Tuesday 2/22 College Hoops thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 2/22 College Hoops thread

I'm going to continue to ride the ATS streaking MSU Spartans. They have taken me to the window the last 3 times with ATS covers. Kalin Lucas has appears to regain his explosiveness in the past couple of games. Roe and Green have stepped up their play as well. The Gophers are losers of 5 of 6 Big Ten games. Also, this is the rematch of 12/31/10 game where the Gophers had Sparty down 6 @ half and wound up losing by 9. Right now, Sparty is focused and on a roll. I'll take the points, but won't need them.

Spartans by at least 2

Like Carpet has mentioned before, Illinois is too talented to get shelled in Columbus. To attack the Buckeyes, you either play a slow down offensive game or play them physically the whole game with your entire bench against their very short bench, a la Purdue.

I'll be rooting for Illinois to knock off Ohio State, but I see Ohio State winning by 5 to 8.

Illinois +11

My leans for the day....Probably not plays unless lines move in my direction more.

S. Carolina +2 over Ole Miss

Illinois +6.5 (1st half) over OSU...think this is solid as ILL sometimes plays a good half but sucks in the 2nd. +11 looks good too and public is on OSU 68% at the moment at one site.

Texas -18 over Iowa State...similar game to KU last night but I see them not letting up and winning by 25-30 rather easily. ISU has nobody to guard Texas' guys and Texas is not happy either.

Comment

My Card:

Lakers -7
      Rockets -2

Ill. +10.5
      N. Iowa -6
      Texas -17
      MSU +3.5

Comment

I agree with Theboys on Mich St. I think they have to win to make the tourney, but I couldn't pull the trigger on a straight play, so I teased them to OSU.
        My plays:
        NIowa -6
        Brad+3
        Vandy-5 1/2

Smaller play Tex-17
        Teaser Mich St +8, OSU-6 1/2

Comment

Today I am laying with

ILL + 10.5

Michigan State plus 2.5

Comment

I am going to go with you guys tonight against my better judgement...I need some luck coming my way. I think Minnesota is going to beat MSU so I am staying away from that one altogether since you guys like MSU.

Illinois +11

Illinois +6.5 (1st half) too.

Comment

Everybody is on the MSU bandwagon, but I saw them at the end of the Illinois game and they looked gassed and what's his name is on one leg. I was impressed with Minny at home even in their loss to Illinois. Ralph Sampson's kid is pretty good and they had some good guard play.

Line has gone from Minny -4 to -2.5 so everyone is on MSU. Sharps or squares, I don't know. But I'm going to go small with the home team.

How about under 133 on Minny/MSU? Could be a grinder.

Louisville -4 over Rutgers? At Rutgers, but Louisville is on a roll.

I think Ohio State might be pissed off and at home. Still 10.5 is too much so I'll stay away. Maybe teams have the formula to beat them now.

Tenny getting points (+5) in a rivalry game at Vandy. Hmmm?

Comment

I think I'll wait till halftime for the Minny game. I do better after I feel the teams out. Or grab a Live! bet.

GL

Comment

I like Vandy, L'ville, Minny, and Utah to win at least SU. maybe a ML parlay with a couple of them? Also, i can see Weber State winning SU as well.

Lines are tight once again tonight as they will be until the conf. tourney start and they some value may be able to be found.

Comment

It's halftime

Illinois hits 8-9 from 3pt land 89% and shot 52% from the floor
                    trailing the Buckeyes by 15 at half.

9 turnovers for Illinois to 0 for OSU is the killer

Osu has scored 30 points in the paint tonight and it's early.

If you would of told me that Illinois went 8-9 from 3 point land in the first half before the game I would have no way expected to be down by 15 at half.

This team is a kick in the nut sack

Comment

NEVER AGAIN will I bet these fools, even when they should be winning they lose...their fault or not. Play some D!!!
                      I think the under 73.5 in the 2nd is a good play.

Comment

When I saw the starting Line up for Illinois I knew we have a problem.

Coach Weber starts a player off the bench who has a total of 9 minutes of play this season and benches his 2 starters to begin the game. I knew that exact moment that would shatter this team.

16 or 19 turnovers, totally out of sync all night.

Coach Weber if you are listening, when playing the number 2 team in the nation it is ill advised to tinker with your line up, it crushed the moral of your Seniors, you beat them before the tip and before Ohio State did.

I have never seen a team so lost

Comment

well, that under sucked as bad as Illinois did.

Lost is a great way to describe them.

Comment

Figures. All my leans were right or looking good so far and I didn't play ANY of them!

What about 2H in Minny/MSU?

Minny playing zone and MSU can't hit, other than Lucas.

40 point 1H!

Line is Minny -1 and 68.

They both average 70 per game!

I like under 68. Minny -1?

Comment

I took 3 2H unders.

Minny/MSU under 68. (40 1H)
                              Rutgers/Louisville under 71 (52 1H)
                              Tenny/Vandy under 74. (58 1H)

No OTs please!

Comment

Working...