Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widestrides Picks Week 19

YTD 96-76-5 (55.8%)
    0-2 last week. (Actually went 2-2, but didn't post my Sunday games, so can't count 'em.)

Didn't post my Atlanta pick yesterday either, fortunately. Packers rolling. Atlanta not ready for prime time yet.

I like both the Bears and the Pats today for reasons we stated in the discussion thread here:
    http://bettorsworld.com/web/forums/s.......Discussion

But I'm taking the cowardly way out and teasing them both down 7 points.

Bears -3 and Pats -2 on a 7 point teaser. Let's say for 2 units.

Also did some small props for fun:
    Matt Forte over 3.5 receptions
    Matt Forte over 35.5 receiving yards
    Greg Olson over 3 receptions
    Greg Olson over 28.5 yards receiving
    Marshawn Lynch under 52.5 yards rushing

Yes! Won a prop bet on the first Bears pass of the game as Olson gets a long TD pass. Sometimes, it's so easy! Cutler loves to look Olson's way.

Comment

great job with the picks.
      did lynch stay under it looks like he did?

Comment

Yeah, Lynch had 4 carries for 2 yards! Easy! But Olsen dropped a pass at the end and the Bears just ran it to kill the clock, so I pushed on Olsen for 3 catches and lost Forte for 3.5 catches, but won Forte and Olsen for receiving yards. 3-1-1 on props.

Now that I've got the Bears in the bag, just need Pats to win by 2 for the Teaser win.

What if you had Bears -11 and pushed because of that last TD by Seattle? Ouch. Most folks had 10 or 10.5, but some may have had 11 and some Seahawk backers ay have bought it to +11.

GL

Comment

I had -ten so never came into play..Thought it would go over, but couldn't pull the trigger on that one....

Comment

Widestrides, what did you think about the over/under on this one. I took under and at least right now it looks okay.. Just wanted to know what you thought about it or if you even had an opinion about it.

Comment

Sorry, didn't see your message in time, but I would not have been able to save you as I would have gone under on that Pats/Jets game also. Brutal Moose on that one.

I can't believe both #1 seeds, Atlanta and New England lost to the #6 seeds! And really got thoroughly outplayed by those #6 seeds. You just never know. It's all about MoMo in the playoffs.

Comment

Nice job on theprops....I had that same teaser. I HATE the JETS bit they had the right stuff yesterday.

I hope Pitt smokes them as I cannot stand to see Rex with the super bowl hype BS for 2 weeks. A-holes like him don't deserve to win. Bellchick is an a-hole but at least hes not an arrogant, crap-talking one.

Comment

Working...
                X