Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Wrong with this Illinois Basketball Team this year ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Wrong with this Illinois Basketball Team this year ?

What is wrong with this Illinois Basketball team ?

This was going to be the year for the program to turn the corner, but sitting at 15-8 sure look's a lot like last year. There was high expectations coming into the season led by 4 Seniors. These Seniors are nothing special and I have to look at the 2007 recruiting class that brought these players in, One of the lowest ranked classes in the last 15 years at Illinois.

Would it be safe to say that these Seniors have hit their plateau? Point Guard McCamey has disappeared the last 4 games and only wakes up the last 3 minutes of each game. I hope he changes his mind set on the court because he is costing himself a lot of future money they way he is balling now.

Mike Tisdale 7-1 Center put on 30 pounds this year to his stick frame and this has done nothing but slowed him down his lift is not what it used to be.

Illinois looks like an Team of All Stars that have never played together before, Low Basketball IQ, poor hustle, and mental mistakes galore. Coach Weber said after the NW game " I just don't know what to do to be honest". We have heard that already this year coach if you are reading this post.

Last Year Illinois failed to make the NCAA Tourney with a 10-8 Big 10 League record. And they can't find 10 wins this year with out a road win VS....

VS Minny at the creepy barn, MN is 11-1 at home this year
    VS MState who is 9-2 at home
    VS Ohio State who is 16-0 at home
    VS Purdue who is 12-0 at home.

Illinois is the biggest team in the land in front court size but they are also the weakest, any team with a strong post presence will dominate this soft underbelly Illinois has.

The motion offense is a thing of beauty when it works, the only problem is every time McCamey lets that shot clock wind down while he is passing the ball to himself like a Harlem Globetrotter with they fancy between the moves dribble while his defender and everyone is just watching. The play is then ran to late and with time running down its always a desperation shot. The solution is to run, run the ball up the court every time and get into the offense immediately. Illinois is a poor half court offensive team.

The young talent Illinois has and the talent coming in next year is far Superior to the Seniors and it shows.

Final comment: This team will only go as far as Point Guard McCamey takes them and from what I have seen the last 4 games from him sleep walking through big games he better wake up and wake up in a hurry. I have watched this kids every move and I can see why Coach Weber never turns off the heat on this player but it just don't matter to McCamey he is going to do what he damn well pleases when he wants and if he wants. Frustrating and he has no hope in the NBA.

I think Illinois is going to finish 18-13 this year.

Illinois is 1-6 this year in games decided by 6 points or less.

Comment

Carpet has just received information that the NIT has placed the Illini on the list as teams they would like to invite back to a party in New York

Comment

The Gophers open a 1 point chalk at Ceasers.

Once again I think that point guard Mccamey of Illinois will break out of his slump and the guard play will create problems for Minny.

Terrible road team this year Illinois has been all year, but this is a 8 pm tip so I know there will be alot of pent up energy to play the game.

Illinois must prove they can win on the road and a win at the creepy barn would help some.

I have heard that Coach Weber brought both Mccamey and Tisdale into his office and said to both of them if you dont play and produce your minutes are going to be cut. That is a huge statement by the coach to these senior players because the bench is loaded with energy and great pure raw talent.

At sometime in a season a Team finally gets it or they don't, Illinois has all the horses to beat Minny in a fast pace game. (Fast pace in the Big 10 is 68 points a game)

I am going to bet on the intangible here for this game and think that the Seniors heard the wake up call at Illinois

Take the bad road team that is in shambles to win this game

Comment

Good spot here for Illinois as a dog. I will try them another time at +2 and see what happens.

Comment

Minn -1 & Denver -1 I also parlayed them.

Comment

Illinois wakes up and wins on the road, loved the intensity they displayed, Coach weber benched his two starters Mccamey and Tisdale to start the game and it worked. Tisdale the center had started 95 straight games.

Next up Purdue at Illinois

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
                Illinois wakes up and wins on the road, loved the intensity they displayed, Coach weber benched his two starters Mccamey and Tisdale to start the game and it worked. Tisdale the center had started 95 straight games.

Next up Purdue at Illinois
                Great call...........

Comment

Hope it continues...I want to see them in the tourney! They need to rattle off about 6-7 wins in a row!

Comment

Working...
                  X