 8th ranked offenses in the nation. Give them a little credit.

Comment

With all those blown assignments and missed arm tackles that I saw, I am giving as little as possible.

Totally inexcusable (twice) on third and about 7 or 8 Oregon ran the QB basically up the middle and we wasnt even touched until he was 6 yards downfield. Neither team offered much resistance on defense (or whatever it's called in those conferences when the other team has the ball).

Supposedly the 2nd and 3rd/4th best team from each conference?

Comment

Sounds like you may have bet against the Mighty Pac-10 again in this one Hart.........Don't be underestimating us West Coast monsters !!!.........You saw how Oregon State just annihilated Pittsburgh (OK, but they covered the spread anyway).............Wait'll USC manhandles Penn State tomorrow -- it'll make you hate us even more..........Joe Pa doesn't even want to be on the sidelines for this one..........he'll watch from the press box so he can be as far away from this massacre as possible !!!........Hoo-roo !!
        ;)

Comment

no, didn't bet against anything. just got stuck watching it was all and lack of tackling jumped out at me.

pac 10 is soft, not a doubt in my mind & big 12 defense (or lack thereof) is even worse.

it was a bit surprising to see oregon st pitch a shutout, even if it only was against a one player offense like pitt. how does that stiff QB stull even warrant a scholarship? that kid is just plain awful. hope wannstadt isnt hitching his star to this kid's wagon for his senior season at the helm of the pitt offense.

Comment

Well I guess we all saw a clinic on tackling from the cream of the SEC tonight, eh? They should show that game to all the Big 12 and PAC-10 teams so they'll know how to do it from now on.

Comment

Working...
            X