No announcement yet.

World Series Game 5---Series tied 2-2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Series Game 5---Series tied 2-2.

Did not get back in last night but made a small play on Texas last night. Too much juice for me to lay with the way the Cards bats were the night before.

Good series so far.

Hopefully the Cards can get one more and head back home with one more to win.

For Monday's game, I am going to pass on the side as the + with Carp does look good but being the 2nd time around for and him maybe getting a little tired, I cannot pull the trigger.

I think the best value play on the board is going back to the OVER. Its only at 8 (-115) and with the way both offenses can explode, and the way both pitchers have pitched, its really the only way you can look when they are playing IN Texas. Total was at 9.5 for 2 games and now down a full 1.5 runs. People remeber what happened last night but Holland was really on and unhittable.

CJ can be hit, and if Carp is a little off he will allow his runs as well.

I am going to say Texas wins this one late, 6-4, but the series goes back to STL for a Cards game 6 win, and then to a game 7 on Thursday.

I think your right, but I been on the wrong side last 2 games. GL
    good luck

Comment

I played U 26.5 (R+H+E):

CJ Wilson walks to many...His batting average against is an excellent .230ish.

Carpenter will give up 5 or 6 hits for 6 innings.

This is the play I like on the board.
      Last edited by Taxman; 10-24-2011, 06:25 PM.

Comment

I was able to get an in-game bet last night on Cards +1.5 at even odds....not sure what inning it was....but I felt pretty darn good about it :^ ( I haven't won all series.

Comment

Cards win tonight 8-3

Comment

should be cards 5-1 at least right now if Holliday quit choking when we he is needed in the clutch-- most over-rated guy in our line up i think!

Comment

Too bad Tony doesn't have the nerve to put Freese in the clean up spot, or flip Holliday with Berkman. Need more solid support behind Albert, or he'll never sniff a pitch the rest of the series.

Comment

17 base runners and only 2 runs, does not lead to success.

Tough uphill road when your Game 7 pitcher might be Westbrook, that is if you get by game 6!

Comment

Taxman, that was a GREAT play tonight. The StL skipper almost
                  blew it for you.
                  Probably didn't know or pick it up, but all of the batters who faced
                  Oliver had never had a hit off of him. Something like 0 for 12.....

Who would have pitched if St Louis had tied it up?

Comment

Unreal....Washington looks like the smarter manager now.

Just basic philosophy by him not a bunch over over-thinking!

Not all Larussa's fault bc Crads did not get buig hits early, but he still managed to screw up a lot!

Comment

Maybe they need Albert to put on a few more of his hit and run plays. What is that nonsense all about? I didn't catch if he hid from the media again or not.

Comment

Just a bad time to pick to do all these foolish things...Barely had those kind of thing happen in the regular season and now all the sudden everyone starts freaking out.

I don't know what is going on but hopefully they put it behind them. All I am asking for is a game 7 and whatver happens there is up to the baseball Gods!

I just don't want to end the season on that kind of game where it seemed like the whole team was just 'off'

Backs have been against the wall all year so they can do it, just hopefully they have a little left!!

Go Cards....I don't know what my wager will be on the game for sure. Heart Says Cards but may look at the under a little bit if the juice comes donw a bit.

Comment

Working...
                        X