X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl

Ariz -6.5
    Pitt 47

Really expected to see Ariz -8. The over/under looks a little high at first glance.
    Any thoughts.

According to Las Vegas Sports Consultants the opening line was Steelers -6.5 and 47.5. At my book it is currently at Arizona +7 @ -115 odds and 47. After last week's games I predicted Pittsburgh vs Arizona in the Super Bowl, with the Steelers winning by 10. Now I'm not so sure. Although they did cover vs Baltimore, their offense is pathetic. This has got to be one of the worst offenses to ever make it to a Super Bowl. They may win, but probably not by more than a TD. That Arizona defense has really stepped it up, and the running game has also improved enough to help out some. If the Cards can avoid the rush like they did today with those quick dump offs, they will be tough to handle. I also think the total seems a little high.

Comment

I thought in the Pitt game that Ben got hurt and Leftwich was warming up to go in. I was so excitted and then the statue returned.

Comment

I was hoping that Leftwich was coming in also.

Comment

Dragon,

I just posted on another thread that I figured that the Steelers would open as a 3-point favorite, with the total being somewhere around 44............As soon as I posted, I went over to "Scoresandodds", and they have the Steelers at -3, and 43 1/2.............Right where it should be, but don't get swayed by the money play...........Go with your gut, like you did on today's games, and you'll be on the right track.........Too much information (especially from the media goons) can sometimes take you off track.............
          ;)

Comment

I would think a 7 pt teaser would be a pretty good bet either way with the under. Pit - PK/UN 54 or Ari +14/UN 54. This game couldn't possibly go over 54 could it? We're talking about the best defense in football this year, against one that is playing at a pretty high level too.

Comment

I think Pitt -3 and 43.5 is more reasonable.

Comment

On a couple different occasions have the best def and the best off not met? I know they have but I was curious if anyone had past lines for these games and the final scores.

Comment

What's the Over/Under as to how many times we'll hear the cliche that "Offenses win games, but defenses win championships" in the next two weeks...........Say what they will, but on natural grass, in a neutral stadium, I'll take Warner and Bros. to take it to the next level in the Big Game........Give this guy 3 receivers and the O-Line that he has at the moment, and I see a replay of the Rams/Patriots all over again.........Lack of a running game on the Cardinals part is a bit of a concern, but when you give a passer like Warner time in the pocket, you don't need a running game........I don't care what I read or hear over the next two weeks, these guys are playing to win.........The Steelers will have to find an offense that can outscore guys, because they simply have too many weapons...........Let's hear it.
                  ;)

Comment

If you guys feel the number should be 3 and 43.5........you have two nice plays! Cards and Under

Pinnacle and CRIS/Bookmaker both opened the game 7 and 46.5

Both went down to Pitt -6.5

As I typed this, CRIS went back to 7

Doubtful you'll see anything differnet than a 6.5 or 7 right up until kickoff.

Comment

J-Pal,

I sent my post before you asked that, but yes...........In my lifetime, I've seen many a good defense stop some of the best offenses ever...........but the Steelers swagger sometimes stems from the very prohibited home-field-advantage that they enjoy..............Going from "artificial turf" to a natural grass environment is a very underlayed difference...........The Cards play all of their games on the real sod, so this is a big advantage.........I'm not saying that this is the game-decider, but it really does count as a big intangible.

Now I could be full of shit and basking in the moment at the joy that we don't have to watch a Super Bowl with two teams coming out of the same state (Philly/Pitt), and I'm no bandwagoner by the least, but I just see the things that Arizona has done in the post-season, and they have all of the earmarks of a team that's on a mission............I had the Falcons to take them out, and then I thought that the Carolina Panthers would school the shit out of them, but when a team is on a roll, and the "Cards" are falling in the right direction, I say that I seen this all before...........Don't listen to me, shoot your best shot and keep on winning.
                      ;)

Comment

total should be about 40. cards wont move at will vs steelers and their offense is hobbled considerably if ward isnt at 100%.

undies

Comment

That should read "prohibitive"............not prohibited.........Oh well.
                          ;)

Comment

I am leaning Under and AZ too, but more probably just an under play by itself or a tease with AZ +14 and under 54.

one reason, public loves fav and over, although the cards may be a public darling as the media hypes the crap out of it for 2 weeks. But either way like to go against any public perception in the SB.

I cannot see why you guys think Leftwich is better than Ben. Ben has a pussy arm and cannot move much, but he manages the game and makes good decisions which is all you can ask when he has the weapons around him and the D to bail him out if needed. He does not make mistakes, except the huge one that could have been when Sweed knocked the INT away in the endzone.

But I am comfortable having my money on someone like Ben over any other guy b/c he is smart. Many other dumb-ass QB's cost me money at time s this year forcing stuff, and I will take the QB who throws it out of bounds and saves a posession over some guy who throws it trying to be a hero.

Anyway, on that note, let the over-analyzing begin and the over hyping begin. I hate having 2 weeks to listen to this BS, but it will be a good game none the less.

My early play is UNDER 47.

Comment

Woody,
                              Im really shocked by your statement that he doesn't make mistakes.
                              14 fumbles
                              17 int
                              18 tds
                              I see your point with the way he manages the game but damn its not pretty at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X