Ravens vs. Steelers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ravens vs. Steelers

Better start a thread discussing the AFC match-up.

This is a car accident waiting to happen. Both these teams can hit and hit hard.

Still like the Ravens to cover.

Should be a great game.

I think the line is crazy myself the way Balty D can keep them in it.

I have Pitt to win the AFC at alomst 2 to 1 so I am staying off of it most likely, or I may play a small dog teaser with Balty and AZ.

I thought it would be more like Pitts -3.5 or so but it keep climbing and its 6.5 now at one of my books.

Or is it a sneaky line, and Pitt blows the doors off them. ALA GTown hammering cuse last night when the 6 points with Cuse looked juicy!

Comment

Personally, I think it's a sneaky line. It's not like Baltimore hasn't been winning for people. They're popular because of their killer defense and the fact that they are something like 14-4 ATS this year. The 2 games between these teams have been decided by a total of 7 pts. The game in Pittsburgh went to OT and was decided by 3. Seriously, why would the odds makers make Pittsburgh a -6 pt favorite? Baltimore +6 almost sounds too good to be true. There is a theory about trap lines, although I've read stuff from some of the so-called experts that say that is hogwash. Personally, I think the worm is on the hook in this line. Maybe they feel this game's too much for the rookie QB and coach, with the Super Bowl on the line. If you think about it, the defenses are about equal with Pittsburgh a little better in passing situations and Baltimore maybe a little harder hitting. So if it comes down to offense, you've got two battle-tested vets in Roethlisberger and Hines Ward vs a rookie and a banged up Derrick Mason who has been held out of practices this week? And he's not the only Raven who's dinged up.
      Pittsburgh is 1st in overall defense, 1st against the pass, 2nd against the run, 1st in points allowed.
      Baltimore is 2nd overall, 2nd against the pass and 3rd against the run, 3rd in points allowed. But really, I've seen their secondary get picked apart a few times. LB Terrell Suggs has a sprained shoulder, and I don't see that healing overnight. He is the Ravens sack leader with 8 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 2 INT's and 2 TD's.

Comment

After all of the back-and-forth handicapping on my part, and after seeing what the oddsmakers have done with these lines, I've decided to do this:

PITTSBURGH -6 1/2......I think these two teams are pretty even, but I also think that the home-field at Pittsburgh is worth about a touchdown or so.........So while my heart is with the Ravens, I'll be betting on the Steelers.

PITT/BALT OVER THE TOTAL.......With so much talk about the two defenses, it'll probably turn out to be an offensive show.......Silly, but that's the way these thing play out sometimes.

ARIZONA +3 1/2........Only because Warner and Co. seem to be on a roll and Andy Reid and Donovan Mc Nabb always seem to self-destruct in the big games..........Getting more than a field-goal in a house that's known to be a big advantage, I'm on the Cardinals.

ARIZONA/PHIL OVER THE TOTAL.....I just think that this game turns into a wide open tit-for-tat type game, and whoever gets the last shot with the ball, will emerge victorious.........Hoping for a 38-28 final.

These are just the plays that I'll be going with, not trying to call any guarantees or trying to persuade anyone to believe in what I do, I have a way of looking at these games that don't make much sense, and when they do, they never pan out that way.........So good luck guys.
        ;)

Comment

Suggs is out and Rolle is also dinged up. The Titans pushed that vaunted D all over the field last week and even Chad Pennington was moving the ball between the 20s. I've liked that Balty D all year also, but they are not as good as Pitt or Tenny's D. And their offense is non-existent. My heart is also with them but I'm afraid Pitt rolls them as Fast Willie is back and Big Ben has good receivers at WR and TE.

Still that's why it is -6 or -6.5. That Balty D is still resourceful and could once more create the turnovers that keep it close.

GL

Comment

Not too thrilled with all the injuries on the Ravens.

Tough picks this week.

Comment

The Pitt-6 line has me going back and forth. On the one hand I think the value is with Baltimore as I had the game at Pitt-3 ½. On the other hand I see a healthy Pitt team at home versus an injured Balt team (Rolle, Suggs,McClain,etc.) running out of gas, Balt unable to score points unless there are turnovers, visions of the Balt defense pushed around and offense impotent last week, and Pitt offense much improved with a healthy Parker.

My picks this weekend:

Ariz+3 ½
              (probably Pitt-6 or no bet; undecided)

Comment

steelers will win by double digits IF Flaco isnt nearly flawless. for ravens to cover, Flaco must have near perfect performance. I am betting he won't. my Hart and cash are with the steelers.

Comment

I like Boone's theory on the over in the pitt/balt game.

One may look at the D and see a low-scorer, but what also comes with good Defense is turnovers and good field position.

Plus the special teams come into play too with a low total like the big run back Holmes had against SD last week.

I like the over there too, I see a 34 now. And like I mentioned in the other thread, would liek to tease it somehow.

Lines are tight, teasers may please either way you play them sunday.

Comment

I agree that this line is begging you to take the Ravens. -6 is a lot considering this could and should be a field goal game, but the Ravens had their bye week in week2 or very early due to the hurricane that rocked Houston, taht was many months ago and they may as someone stated be running out of gas and the injuries are starting to pile up.
                    Pitt's Offense is starting to get it together and with the Dominating D this team is poised to win it all.
                    I think they cover the TD and I usually don't bet on my team becuse I don't know if I am using my head or heart, but as someone stated the worm is on the hook and Ravens are the bait.
                    good luck

Comment

26 degrees and 80% for snow. Looks like the under....brrrrr.

Comment

Snow doesn't mean under look at last week with SD it was snowing when they started and it flew over the small total of 37.

I don't see how cold weather would affect these 2 being that they should both be used to playing in it.
                        good luck

Comment

I don't mind when the best team wins...but roughing the punter 15 yard penalty...what a donkey call.

Comment

Judging by what I've seen here on Bettorsworld, the bookies are bending over right about now............This Super Bowl has the looks of a good one on paper......Good offense vs. a good defense, on natural grass in good weather........I would think that the Steelers would open as a 3-point favorite, with the total being somewhere around 44 .........any thoughts?
                            ;)

Comment

IMO the line is extremely inflated. Ben is by far one of the worst QBs in the league. I feel that they stand a better chance starting Leftwich. I personally keep waiting for the Arizona of old to return and they continue to prove me wrong. These lines appear to be manageable while the last two weeks have caused me to pull my hair out. Right now the ML looks to be at +230 for the Cards and I like the value there.

Comment

Working...
                              X