Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday

Good slate of games tonight.

Breaking down the zaga-st.marys game now. Inititial lean on St.Marys myself but going back and forth. What do you guys think?

Played:

Coll. of Charl. pk over Wofford....CC has the bets player on the floor and he makes the difference.

looking at:
    West KY +1 over No. Texas...feel wku has the better inside game. WKU had to beat the #1 team yestedrday and may have used up a lot of there energy doing so.

ODU-VCU...UDU favored by 4.5. Smoked VCU last time out but this time its for a berth. OD is in, VCU is not so the motivation may go to VCU and the points.

Oakland -3
    This is a road game for Oakland, but it will not matter. They beat SDSU by 9 on their home court. This is the best team in the Summit conference and if you recall, they hasve prepared themselves with the early non-conference scheduling of basically taking on anyone in the midwest on their home court: Tennessee, Illinois, Michigan State, Michigan, West Virgina, Purdue, and Ohio State.

I saw this team play in Chicago over Thanksgiving and their coach is relentless! I am expecting the same result, Oakland winning by at least 7.

Oh heck, I'm going out and loading up. Make it a 3 unit play!

GL

Comment

Hey Woodie, I have been following all of the tournaments closely. Are you interested in talking? I will posts some thoughts momentarily.

Comment

I agree Taxman. I actually like Oral Roberts as well, but Oakland better.

Comment

OK, so far I took Coll of Charleston, Oral Rob, Oakland, with smaller plays on Mid Tenn St and Iona. As far as Gonzaga and SMC. I have liked SMC all year and was leaning that way to start, but after looking back at last years championship game where SMC crushed them. I now like Gonzaga. Gonzaga has 4 starters back from that game and Olynyk, who got contibuted off of the bench. SMC has 3 starters back, but lost a starter who contributed heavily and some guy who came off of the bench to score 20. I think Gonzaga has revenge in mind and are still on the bubble.

Comment

The ODU- VCU game is a really tough one. They split their games this year with ODU winning by 11 on the road and VCU winning by 9 on the road. VCU started out hot, but ODU has ended hot only losing to GMason since Jan22. This is almost exact replica of last year. They split their games and VCU beat up GMason in the semis. ODU won by 4. I am not sure where they played last year, but they are playing in Richmond. Not VCU's homecourt, but it is their hometown. Leaning towards VCU, but not sure yet.

Comment

OK, after looking deeper into the ODU-VCU game. The game last year ended in OT. 4 starters return from each team. The starter ODU lost scored 26 pts. they also lost 2 backups who accounted for 21 and 19 mins and 15 pts. The starter VCU lost scored 6pts. ODU is 8th in the nation in rebounding and VCU is 292. I am still going to go with VCU. Hometown, revenge and more experience back.

Comment

Good info, Thanks.

I am kind of leaning Zaga myself now. I think the public still remembrs St.Marys and their deep tourney run last year. Really, Zaga played better yesterday that SM did, but the score ended up closer in the Zaga game.

As far as VCU-ODU, I think the points are the only way to look but maybe a good pass. With all the talk of how VCU's win could mess up the bubble, I can see them winning.

Comment

And I do liek Oakland and Iona St.up so I am going to parlay those 2 together on the ML. Even money.

Comment

this Oakland game has Vegas screaming TRAP to me

I just cant pull the trigger on this game, gl fellas...

Comment

I think St. Mary's is the more clutch team. They play smart. I saw them lose to Gonzaga just recently, but St. Mary's looked like the better team. This one may go down to the wire and now it is St. Mary's +2. I think the Zags are favored because there are a ton of Zags fans down from Spokane. Aussies win!

And I will tail Taxman on the Oakland game.

St. Mary's +2
                      Oakland -3

Comment

I am going to stick to my charelston pick as my main play along with my parlay.

Think I may throw Zaga and Old Dom in a small parlay too for some + odds for a 1/2 unit and just enjoy. For some reason, I feel like that VCU is just begging for money on the dog.

NBA Play for me:
                        NYK/Utah OVER 211

Comment

Oakland up by 16 at half

Comment

Well ODU is killing them on the boards which I hoped wouldn't happen. They shot like 60 some percent. Halftime line was only VCU - 1/2. I think they cover and don't get blown out. I hope that I am not missing something by watching this game on my phone. I doubled my original bet for the second half.

Comment

Oakland was a breeze! Thanks Taxman. I doubt St. Mary's will be so easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X