Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February College Hoops Dicussion/Plays thread

Onto February

Ended January pretty well. Won more than I lost overall but hope to get in to post them all this month as I missed a few days.

I feel I am getting a handle on the lines and linesmaker's perceptions of teams. I am playing the line more-so than the teams really as I study betting % and the way the lines are perceived. Some plays may seem odd but over the long haul, they pan out as winners. The good teams are showing up and rounding into form as we hit the stretch run but also have bigger targets on thier backs going on the road. Bad teams get up for highly ranked good teams as we saw last night with Wyoming hanging with BYU and Wyoming has not beaten anyone. They were in it until the final 30 seconds and could have won.

I will try to spotlight why i am looking at some lines and be selective with my plays. I do not want to play more than 3-5 games per night as i seem to be winning my top plays but losing on some others. I am liking a lot of first-half bets as well.

I also usualyl play 1 monely-line parlay a night with 2 solid home favs. Try to get + odds but if it warrants, I will lay a few cents as needed.

So onward we go...Please chime in on the teams you know about.
    I probably know more than I should about some but my new book, Sports Interaction, has great match-up stats that have helped me a lot and quicker than going to a bunch of sites.

Thursday-

Michigan +16 over Ohio State...i feel like OSU can get beat on any given night and I love betting against #1. This line is high for a reason but I think Mich hangs in there within 12-14 by the end.

Arizona State +8 at Cal...may br rechign here but I think ASU is improving. They hung with Cal earlier in the year and lost by 4 at home.

ML Parlay-
    North texas pk over Fla-Atlantic
    Wright State pk over Loy-Chi

Probably it for the night but may add 1 more if the line moves like I want it to.

Good Luck!

2 more...

Weber State +4 over Montana

Stanford +3 over Arizona

Almost played Oregon +3 over Wash State too.

Comment

I am going to pull the trigger...

Oregon +3 over Wash State...Fishy line of the day.

Comment

PAC 10 Play tonight is:

534 Oregon +2.5

Good luck to all!

laxsfo99

Comment

great. glad someone else is feeling the ducks too. Just too obvious of a play taking Wazzu I think plus they are off that big game win over washington too.

Comment

Woodie,

Oregon 69 - Wazzu 43

Wouldn't it be nice if they were all as easy as this one. LOL.

Be back on Saturday with another PAC 10 ol' college try.

laxsfo99

Comment

"dicussion" come on....really it was th emiddle of the day and no booze was being consumed!

Nice call Lax...It was a nice winner. I thought I hit Stanford too but they blew it late...Thats what i get for asking bad team cover for me.

4-2 on the day--North Texas could not get it done at home and that ruined a very good day.

Probably a pass on friday in college...unless I take a look a Harvard and make them a play since they are a dog. Dogs are a good play on friday college usually.

Comment

Going to play one for Friday...

Harvard +2 at Pronceton...Princeton is 7-0 at home but I think Harvard is easily the class of the Ivy this year and has played a good schedcule to steal this one on the road as a bucket doggy.

Comment

Sat-

Texas A&M -4.5 over Baylor

Nebraska +6.5 over KU

Cal +3 over Arizona

St.Johns +4 over UCLA

GL guys...short on time this morning.

Comment

Buckeyes -4, no Nolen for the Gophers, that will impact them. Also, don't be fooled by MN's home record, it is pretty weak. The only noted ranked team was Purdue and they beat them by 3. Also, getting excellent value by previous game in which OH ST won by 3 @ home a couple of weeks ago. I can see the Buckeyes winning by at least 7.

Wisconsin minus whatever. Until Sparty stops the downward spiral, I'm playing against them. Wisconsin is a beast at home.

Comment

I like Michigan +5 at Penn State. Evenly matched game and some value since PSU has been beating some good teams.

I am putting a small play on MSU +9 too. Just have a feeling they put a half-way good effort together today for some reason...even tho I siad never again!

Also, playing Florida State +7 at UNC too.

Broke even yesterday as I added a couple more plays than I posted. A&M baffles me too--that was a great spot for them and they couldn't even win.

Comment

adding:
                        Minnesota +5 over OSU...contrarian all the way here. Logic says OSU smashes them but I am feeling the upset today in this game!

Comment

TaxMan, Great call on Ohio State and Wisconsin, Man does Michigan State look bad.

Woodee very nice call on Michigan today beating Penn State

I tailed you boys today, as I was wore out from the Illinois game yesterday.

Comment

3-0 today thanks guys,

Comment

Glad you picked my winner and not the losers!

MSU is done and OSU is that good. I learned thatlesson once again, and hopefully I remember again before I make any other wagers.

I still like going against any #1 team as you get a couple extar points on the dog, so most likely from here on out, if a team is half-way good, I will still play against OSU and most likely make a profit until they lose 1.

Comment

Working...
                              X