• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Results - College Bowl Game Contest - thru Day 7

It looks like the W's rule.

WhatNot 7-2 7 pts
    widestrides 7-2 7 pts
    WildCard 7-2 7 pts

bigdogdan2 6-3 6 pts - pending ruling on changed pick which has been initially counted as a loss
    Boone Moone 6-3 6 pts
    bret3518 6-3 6 pts
    Dr Ray 6-3 6 pts
    FSU123 6-3 6 pts
    Jason Daubenspeck 6-3 6 pts
    sakras 6-3 6 pts
    wizard 6-3 6 pts
    aakj 5-4 5 pts
    Carpet 5-4 5 pts
    Dinger 5-4 5 pts
    dogkatcher 5-4 5 pts
    Dragon1952 5-4 5 pts
    Krichinsky 5-4 5 pts
    LLXC 5-4 5 pts
    Lobster 5-4 5 pts
    Monroe Eaford 5-4 5 pts
    Russ B 5-4 5 pts
    THE CALF 5-4 5 pts
    wisconsin5473 5-4 5 pts
    woodee12 5-4 5 pts
    ALLSPORT 4-5 4 pts
    Chargerette 4-5 4 pts
    dkp 4-5 4 pts
    hart attack 4-5 4 pts
    Igetp2s 4-5 4 pts
    kbhirsch 4-5 4 pts
    laxsfo99 4-5 4 pts
    oakas 4-5 4 pts
    patlives 4-5 4 pts
    red raider 84 4-5 4 pts
    resteasy 4-5 4 pts
    Rick 4-5 4 pts
    xbigpappa 4-5 4 pts
    Dawg2 3-6 3 pts
    KJALB 3-6 3 pts
    oldluds 3-6 3 pts
    soli 3-6 3 pts
    The Boys 3-6 3 pt
    azbob 2-7 2 pts
    daddyd 2-7 2 pt
    hihosilvr 2-7 2 pt
    kdawg 2-7 2 pts
    LuckyL 2-7 2 pt
    msubulldog 2-7 1 pts
    ndsent1 2-7 2 pts
    RAW 2-7 2 pt
    Swicat 2-7 2 pts
    samter 1-8 1 pt
    Miklos 0-9 0 pts

I don't see anything in the rules that say you can't change your pick? I also changed the pick within an hour of the original one a day in advance.

Comment

No official rule on changing that I know of, but we have always picked just
      once and lived with the results. A few have changed their pick after the game
      was over .

Comment

I have nothing to do with the rules.

BigDog is right there is nothing posted about changing a pick in the rules, However that being said it would be almost impossible to list any and all possible scenarios that the rules could cover the list would be endless.

Laxo is correct we have always played with one pick allowed per player. With no switching regardless if the change comes 5 seconds after the first pick or 5 hours that has no bearing.

I for one can see the problem changing picks would cause in the contest not only for the scorer but for all the players.

I aint saying this happend in this case but what if a key piece of information was provided such as a suspension or illness to a key player or players.... The world would rush to change initial picks and it would be chaos.

Sorry BigDog I have to side with the initial ruling of Laxo, Dragon and crew no switching picks after they are made

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
          I have nothing to do with the rules.

BigDog is right there is nothing posted about changing a pick in the rules, However that being said it would be almost impossible to list any and all possible scenarios that the rules could cover the list would be endless.

Laxo is correct we have always played with one pick allowed per player. With no switching regardless if the change comes 5 seconds after the first pick or 5 hours that has no bearing.

I for one can see the problem changing picks would cause in the contest not only for the scorer but for all the players.

I aint saying this happend in this case but what if a key piece of information was provided such as a suspension or illness to a key player or players.... The world would rush to change initial picks and it would be chaos.

Sorry BigDog I have to side with the initial ruling of Laxo, Dragon and crew no switching picks after they are made
          Well said by Carpet.

Further on down in another thread, the ruling was commented on.

Originally Posted by dragon1952
          "I think we've always played that the first posted pick is the one that counts but I'll defer to laxsfo99 since I'm just scorekeeper. Laxsfo?"

Concur, with Dragon’s above statement:” we've always played that the first posted pick is the one that counts”.

Primary reason: With possible major spread line shifts before kickoff, contestants could begin changing their initial selections resulting in a scorekeeping nightmare.

I started adding this to the rules.
          ADDITION
          7) Editing selections will not be allowed. Once your selection(s) is posted, it is official.

Good luck to all!

laxsfo99

Comment

Yes, as Carpet said it would be impossible to list every possible rule to cover every possible scenario. But if you look back at every single contest there has never been anyone posting to change a pick. I know the subject has come up before and everyone else must be aware of it. It would be like changing a bet or changing a pick at Sports Monitor. I'm sorry, but once you post it's official.

Comment

Hey dragon. You have me at 4-5. I should be 5-4.

You had me right at 2-4 thru Day 4.

I have hit the next 3 games:
              Tulsa
              Fla Int.
              Air Force

Thanks dragon.

Comment

Originally posted by laxsfo99 View Post
                Primary reason: With possible major spread line shifts before kickoff, contestants could begin changing their initial selections resulting in a scorekeeping nightmare.

laxsfo99
                In addition a unfair advantage to those that posted early, GOOD CALL
                on that ruling Laxso

Comment

Originally posted by oakas View Post
                  Hey dragon. You have me at 4-5. I should be 5-4.

You had me right at 2-4 thru Day 4.

I have hit the next 3 games:
                  Tulsa
                  Fla Int.
                  Air Force

Thanks dragon.
                  Looks like you are right. I'll update next results post. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks dragon...

Are you as sick as I am about the Chargers not in the playoffs?

Comment

I think management and coaching are to blame. Evidently Smith was willing to fore go the playoffs to make a point. Pretty expensive point and now they may lose VJax. I moved to Oregon 4 yrs ago though so I'm a bit removed from the team so not as sick as I would have been.

Comment

Working...
                      X