Thursday 2/24 College & Pro Hoops Tread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday 2/24 College & Pro Hoops Tread

Looking to bounce back from a bad night yesterday.

Keeping it short:

UConn -5, I'll be at the game and need action. Marquette is a hard team figure out lately. UConn, even without Coach Calhoun should win and cover.

Celtics -4: Denver has a new team. I can see them hanging tough for the 1H, but it will catch up to them. Celtics should pull away a la their last game against Golden State. I can see this being a 10 point unwatchable blow out in the 4th quarter. This is my play of the day.

For fun, parlaying MLs of UConn, Celtics & Heat

One so far for me...

USC +1 over Arizona....One book already has it at USC -1 bit I grabbed the +1 at SI before it moved.

Comment

I don't think you can really make a case for too many favs right now. I am going to be playing dogs from here on out thru the tourney. The better teams may be starting to look ahead a little and some of the younger teams are improving and maturing.

3 more for me tonight and that will do it unless you guys find a couple good ones for me to tail you on.

Appy State +7 over Coll. of Charelston

West Virginia +8 (buy 1/2) over Pitt

North Texas +5 over Arky State

Comment

Florida -6
        NorthWestern -4.5
        Gonzaga +4

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
          One so far for me...

USC +1 over Arizona....One book already has it at USC -1 bit I grabbed the +1 at SI before it moved.
          Very interesting.

549 AZ +1 or +1.5
          550 USC -1 or -1.5

Arizona record 12 - 2 PAC 10 and 23 -4 Overall
          USC record 7 - 7 PAC 10 and 15 - 12 Overall

Currently, Public all over AZ (sites I checked show 90% and 89% on AZ)

Hard to pass on USC when Vegas and Offshore begging you to take AZ. Definitely a possible play.

laxsfo99

Comment

Georgia +6

Comment

I went with TheBoys on Boston. And as much as I don't like the bet, I went with USC -1 1/2. I have small plays on:
              Clev St. -8 1/2
              Valpo -9 1/2
              Long Beach St. -8 1/2

Comment

I am sorry, Taxman had the Boston play.

Comment

Adding:

Georgia +6 over Florida

That USC-AZ line is way too fishy. Sometimes the obviious plays do win though but someone knows something somewhere....

Comment

NBA...

Denver Nuggets +5...public ALL OVER Boston with the overreaction of Melo being gone which I think actually helps them without his selfish 29 shots a game-sorry-butt. Sorry taxman--at least one of us will win!

Comment

No problem Woodie, I am used to being on the other side of Carpet, is that tacked down or glued down?

Anyway, I do see your point on Denver. Plus, I know that Boston is a very public team. I'm going on the assumption that Denver will need a few games to mesh and gel. Sort of what happened to Orlando when they had their trade earlier in the season. If I recall, I believe they lost a few games right after the trade. Just trying to adjust and they will not face a porous Memphis D. I can almost guarantee you that Denver will not shoot 50+% tonight.

GL

Comment

Another thing we could do in our thread is pick a few shorter favs -150 to -350 appx. who we think will win SU with the highest probability. Maybe help us all put together a solid ML parlay for the day.

Today I like:
                        UConn -240 for mine.
                        With probably Northwesten -180 2nd. May play them in a ML parlay?

Comment

OK, here's where I'm flingin' it tonight:

Wisc Green Bay ML
                          Valparaiso -9
                          Northwestern -4.0
                          Arizona +1.5 (I know, I know, but USC is not that good and AZ is heating up.)
                          Moreheaad State +4
                          Boise State +1.5
                          UConn/Marq under 142
                          NC Greensboro over 147

GL

Comment

Scratch UConn/Marq under.

Comment

550 USC -1

Good luck to all!

laxsfo99

Comment