Feel free to post your thoughts and comments
    here as we break down the bracket, I see quite
    a few upsets coming

Carpet

Illinois lands in the dreaded 12-5 seed vs
    WKy....

suprised the Illini got a 5

Comment

I like Louisville to win it all. They have the complete package. Those losses are ancient history. They are playing great! I haven't seen anyone as well-oiled and healthy as they are.

If Lawson is healthy it could be a marvelous Track Meet of a Final!

Louisville, Memphis, NC and Pitt.

Darkhorses could be Syracuse, Wake, Oklahoma, if you can call them Darkhorses. Even Texas. Maybe Purdue. They have talent. Why did they underperform all year?

GL

Comment

I wonder who in the Big 10 is greasing the pockets of the selection guys?

Come on, 7 teams!

Mich State, Purdue, Illinois, and (maybe) Ohio State are worthy. The others, no way.

Wiscy? What the hell?
        Minnesota? Tubby must have sent a check over.
        Michigan? See ya early.

I would take SD State, Creighton, and any other Big East team to beat these teams.

And Arizona, that is just stupid. They did get hot late and may surprise, but I think there are better teams, and even CAL in the pac-10?

They should let another small school in over Arizona.

Comment

oops, I guess Cal got in.

I must have missed them.

my early thought on the lines...

Cornell +13 over Mizzou...Think a good angle is to go against someof these teams that had to play a bunch of games in their conf. tourneys. Not saying Cornell wins but stays within 10.

Portland State +11 over Xavier...X is the classic good team that does not really blow people out and lets them hang around. Port State is decent and may have an upset chance here.

Cleve State +8 over Wake...Sneaky team here that is defensive minded. Very strong dog here.

Okie State +3 over Tenny...Tenny just does nto have it together and can lose anytime. They can score but can they stop anyone? Plus public may be in love with them after they watched play sunday in the SEC championship.

BTW, how crappy were the refs in the closing minutes of that SEC game? They kept blowing calls, and then trying to make it up, and then blew another, and then a make-up. Piss poor and they decided that game. Plus the clock people must have has one too many green bres on staurday night.

Have to look at Siena + over Ohio State too, but it scares me bc Siena is everyones 'drak horse'. If it was anyoine else other than Ohio State, I may takethe fav.

More to come but those are what came off at first glance to me.

All the value is gne now with Uth State over Marquette. Now may look at marquette if the line keeps moving down too. Same with UCLA over VCU, and BYU over A&M.

I feel like people are really hammering the dogs this year, but there are some solid favs that may be good plays b/c they are just better teams.

Comment

I really like your Portland St play.
            SU win???

Comment

Bracket help needed.

BC vs USC? Don't know which way to go SU for the bracket?
              Same ? about Tenny and OK State?
              UCLA and Nova in Round 2?
              FSU and Xavier in Round 2?

Can Texas beat Duke in Round 2?

Who wins UCLA/Nova vs Duke/Texas in Round 3?
              OK or Clemson vs Cuse or ASU in Round 3?

GL

Comment

Woodee

I hope you dont mind I wanted to respond to
                your post on Minesota and Tubby writing a check
                to get in. There are many who share that
                opinion, but I dont.

Minny beat Louisville, Ohio State, Wisky 2 times
                and Illinois as quality wins, I watched this team
                all year and Coach Tubby has got some real talent
                he is molding.

They also beat Cornell 71-54 a team you have
                staying close to Missouri by 13.

These kids can play some basketball and they
                belong on the floor with 65 teams.

The Big 10 is going to suprise alot of people
                this year, mark my words.

Carpet

Comment

No problem. Thanks for posting.

I am going to repsectfully disagree with you on the Big 10 and we can see how it plays out on the court.

I am rooting for Illinois since besides UNI, they are the closest team to me in location and I am a huge Bruce Weber fan.

And Michigan State is a good team.

But the others, I am not so sure. The thing I see with Minnesota is that they can go ice cold and that will be the end of them.

I guess the games that you point out are good indicators they did have a good schedule but I still think the Big 10 is inferior to many teams in the tourney.

Just the speed and level of intensity in which the other conferences play makes me think that the Big 10 cannot hang. Again, Illinois and Michigan State, yes, they are an exception, and possibly Purdue.

But Minnesota, Wiscy, and Ohio State would not be able to hang with the mid-teams in the Big East or ACC.

Again, juts my opinion and we can see how it plays out which is the great part!

Look forward to your insights as the tourney goes as well! And Go Illini!

Comment

Working...
                  X