BEARS vs Seattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEARS vs Seattle

I think that the Bears Defense will contain Hasselbeck of the Seahawks and could possibly knock him out the of the game. This QB has thrown for 17 picks vs 12 Touchdowns this year.

The Bears are going to run the ball, why because they can with Matt Forte. The Special Teams play of Hester clearly favors the bears.

TaxMan, I would love your input on this game....................Now that GB is still alive and kicking, one of the most dangerous teams out there as Wild Card. Maybe we could have GB at Chicago for the NFC Championship....

Carpet

Bears -9.5. I thought it would be -7. Still like the Bears to expose the real Seahawks. Although, Seattle beat Chicago in Chicago in mid-season - one of the rare times Seattle wins away from home. But that adds revenge to the Bears advantage. Bears D will be flying around. No miracle run for Lynch like last week as Saints went for the usual strip and got burnt. Will Cutler carve up the real Seahawk (weak) defense that we once saw.

I think Falcons will take out the Packers. Matt Ryan smarter than Aaron Rodgers. That plus home field, plus Atlanta's D looked better than I thought against the Saints. Plus a week of rest. Should be good game. Atlanta only -1. Thought it would be -3.5 or -4.

But I only went 2-2 this weekend, so expect one of the above to be right and one wrong. Let me know which one is which!

GL

Comment

The Pack showed a lot today by going into Philly and making them look feeble under Andy Reid yet again......They have been playing some of the best football in the league the last few weeks and I wouldn't be surprised to watch them march into Atlanta next week and do the same to Matty Ice.

I've been saying all along that he (Matt Ryan) would be their downfall if there is indeed one........but again, the Packers are looking more and more like the team we all thought they would be earlier in the year before the key injuries to Ryan Grant, Aaron Rodgers (cuncussion) and others knocked them out of whack for a bit......I think the bookies read into this as well, and that's the reason for the small number -- even though the Falcons are at home........We'll find out in about a week.
      ;)

Comment

If Green Bay runs the ball like they did against Philly, Atlanta could be in big trouble. Rodgers already has a decent match-up against the Falcon pass 'D'.

Comment

Well since I am on a roll in the NFL, (lol.) I say the Bears will beat the Seahawks by 14. So with me doing so well Saturday and almost putting myself in a drunken coma by doing so. I would probably suggest everyone go with the Seahawks...Because I know like I said I stink at the NFL....

Comment

straight up I like the bears over seattle and falcons over GB. green bay did what other teams (and the justice system) had already done, exposed Vick as poor decision maker. If he doesn't decide to pass immediately and they flush him right he's lost. He can't throw it running right (one pass exemplifies that when it was not even near Celek) and he tends to run it so just need containment. Flush him left and he's as human as any other qb.
            Matt Ryan is a good QB in an entirely different aspect as vick. vick is flashy ryan can manage the ball and make informed decisions. Ryan will hand off for the run where vick opts to keep it. No, this is an entirely different game and I expect a score akin to 20-17. Should be a grind em out game.

Bears should roll seahawks. They're D is better, they're rested and seattle doesn't travel well. But keep an eye on the weather.

Comment

Bears Game early forecast

22 degrees Winds 15-20 mph W, Wind Chill 10, snow possible.

I just cant get up for the Bears blowing Seattle out, they may win this game but I think Seattle keeps it close.

Comment

Here's some interesting stats.
                Since 2008 the Seahawks are just 5-19 SU on the road.
                18 of those 19 losses were by 10 pts or more.
                16 of those 19 losses were by 13 pts or more.
                13 of those 19 losses were by 17 pts or more.
                Since 2009 the Seahawks are just 3-13 SU on the road.
                All 13 losses have been by 11 pts or more.
                11 of those 13 losses have been by 15 pts or more.
                The average of their 6 road losses in 2010 was 20 pts. and all 6 were by 15 pts or more.
                The Seahawks are 16-35-1 ATS in their last 52 road games.
                They are 7-19 ATS in their last 26 games as a road underdog.
                They are 5-16 ATS in their last 21 games following a S.U. win.
                And they are 2-10 ATS in their last 12 games on grass.
                Since Dec 16, 2007 the Seahawks are just 3-17 SU east of the Rockies. 2 of those wins were against
                the 3-29 St Louis Rams of 2008-2009, and the other was against Chicago earlier this year.
                The Seahawks have also not won 3 games in a row since the middle of the 2007 season, a period covering their last 54 games.

So what this tells us is that the Seahawks rarely win on the road, and that around 95% of the losses are by double-digits.

Comment

Dragon, I appreciate the Stats but shows nothing about the Bears

I am forced to watch every Bears Game by default in Chicago, and I can tell you they are the lucky to be where they are. And it would not take much to beat the Bears even at home.

Throw the stats out the door the Bears have been known to flop at the wrong time and I really feel a FLOP coming.

Of all the teams out there the Bears is the Big Question mark on every ones minds.

Comment

Well I guess what it shows is that it doesn't really matter who the Seahawk opponent is....they lose to everyone on the road 95% of the time

Comment

BTW, not only are the Seahawks the 'local' team where I am, I've had the Sunday Ticket for 10 yrs and watch everybody. I've also got the NFL channel so I get all the games as well as the reruns. Not arguing or bragging or implying anything at all, but just making it known that I don't just rely on the stats and have seen all the teams a fair amount myself.

Comment

Wow! Da Bears should roll. Quite some stats on the Seahawks.

Carpet, I agree they are the luckiest team in the field. And now they are lucky again as they get the Seahawks. And they could get lucky again and get the Packers at Soldier Field. Then they will probably face the Patriots and Brady will get injured or sick in the off week and forced to sit out the Super Bowl.

Maybe Lovie really does have a pipeline to God!

Like Auburn Coach saying God was with us. Gimme a break!

Comment

I remember 2 years ago when the Cards played the Panthers in Carolina. No one gave the Cards a chance, they could not run and the Panthers had a great defense. Does anyone remember the final score? This will be a low scoring game, and low scoring games ALLWays favor the Big Dogg with lots of running plays. Hester will be the wild card in this game as far as the bears covering the big number. Ya want to trust Jay Cuttler 2 deliver you a double digit win?
                          Good Luck with that.

Comment

I wouldn't trust Cutler as far as I could throw him. I'll trust Seattle's history of ineptness on the road to deliver the double-digit win

Comment

Seattle was not "inept" when they kicked the Bears azz IN CHICAGO (I believe you can consider that a Seattle road win) earlier in the year, even with a Hester punt return 4 a TD.

Comment

Working...
                              X