Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Mock Hilton Rules........am I missing anything???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mock Hilton Rules........am I missing anything???

"Mock Hilton Rules"

This contest will be modeled as closely as possible after the "Las Vegas Hilton Super Contest" .

#1 NFL sides only. Contestants must select five teams per week, per entry. Contestants may not select both sides of the game.

#2 We will use the official Hilton line which I will post by Wednesday evening.

#3 The Posting deadline for the Sunday games is Saturday by 12:00 Midnight EST. Please read rule #7 for Thurs. and Sat. games.

#4 All picks must be posted in one post. In the event you're unable to post your picks because of technical problems please email them to [email protected]

#5 No corrections or editing of picks is allowed.......be careful, could result in a 0-5 for the week.

#6 This contest will run for the regular season of 17 weeks @ 5 picks per week = 85 total picks. 1 point for a win and 1/2 point for a tie.

#7 The Thursday-Saturday rule: If you're using a Thurs. and or Sat. game in your picks then all picks must be posted in one post at least one hour before the earliest NFL scheduled kick off time. See rule number 4.

#8 Tie-breaking Rules will be applied after the 17 week regular season in all 5 places. Tie breaking rules have yet to be determined.

#9 Top five winners payout: 40%, 25%, 20%, 10%, 5%

44 enrolled and paid participants = $2500 total pot.

1. The Boys
    2. resteasy
    3. Oldluds
    4. dragon 1952
    5. Monroe Eaford
    6. Taxman
    7. widestrides
    8. Carpet
    9. woodee12
    10 xbigpappa
    11. bigdogdan2
    12. red raider 84
    13. Krichinsky
    14. Dinger
    15. Jason Daubenspeck
    16. hihosilvr
    17. oakas
    18. bobomax
    19. gamester
    20. LSUDog
    21. cford1
    22 stardust
    23. bret3518
    24. OCK
    25. sacii
    26. chrny
    27. citizenc78
    28. samter
    29. The Kidd
    30. laxsfo99
    31. crash1500
    32. atman25
    33. gearchanger
    34. sherako
    35. whackjob
    36. dkp
    37. mattwellin
    38. pjt95
    39. winandwin
    40 ssantam
    41. SteamRoxorz
    42. TheBlackCat
    43. becks
    44. clueless13

Any issue that cannot be resolved by the above rules will be dealt with by Jeff and myself.

Last edited by The Boys; 09-14-2011, 06:54 AM.

The Boys

In regard to rule #3,

“#3 Posting deadline is .............."Not Sure Yet".........Leaning Sunday at 12 Noon, any thoughts

Since you’re seeking input, I say go with “Sunday at 12 noon”. Or, as a compromise how about, Saturday at midnight east coast time, therefore 9:00 pm for us left coasters)? With all the college games happening on Saturday, don’t want to be distracted with NFL selections in the afternoon.

To my knowledge, no one complained about not being able to access the site this past weekend. So, the argument about “line movement poachers” (LOL) jamming the site is a fraud.

In addition, each week, post the rules first then the Hilton lines.

laxsfo99

Comment

I am new to the Forum, but regarding rule #3, I like one hour before kickoff of the earliest game on Sunday. That is consistent with one hour before kickoff on a Thursday or Saturday game.

Comment

The Boys

Forgot to mention, include in the rules an alternate email address to send the Hilton picks in the event the Bettorsworld site goes down on Sunday am.

Once again, thanks for setting this up and allowing input.

laxsfo99

Comment

I vote for the Saturday deadline. 6 PM or even midnight as proposed above. The argument about line movement poachers had nothing to do with jamming the site. The idea was to avoid line movement poachers taking advantage of the sometimes "big" Sunday morning line movements due to players getting scratched or big money coming in late on one side. This week, if you waited until Sunday morning, you could have gotten favorable lines on the Bears, Bills, Redskins, Cardinals, Jets, Steelers, Rams and Titans compared to our contest lines. Four of those teams won and three lost if you tried to grab the favorable line. Maybe it's no big deal. But some weeks, there will be some very "big" moves. We would all be wise to wait until late Sunday morning to enter. Do we want that? I don't know for sure, but I suspect that is why the Hilton has their deadline on Saturday. Let's ask them.
          Last edited by widestrides; 09-13-2011, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Since we are a "mock" Hilton contest, use their deadline as well. That makes sense.

Comment

Its gotta be a Saturday deadline. I don't care when but sometime on Saturday...even late, 11:59 am or 3am is ok, but lets not get it down to the wire on Sunday. Just stupid. And if we are mocking the Hilton that is why they do it too and have had that dealine for years and will not change.

Comment

I like the saturday deadline as well. anytime is good.

Comment

Saturday by 12 midnight (11:59 pm) would be my vote.

Comment

and everyone's fine with that payout? 1st will get almost the same as 1st in the nfl game of the week. that is only 1 pick but runs longer through playoffs. this is 5 picks but ends regular season. Is it ok to be the same?
                    I'm fine either way really but thought i'd throw that out there.

Comment

Picks must be in Saturday. Anticipating the Sunday moves before they happen is part of
                      the strategy of this contest. It adds to the "intrigue" and is what makes it different.

Comment

I like the sunday noon deadline. Saturday is for college football, Sunday is for Pro football. Some of the best info out there comes on Sunday morning. For me personally, my picks are gonna be rushed if they have to be in on saturday night. Put me down for STRONGLY voting for the sunday noon deadline.

Lets hear some more opinions. There's 44 players in the contest... lets get everyone's input on the deadline thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Monroe Eaford View Post
                          I like the sunday noon deadline. Saturday is for college football, Sunday is for Pro football. Some of the best info out there comes on Sunday morning. For me personally, my picks are gonna be rushed if they have to be in on saturday night. Put me down for STRONGLY voting for the sunday noon deadline.

Lets hear some more opinions. There's 44 players in the contest... lets get everyone's input on the deadline thing.
                          agree I'd like some more input on the posting deadline.......

Comment

Midnite saturday preferably. I have to agree with a couple earlier posters, it's been saturday deadline in Hilton for some reason, let's stick with that. It is what was posted as the rules when we all paid in, I feel changing a week in isn't wise. Changing rules on the fly after a contest is started, especially a pay one, may open a can of worms. I'll abide by whatever the Boys decides tho.
                            Last edited by oldluds; 09-14-2011, 10:19 AM.

Comment

I like the Sunday noon deadline, too.
                              Why not have the latest info? Plus I pray for guidance at 8 a.m. Mass, then come home and enjoy coffee and breakfast while reading up on all the latest info coming in and making my picks shortly before kickoff. And when I go 3-2 or better I say Thank You Jesus! :-)
                              I won't say what I say, though, if I go 2-3 or worse

Comment

Working...
                              X